NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes will defend Revis no matter what. :lol:

It's really nothing to defend though. The team is a mess. You expect him to shine on one of the worst teams in the league? It's not like he's on a good team and he's the weak link.

Joe haden doesn't need that excuse

and he didn't just get torched by jordy?

yall hold corners on this pedestal with an unrealistic standard to maintain. EVERY corner gets their beating one day. it happens. all those corners are good. just keep it moving before we have another stupid argument about it, and have 3+ pages of sherman slurping

:lol: your response had nothing to do with anything. I suggest you keep it moving and not responding to my comments than, considering i didn't even mention Sherman

Revis is nowhere near 100%. In all honesty I think a big part of him playing zone a bunch is because they're scared he'd get hurt again playing man all game right now. He doesn't have his explosiveness at the moment. Dude isn't moving as smoothly out there. Because he's so great of a player mentally he's been able to still play well out there using his physicality against his opponents...but he's definitely not the Revis Island that we know yet. He should continue to get back to being himself as the season progresses.

Revis and Sherman play eachothers teams this week by the way.

Last edited:

It's really nothing to defend though. The team is a mess. You expect him to shine on one of the worst teams in the league? It's not like he's on a good team and he's the weak link.

Joe is my dude but he's not shutting down every WR that he lines up against either.

So why did you use Revis being on a bad team as an excuse?

Lets just make the list and get it over with.

1. Revis
2. Sherman
3. Peterson
4. Talib
5. Hayden

honorable mention

Grimes & Verner.

Last edited:

Joe is my dude but he's not shutting down every WR that he lines up against either.

Cuz it's a fact. What was the point in bringing up Joe Haden?

Did Talib jump to #1 cause of what he did to Jimmy or something?

That reminds me.

Last edited:

Cuz it's a fact. What was the point in bringing up Joe Haden?

because haden is on a bum team too and he doesn't need that excuse.
Revis was the best before he got hurt. Sherman was the best last year, and Talib is the best this year. It is what it is.
Some of yall acting like i said Revis was a bum.

Talib got the jump for NO and ATL IMO. Plus the fact that NE defense was straight garbage until Talib walked through those doors. If Talib went down that defense wouldn't be nearly as good. If Sherman, or Revis went down their defense wouldn't take a huge fall

NFL may consider negating touchdowns for taunting penalties

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 30, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT

Getty Images
When Seahawks receiver Golden Tate began waving at Rams safety Rodney McLeod at the 25-yard line on Tate’s way to an 80-yard touchdown, the official threw the flag before Tate had even crossed the goal line. But even though Tate committed a penalty before he scored, the touchdown still counted.

Next season, a player who does the same thing may negate his own touchdown.

NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino said on NFL Network that he thinks the Competition Committee will explore changing the NFL’s taunting rules to make them more similar to the taunting rules in the NCAA. In college football, if a player commits a taunting penalty on a touchdown, the touchdown is called back and the 15-yard penalty is enforced from the spot where the taunting began.

“A lot of people felt that the touchdown shouldn’t have counted [but] a taunting foul is always treated as a dead-ball foul, meaning whatever happened during the play counts, and the foul is enforced on the next play, which would be the kickoff,” Blandino said. “In college, this action would take back the touchdown. Tate started taunting at the 25-yard line. The college rule, that’s enforced at the spot of the foul, so they’d go from a touchdown to first-and-10 at the 40, which would be a gigantic penalty. The NFL rule, it’s a dead-ball foul, it’s enforced on the kickoff. But I’m sure that’s something that the Competition Committee will look at in the offseason.”

Taking away a touchdown for taunting seems awfully harsh. Then again, there’s a simple way to avoid that happening: Don’t taunt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...r-negating-touchdowns-for-taunting-penalties/

Wonder how long this has been talked about?

Young Packers fan has worn Aaron Rodgers jersey for more than 1,000 days in a row

Dave Pehl mentioned to his son David, after David got an Aaron Rodgers jersey for Christmas, that a young boy had set a record by wearing a Brett Favre jersey for almost 1,600 straight days.

He might regret that now.

David Pehl, who is in sixth grade, started his own streak with his Rodgers jersey. And when WKBT in Wisconsin told the story this week, he was up to 1,034 consecutive days wearing the same jersey (h/t to Yardbarker). The story says he wants to take the streak past four years.

And it looks like what you'd expect of a jersey that has been worn and hand washed daily for almost three years straight. There's little left of the No. 12 on the front or back, and only some remnants of Rodgers' name on it.

And even worse for Dave Pehl, who planted the idea of the jersey record, he and the rest of the family are Vikings fans. So he has been getting trolled by his son for more than 1,000 days in a row.

David Pehl still has a ways to go to reach the record of David Witthoft, who took off his Favre jersey in 2008 after 1,561 straight days (I'm just going to assume that is the record, and really, if someone has beaten that I don't want to know about it anyway).

Hopefully young Pehl isn't carrying on any Ripken-esque streaks with his underwear or socks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...aaron-rodgers-jersey-more-153329719--nfl.html

:lol: @ the family being Vikings fans and trolled by son.

Last edited:
That reminds me... Golden Tate might be one of the biggest D Bags in the NFL.

I remember that Favre Jersey wearing kid.
laugh.gif
This boy gonna break the record tho.
pimp.gif

OK, He was an ATHLETE at Tallahassee Lincoln. So, he still hadn't been pinned to a natural position yet. He played some WR, some CB at FSU. When Fred Rouse was recruited there, they had no need for him as a WR. When Cromartie tore is ACL, he still entered the draft, but by that time, he was clearly a CB.

Sources: Some Jaguars Players Got Beat Up In London After Sunday's Game

Deadspin.com

We don't have any names, but we do have two stories from two different sources, probably about the same group of players. In either case, the story ends with the players losing a fight and going to the hospital. The fight involves either women and hotel security, or nine men with brass knuckles, depending on whom you ask.

Let's start with the first version, from a source in London: Two Jaguars players attempted to enter the team hotel, the Grosvenor House, with six women on Sunday. This would've been sometime after the San Francisco-Jacksonville game at Wembley Stadium, a Jags loss. Hotel security denied entry to the coterie of ladies. This led to a fight of some kind—also a Jags loss. The two players were treated at the hospital.

In the other story, three (not two) players went clubbing after the game, whereupon they were confronted by nine (nine!) guys, some of whom supposedly wore brass knuckles. This version comes from a source who knows the players but who wouldn't give us their names. There was a fight, also a Jags loss, followed by a trip to the hospital. Two of the players looked "pretty rough," according to the source—"black eyes, cuts and bruises." (This source also dismissed the coterie-of-ladies story, pointing out that NFL security would've stepped in at some point.)

It's entirely possible there were two separate fights that night in London, and two separate trips to the hospital. These are the Jags, after all. We're working off the assumption, however, that we're dealing with two game-of-telephone versions of the same incident. Anyone know anything more? Email us: [email protected].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom