NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is the Texans defense doing?

And how do you run anything BUT a quarterback sneak when you need literally less than a foot on 4th down? Awful.

Schaub broke his foot on a sneak, and I'm pretty sure they haven't ran one since.

did chris berman forget his eight ball of cocaine back at the hotel or something?

he sounds like he's on some downers

And how do you run anything BUT a quarterback sneak when you need literally less than a foot on 4th down? Awful.

i'm not sure why you're surprised. this is what wade phillips does. he plays man defense across the board, 1 high safety, and blitzes. that's why the elite QBs torch us. any elite QB destroys man coverage when you never switch it up. not to mention our 3rd and 4th DBs are terrible :lol:

I'm not sure that Vick can take a full season of beatings.  I think things would slow down a bit if he missed time.

did chris berman forget his eight ball of cocaine back at the hotel or something?

he sounds like he's on some downers
laugh.gif

Is Jonathan Ogden in his prime out there blocking Watt? Haven't seen him near Rivers yet.

Can't believe there's another game after this.

Ed Reed is gonna play as little as possible this season.. dude is only in Houston for a check ring

Fixed.

Also, you're a moron. If you knew anything about Ed Reed at all you'd know he doesn't play for the money. He drives a Chevy Equinox because he's so frugal.
He only played for my team for 11 seasons and is my favorite football player of all-time but yeah, I don't know anything about him.

If money wasn't a motivating factor, he wouldn't have shafted the team who will retire his jersey due to a small difference in guaranteed salary.

I never said he was a bad person or selfish. After winning a SB ring, Reed emphasized multiple times that he wants to earn money to take care of his family. Nothing wrong with that but clearly he was looking to play for the highest bidder.

And if YOU knew anything about Reed, you'd know that doctors told him to retire over three seasons ago and that he risks paralysis every time he steps on the field because of a chronic neck injury. Doctors told him to change his playing style to preserve his body, which is why he stopped tackling as much as he used to and finds every excuse to skip training camps, and leave regular season games early because of injury.

He has a SB ring and he's a surefire HOFer, he has no reason to continue putting his body at risk. I'm sure he'll play in the playoffs but he will probably try to limit his regular season play as much as possible.

:lol: Awesome response

Schaub broke his foot on a sneak, and I'm pretty sure they haven't ran one since.
Vik broke his ribs but he still runs

we're comparing schaub and vick now? :rofl:

Classic dumb Texans not taking the points.

actually we usually settle for field goals, and the play calling on 3rd down is uber conservative to make sure we can get the 3.

Vik broke his ribs but he still runs

we're comparing schaub and vick now? :rofl:

Any time you see a Kanye avy, just keep scrolling past them

This Chargers defense is looking pretty serious. Somebody gave Dwight Freeney the Space Jam juice (or HGH). Guy is out there playing like he's 25 years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom