NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahhhh

Last edited:
D-Jax getting moved was in the rumor mill way before the "gang affiliation" garbage came out today, it's just something the Philly PR group put out there to help the poor Eagles fan base cope.
Salary cap? Don't worry about our paper, we got oil money, Jerry might F around and buy your run down city to use as a toilet tomorrow.

Wait you actually live in Dallas?

there's no way to compare this or contrast this with riley cooper the scandal so not sure why people have brought that up. do i feel cooper should've suffered harsher consequences? yes, but it has nothing to do with other cases of impropriety, especially this one.

it it's wrong for the eagles (or whoever did it) to spoil djax's name like that. you're basically stigmatizing a guy who's never had any run ins with the law. just cause he knows people who are affiliated? we all know "bad" people. some of us are even related to them. does that mean we all should be subject to losing our jobs strictly on association? pretty dirty. seems they were looking for several excuses to get rid of him and this seemed like the one that would stick the most since it's so tabloid

Is there a return period on contracts?

I want to exchange Golden Tate for Desean it's under 30 days.

Last edited:
Raiders have the money to pay DeSean up front. They've been doing it all offseason.

:lol: That's the perfect spot.

Will you still be laughing when they starting winning?

Prolly not :wink:

Why are you so damn sensitive son? :lol:

I don't care if the Raiders start winning or not, it don't effect my team. Yall just signed my man MJD I hope yall do finally get it together.

I just asked a question :lol:

That doesn't make me sensitive at all

I think the Browns should sign Desean and draft Manziel. Im still going back and forth on Manziel but I think Gordon, Jackson, Cameron, and Tate is a group with enough playmaking ability that it would allow Manziel to thrive. Even if he needs a little time and it doesnt translate to W's right away it would be an exciting offense. Something that hasnt been said about the Browns in a very very long time.

it it's wrong for the eagles (or whoever did it) to spoil djax's name like that. you're basically stigmatizing a guy who's never had any run ins with the law. just cause he knows people who are affiliated? we all know "bad" people. some of us are even related to them. does that mean we all should be subject to losing our jobs strictly on association? pretty dirty. seems they were looking for several excuses to get rid of him and this seemed like the one that would stick the most since it's so tabloid

Completely agree...story had to be planted by the Eagles. I just don't understand why you would do that. Players get cut everyday. The fans woulda got even more pissed but so what, they'll have their butts in those seats on opening day and if you win they'll forget DJax in about 2.2 seconds.

Carolina, SF, OAK, Jets .

I doubt Carolina is in the mix. One of the reasons they let Smith go was so Cam could be the leader in the locker room. You don't let one loud mouth go then sign another.

The cowboys on the other hand...:nerd:. Even though we're in cap hell it would be vintage Jerry Jones to sign DJax, make him the highest paid wideout in the game only to watch him disappear in big games like his overpaid QB.

Last edited:
Wow. D.Ward went INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN on twitter. 
laugh.gif

Grammar mistakes were annoying though...

Completely agree...story had to be planted by the Eagles. I just don't understand why you would do that. Players get cut everyday. The fans woulda got even more pissed but so what, they'll have their butts in those seats on opening day and if you win they'll forget DJax in about 2.2 seconds.
what incentive would the eagles have to release this information?

considering they were trying to trade him, them releasing negative information about him hurts their bargaining position 

and historically this present eagles regime have chosen to deal with/keep things 'in house'

I know Desean and I can tell all you guys that he's no more involved in a gang than many other athletes that grew up in the hood.
I was blown away by this especially after all the work he's done for the Philly and LA communities.

I guess the eagles are saying its cool to be a slur spewing racist, but if you happen to know black people from the hood you grew up, it's not ok :lol:

PS. I can promise y'all he's not stressing in the least bit though

Last edited:
So Riley cooper emotionally hurting people is that bad?

Riley Cooper is a known racist, got sent to counseling, and ended up with a $25 million dollar contract.

Desean Jackson MIGHT BE a gang member, got cut, and is now being thrown under the bus by the media.

But hey, what do we know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom