NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell is comfortable passing rules directed at black players but won't stand up for Native Americans. What a joke.

I definitely think we'll see the change in my lifetime. It's unacceptable to keep that and pretend that we're a post-racism society.

RG3 met w. DJax in LA....

Man, I hope this deal gets done!

FWIW

*There is shadiness on both sides of the Skins name debate, from Edwards to Halbritter.

Explain to me how someone can know what another man has in his bank account.

You talking about sources like the media hasn't been leaked possibly fraudulent information by the Eagles justify his release.

Based on your post you literally believe anything the media says.

Not sure if this contributes much, if anything, at all, but a friend of mine is good friends with Dion Lewis (played for the Eagles, and now is a Brown), who grew up in my part of NY. Dion is pretty good friends with Lesean McCoy, DJax and the Cromarties (btw, Dion Lewis came back to my town with Rodgers-Cromartie on March 8th). My friend has been around them, whether it be in strip clubs or at Djax's house and from the things he told me, DJax and Lesean seem to be loose with their funds. Apparently one night they were playing c-lo and Lesean and Djax both dropped 10k like it was nothing :lol:. He also mentioned Desean has this demeanor about him where he doesn't feel like he has to practice much because he's that nice. This falls in line with those reports of him showing up late to practice and being the first one gone.

Take it for what its worth.

Explain to me how someone can know what another man has in his bank account.

You talking about sources like the media hasn't been leaked possibly fraudulent information by the Eagles justify his release.

Based on your post you literally believe anything the media says.

Not sure if this contributes much, if anything, at all, but a friend of mine is good friends with Dion Lewis (played for the Eagles, and now is a Brown), who grew up in my part of NY. Dion is pretty good friends with Lesean McCoy, DJax and the Cromarties (btw, Dion Lewis came back to my town with Rodgers-Cromartie on March 8th). My friend has been around them, whether it be in strip clubs or at Djax's house and from the things he told me, DJax and Lesean seem to be loose with their funds. Apparently one night they were playing c-lo and Lesean and Djax both dropped 10k like it was nothing :lol:. He also mentioned Desean has this demeanor about him where he doesn't feel like he has to practice much because he's that nice. This falls in line with those reports of him showing up late to practice and being the first one gone.

That's concerning for sure, but it's something that would be an issue for me if he were older. At 27, I would take the risk and hope to be out of the contract by the time he's 30 or 31.

pretty much lines up with everything you hear about Desean

He's the type of player I would never give a big deal to because he doesn't condition and once his natural skills decline it's pretty much a career for him

Last edited:
That's concerning for sure, but it's something that would be an issue for me if he were older. At 27, I would take the risk and hope to be out of the contract by the time he's 30 or 31.

Exactly. I dont' see much harm in paying him somewhat handsomly for two years and then offering the option to extend him with mucho stipulations including an incentive laden contract based on performance (and maybe practicing :lol:).

He's still a beast and had a career year last year. Despite this, Chip has a belief in his system and the players all seem to buy in. I didn't hear too much anguish at Desean's departure from his teammates. I think the Eagles will be fine without him.

It does bother me a little bit though that KKKooper gets an extension, which is an entirely seperate discussion and is personal :lol:

Last edited:
10 grand in a hypothetical cee lo game....

10 grand in a dice game to a millionaire is NOTHING. Lol.

Isn't the world series of poker buy in like 5 grand??

Y'all reaching hard. The same as espn. Trying to assassinate deseans character.

The way I see it. All speculation, all I heard or he said she said isn't worth anything.

If u need to convince urself his downfall is imminent, to make urself feel better about him leaving so be it.

Don't sit here like y'all bringing cold hard facts to the table.

Danieal Manning cut after not restructuring his deal, so he'll either be in Oakland, Baltimore, or Philly.

losing 10 grand in a dice game is the same mentality that you will always make this kind of money; that is how athletes go broke

Apparently some Raiders' fans are waiting outside ******** HQ for Desean :lol:

Some fan posted a pic of the HQ and said "target in sight"

Edit: Apparently security and local police told them to leave

Last edited:

I'm not trying to do anything to his character :lol:

I was merely providing information in regards to the subject from someone who has been around him.

According to my friend, he does have friends who are [still] in gangs but that's kind of normal growing up in South Cal. It's not as if Desean is out there committing murders with them.

I think the media is attempting to make this situation far worse than it is, especially the "gang affliation" portion.

However, his work ethic has been in question for quite a while now.

Wasn't one of the reasons he fell in the draft was due to being a minor headcase/malcontent of some sorts?

He also seems to have issues in regards to a contract EVERY YEAR. Jeremy Maclin comparing it to T.O. isn't fair. T.O.'s situation was far different as T.O. literally helped Philly get over the hump and helped their offense explode whereas Desean gripes about a new deal after every season regardless of his #s.

From what ive seen (his espn special and in games) Djax is in tip top shape. I've never heard of hammy issues or anything related to poor conditioning.

Word up.

I'm lost. How the F does NO have money for DeSean? I don't know how SF has the money either, they have mad players to pay.

SF I could see possibly if they wait to extend Kaepernick and maybe except losing some guys they want to keep down the line.

NO I don't get at all. Thought they were broke before the huge Byrd deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom