NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I forgot, Doo Doo's been "hating the Texans for years now" :lol: :lol:

Suddenly our schedule's soft? K. Is the schedule soft, or are the Texans finally a good team? This isn't 2005.

And since Dallas is supposed to "win the Super Bowl this year", weren't they supposed to sandblast that "lowly scum of a Seahawks team" :rolleyes ?

What's the truth in that though? When the schedule came out, loads of people penciled in that we'd get washed by the Packers, Lions, Ravens, Bears, Pats, and a Peyton-led Broncos team. There were even lames calling in to the radio saying we'd get beat by the Jags cause Blaine Gabbert "has vastly improved" and has weapons. And on top of that, people have even said by the time the Texans face the Colts, Luck "will essentially be a second year QB" and will "give the Texans major problems". Huh :lol: ? But our schedule is suddenly soft though.

Eh. Let Texans be taken as weaker because of their schedule. I'm sure they don't mind. We'll see come playoffs. For now, none of this chatter really matters.

Last edited:
What's the truth in that though? When the schedule came out, loads of people penciled in that we'd get washed by the Packers, Lions, Ravens, Bears, Pats, and a Peyton-led Broncos team. There were even lames calling in to the radio saying we'd get beat by the Jags cause Blaine Gabbert "has vastly improved" and has weapons. And on top of that, people have even said by the time the Texans face the Colts, Luck "will essentially be a second year QB" and will "give the Texans major problems". Huh :lol: ? But our schedule is suddenly soft though.

careful peep, your making too much sense.

its ok though. thats why they play 16 games :pimp: anything could happen.

I've got Niners, Falcons, Texans in my top-3 currently for weekly power rankings.
Wouldnt disagree with this at all. This might be the year that the Falcons make some real noise. I tried to doubt them cause I want no Atlanta team to succeed but its getting really hard at the moment.

Wouldnt disagree with this at all. This might be the year that the Falcons make some real noise. I tried to doubt them cause I want no Atlanta team to succeed but its getting really hard at the moment.
I picked them in preseason to win the division largely because Brees is not the same player without Payton, Matty Ice's passing growth, and a huge sophomore season for Julio. Their defense looked extremely solid through three quarters against Peyton. I weigh wins against the Broncos and KC more than Miami and J-Ville.

careful peep, your making too much sense.

its ok though. thats why they play 16 games :pimp: anything could happen.

Except that nobody said all that. The concensus was that they were a top 5 team at worst coming into the season.
You dudes so defensive you're changing the story up. Fiending for team respect that bad. Lame.

Except that nobody said all that. The concensus was that they were a top 5 team at worst coming into the season.
You dudes so defensive you're changing the story up. Fiending for team respect that bad. Lame.

really? oh ok.

no ones defensive, Houston was picked as top team due to what they did last year.

but everyone saw the schd and said they have a weak conference and are gonna get washed by the teams mentioned above.

they are no elite teams in the NFL, so right now its just a race to the SB. In the AFC? Houston looks like the leader, the NFC? 9ers.

so now all the off the sudden people are noticing Houston, and now this comes up, that our schd is soft :rolleyes play the games, anyone can lose at any given time.

(Note to self, never criticize Texans)

Check

Their schedule has been easy so far, but why take that as a negative? I'd love the Steelers to play an easy schedule or be in a 'bad' divison. All about getting to the playoffs.

Show me all these people who said they'd get washed by all these teams.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Houston was picked as top team due to what they did last year.

so now all the off the sudden people are noticing Houston

Seriously?

(Note to self, never criticize Texans)
Check
Their schedule has been easy so far, but why take that as a negative? I'd love the Steelers to play an easy schedule or be in a 'bad' divison. All about getting to the playoffs.

:lol: :lol: its not that

i know my teams flaws :lol:

Oline

Health

Lack of legit number 2 WR

anyone would take an easy schd :lol: hell cowboys thought they had one last week and look what happened :pimp:

Show me all these people who said they'd get washed by all these teams.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously?

i meant in the fact that people are noticing Houston is 2-0, and have a legit shot at making a Run to the SB.

Yeah, it took those wins over the Jags and Dolphins to really get people to believe in the Texans.
Last year aside, people were still hesitant. Got you.

Chargers hosting the Falcons...Good game to see who's legit or not...Pagano's got that defense playing well the first 2 games & Rivers is playing pretty well despite having a lot of new targets...Ratbirds will be hosting the Pats, interesting to see which team rebounds...

Chargers hosting the Falcons...Good game to see who's legit or not...Pagano's got that defense playing well the first 2 games & Rivers is playing pretty well despite having a lot of new targets...Ratbirds will be hosting the Pats, interesting to see which team rebounds...
So is Mike Nolan. Rivers should get a boost from Matthews and Gates. Phil vs. Matty Ice, another excellent QB match-up. I'm hoping Chargers, I've always liked and supported Rivers.

So is Mike Nolan. Rivers should get a boost from Matthews and Gates. Phil vs. Matty Ice, another excellent QB match-up. I'm hoping Chargers, I've always liked and supported Rivers.

Yeah Nolan's squad is playing well so far. Dirty Bird's D looks almost as strong as the 9ers. Wow, Bucs @ Dallas & Pack @ Seattle look like intriguing games too.

Yeah Nolan's squad is playing well so far. Dirty Bird's D looks almost as strong as the 9ers. Wow, Bucs @ Dallas & Pack @ Seattle look like intriguing games too.
Thank goodness I have off this Sunday from work. Will be laying on the couch and watching football all day to recover from a friend's birthday celebration the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom