NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, all of the Football Life episodes have been great, except I couldn't watch the ray lewis one. I can't stand to hear him talk. Even my 8 year old finds him extremely annoying.

I agree I turned it on saw Ray Lewis giving a speech and then turned it off. His whole little pep talk thing has gotten pretty repetitive. Although its actually quite impressive. For 16 years he has said the same exact thing over and over and over again but somehow figures out how to say it with different words. I wish I had that ability to BS my English essays.

I was joking with a buddy saying what if in the pre game breakdown a 3rd or 4th year player interrupted and said Ray do you think I could do this one? :lol: cause seriously is he even hyping ppl up anymore. They're probably saying here it comes again. "DO YOU FEEL THAT IN YOUR CHEST? THAT'S YOUR HEART BEATING" and so on and so on.

you dudes have to be lacking a pulse... i will agree some of its repeative but saying his speeaches arent good :lol:

WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!!!

My son, who could speak very well from a very early age asked me at 5 years old why that man (ray) speaks like that. :lol: He asked me if something was wrong with him. :lol:. He then proceeded to do an impersonation of him that had my wife & I crying...I just couldn't bear the thought of watching a whole hour of him...

cuz Ray Ray stay turnt up thats why.......

nah but i totally understand what you are saying because im picturing my 4 yr old doin the same thing & im :rofl: over here at wk

Living in the Balt Met "urea", I told my son he could be a ratbird fan but he said nah, the Steelers have more SBs plus, "that ray guy talks to much. I wish he would just be quiet, if he were at school, someone would tell him to tone it down"....:tongue:

All I know is they better beat the pants off the Browns tonight, I'm talking scoring 40+ points...

Cam is the real deal, its gonna take time for dude to come into his own. I think many predicted he would regress, or have that sophmore slump. He will get it together, don't y'all worry. But on that note, my qb Joe Flacco, that dude is coming into his own. This is the year that he gets included in that elite discussion.

Whacko Flacco hasn't done anything. He's just a better alex smith.

Matt Ryan though.

Cam is the real deal, its gonna take time for dude to come into his own. I think many predicted he would regress, or have that sophmore slump. He will get it together, don't y'all worry. But on that note, my qb Joe Flacco, that dude is coming into his own. This is the year that he gets included in that elite discussion.

Whacko Flacco hasn't done anything. He's just a better alex smith.

Matt Ryan though.

What!?! I'm a ratbird hater, so much so I've never typed their actual name ever on NT, but Flacco is & has always been a solid upper echelon QB. He only struggles when his o-line doesn't provide adequate protection. For christ sakes, homey has almost 1000 yards passing in 3 games...Not sure what you're seeing...

Ravens 27 Browns 10. Two for Ray, one for Torrey. Would like to see Trent get one, but I think Weeden gets a garbage TD to Little.

I've got New England running up the score against Buffalo this weekend.

My main upset call will be SD losing at Arrowhead to KC.

What!?! I'm a ratbird hater, so much so I've never typed their actual name ever on NT, but Flacco is & has always been a solid upper echelon QB. He only struggles when his o-line doesn't provide adequate protection. For christ sakes, homey has almost 1000 yards passing in 3 games...Not sure what you're seeing...

He was average, but w/ Ray Rice and a solid defense, Flacco Whacko has been able to perform easier. I have yet to see that come from behind drive type of thing I see in Eli, that's all.

He was average, but w/ Ray Rice and a solid defense, Flacco Whacko has been able to perform easier. I have yet to see that come from behind drive type of thing I see in Eli, that's all.

This absolutely killed my wife & I. We were in utter shock...I think people latch onto what the national media says without ever watching guys play. It might be difficult for someone like you if you don't live in the mid-atlantic region (to see Flacco play). He's for real & no where near the same level of Alex Smith (not that Smith is all that bad).

*ugggggh....Can't believe I'm defending a frickin ratbird...But I'm a pretty objective fan of the NFL...

Last edited:
This absolutely killed my wife & I. We were in utter shock...I think people latch onto what the national media says without ever watching guys play. It might be difficult for someone like you if you don't live in the mid-atlantic region (to see Flacco play). He's for real & no where near the same level of Alex Smith (not that Smith is all that bad).

*ugggggh....Can't believe I'm defending a frickin ratbird...But I'm a pretty objective fan of the NFL...

I mean, their offenses are diff't, but I wouldn't put Flacco up there just yet. I just don't see his individual stamp on the team, and on the game. When you think about the Birds, you think about Ray Rice, and R. Lewis. You know it! Flacco is soft like Smith, that's what I meant.

Alex Smith doesn't have the passing capabilities, or has the ability to orchestrate no huddles.

If Lee Evans catches that pass Flacco woulda been in the SB last year. He was great in the AFC championship game. He's gotten better every year, he's doing pretty good to me.

Last edited:
How is Smith "soft"?

He hides behind the defense just like Flacco.

Both Smith and Flacco hide behind their defenses. They aren't able to put on their own good showing. If there was ever a time where the offense had to be the one to carry the team, I don't think either of them could do it on a CONSISTANT BASIS, not one or 2 games that's overly hyped & replayed on ESPN.

Smith and Flacco only run IF THEY HAVE TOO. They won't do a TOM BRADY 4th & 1 QB sneak, or take it in himself.

Yeah a guy who just now got permission to run the no huddle is better than Ryan....like that defense didn't carry flacco :lol:

Flacco's version of no huddle is to just look at Ray Rice on every single play. LOLZ. Hand off, or screen throw, or short pass, and then look for Boldin, Smith, and all these other guys. LOLZ

If Lee Evans catches that pass Flacco woulda been in the SB last year. He was great in the AFC championship game. He's gotten better every year, he's doing pretty good to me.

And the game before that he was terrible. He was great against a meh pats defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom