NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average NFL athlete should model themselves after Carson Palmer. It was reported back when he forced Cincy to trade him that he was actually set for life, including enough to have his children live very comfortably. The report even when as far as to state that he drove [at the time] a 2005 Toyota Corolla :lol:

I feel u on that Mpire. Nd I agree 100% wit the gang thing. Theyre blowing that waaaay outta proportion.

Not calling u out.

But revis wants a new deal EVERY YEAR...and i see people applaud his business acumen for striking while the irons hot.

Desean wants one every year, he's greedy. Only about $$.

It'll break a lot of y'all hearts to find out ur fav player cared more about $$$$ than winning.

U gotta chase the paper while u can man. Cause your window to make maximum dollars is EXTREMELY NARROW in the nfl. Just how it is.

The Eagles screwed up the TO situation; that was all Joe Banner

TO deserved another deal; Desean's deal was better than any deal he is gonna get now plus TO worked his backside off to make sure he was the best player he could be.

The average NFL athlete should model themselves after Carson Palmer. It was reported back when he forced Cincy to trade him that he was actually set for life, including enough to have his children live very comfortably. The report even when as far as to state that he drove [at the time] a 2005 Toyota Corolla
laugh.gif
Carson Palmer also had a huge *** deal if Im not mistaken
laugh.gif

Mike Evans is visiting with Chip Kelly and Howie Roseman currently; been hearing Chip loves him so maybe the Eagles are gonna make a play to move up and get him because I don't see him around when they draft.

The Eagles screwed up the TO situation; that was all Joe Banner

TO deserved another deal; Desean's deal was better than any deal he is gonna get now plus TO worked his backside off to make sure he was the best player he could be.

I am a big TO fan and have been saying this for years. Yeah..he shouldn't have acted a fool but he had a point. TO carried that squad in the SB on a bad wheel. If McNabb wasn't puking his guts out and walking slowly to the line in the last 2 minutes maybe the Eagles win...and I HATE the eagles

I am a big TO fan and have been saying this for years. Yeah..he shouldn't have acted a fool but he had a point. TO carried that squad in the SB on a bad wheel. If McNabb wasn't puking his guts out and walking slowly to the line in the last 2 minutes maybe the Eagles win...and I HATE the eagles

The Eagles handled that situation the exact opposite way they should have with someone like TO; I blame them 100% and they paid for it with the 2005 season. It divided the entire team and they really never got back on track to the dominate team they were in 2004.

I feel u on that Mpire. Nd I agree 100% wit the gang thing. Theyre blowing that waaaay outta proportion.

Not calling u out.

But revis wants a new deal EVERY YEAR...and i see people applaud his business acumen for striking while the irons hot.

Desean wants one every year, he's greedy. Only about $$.

It'll break a lot of y'all hearts to find out ur fav player cared more about $$$$ than winning.

U gotta chase the paper while u can man. Cause your window to make maximum dollars is EXTREMELY NARROW in the nfl. Just how it is.

I see where you're coming from. You're right. Especially with how the NFL will discard you like a piece of basura in a heartbeat. I didn't really think about it much from that perspective, but unlike the NBA/MLB, these contracts are non-guaranteed minus the signing bonus.

I believe all that practice stuff and I believe that's why he was cut. You can't have a a high paid good player blowing off practice and the Eagles are up against the cap next year.

But this whole gang member, hes run out of money I just don't buy.

Last edited:
I see where you're coming from. You're right. Especially with how the NFL will discard you like a piece of basura in a heartbeat. I didn't really think about it much from that perspective, but unlike the NBA/MLB, these contracts are non-guaranteed minus the signing bonus.

Exactly. That's why I applaud guys like revis. He's just playing the game how it's been played for years.

Except when the tables are turned, people don't like it for some reason. It's ok for a billionaire owner to be selfish, but not the millionaire player.

But this whole gang member, hes run out of money I just don't buy.

Me either. Not one bit.

the only things that speak volumes to me are:

none of his former eagles teammates have came out and defended him and/or trashed the team for the move.. and andy reid and the chiefs not going after him

literally this is all i've seen to date from eagles players on this:

Jason Kelce  ‏@Jkelce   Mar 28

We just made an extremely unpopular decision, but I couldn't be more excited and happy with where this organization is going!! #FlyEaglesFly

Brent Celek  ‏@BrentCelek   Mar 30

@Jeff_McLane: Day 3 of Chip Kelly Watch: Request to interview #Eagles coach met with same response from team:"We have no further comment at this time."" hint hint: quit asking lol

and then there were maclin's comments before his release:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ompares-desean-jackson-situation-to-t-o-saga/

Last edited:
I agree; I haven't seen any teammate outside Kendricks come to his defense which was a few weeks ago.

If Desean knew what Chip wanted from him them it was on him to adjust to that; Andy was much more lenient with Desean but Chip isn't Andy. It also speaks volumes that Andy has seemingly had no interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom