NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
they need to change that out of bounds rule. that could be a momentum swing for either team.

not that cam is overrated but i kind of saw this coming, it only takes a couple hours of video(s) at most, for defenses to adjust completely. we will see if an adjustment for the offense is made.

Cam will be fine. Teams are doing a great job of trying to keep him in the pocket or make him roll left where it's not easy for him to set & throw. What the Panthers need to do is get him some receivers....It also doesn't help that his 2 RBs are ghost this season despite getting nice contracts, but some of that is tied to the o-line not performing well...

Pierre Gracon has torn tendon in his foot...

Last edited:
I think I see where the rule makes sense. Usually by the time the QB is out of the pocket the WR has created some kind of separation. It's not easy for a DB to stick to a WR like glue for 10+ seconds. By the time the WR is done with their route and see the QB is out of the pocket they're looking to go to the open spot. It's not as easy to make contact as you think if you're the DB. The WR knows where he's going to go, the DB doesn't.

Robert Griffin III leaves his mark in New Jersey. I always judge the mark of an incredible play in an NFL game by the reaction it gets in the NBC viewing room on the fifth floor of our Rockefeller Center building in Manhattan. And when Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III had a 4th-and-10 with 2:07 left at the Meadowlands, his team down 20-16 to the Giants, this is the sound I recall hearing from the likes of Rodney Harrison, Tony Dungy, Dan Patrick, Mike Florio and a score of other football wackos in the room as Griffin took the snap, looked for a receiver, found them covered, then rolled left, Giants chasing him -- "Getridofit! ... Noooooo! .... Whoaa!!! ... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!''

Sounded louder than "Born To Run" at a Springsteen concert. Somehow, some way, as the law was closing in, Griffin, stumbling forward, threw a low 19-yard strike to tight end Logan Paulsen. "Even though you don't know what's going to happen, you have some kind of feeling that something good is going to happen,'' RGIII said. "That's the way I try to play. No matter what's called I always feel like it's going to work. If it doesn't work, we will make it work some way or another.''

Watching this game, I kept thinking how glad I was that Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen paid whatever it is they paid to deal for Griffin. And whatever it is, it'll be worth it. He's one of the great, special players to come into the league in the 29 seasons I've covered it. No play's ever over. Though he's running for his well-being on 10 or 12 plays a game, he still leads the NFL after seven games of his rookie year with a 70.4 percent completion rate. Once he gets the kind of protection Shanahan and Allen will build for him, he'll be better, and the ******** will be competing for championships. That's right -- plural.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...0/21/week-7/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_wr_a2

That's some serious praise right there...

There are going to be ups and downs and growing pains with this team....however, there's no reason not to be excited about the future for the ********.

JJ Watt for DPOY. Unless i'm blatantly missing something, i'd say he has the biggest defensive impact.

so if the Jets finish 8-8 / 9-7 does Their GM stay? cause dude is terrible, Rex is doing the best he can but lord his personal is >D

so if the Jets finish 8-8 / 9-7 does Their GM stay? cause dude is terrible, Rex is doing the best he can but lord his personal is >D

Woody Johnson is content with the Jets name in headlines good or bad so I have a feeling Tanny will stay regardless. This troll even said a couple of weeks ago that he'd rather have Romney (the candidate he's backing) win the election than a super bowl win.

Woody Johnson is content with the Jets name in headlines good or bad so I have a feeling Tanny will stay regardless. This troll even said a couple of weeks ago that he'd rather have Romney (the candidate he's backing) win the election than a super bowl win.

:wow:

sorry jets fans :lol:

Mark Cuban can be a** sometimes but he was dead on with one thing he said. Theres owners that care about making money & theres owners who care about winning. Woody Johnson seems to be content making money...

Lions can you please friggin do something for once and beat the Bears. I cant believe I actually thought you'd make it back to the playoffs. I even praised Stafford but for whatever reason is throwing mechanics went to **** and now he cant hit the broad side of the barn. Did EA curse your whole team? DO SOMETHING TONIGHT.

Mark Cuban can be a** sometimes but he was dead on with one thing he said. Theres owners that care about making money & theres owners who care about winning. Woody Johnson seems to be content making money...

when your an owner you already have long paper, owners want to win and feel the accomplishment, Woody Johnson has it backwards.

cuban needs to own the jets

Lions don't have the corners to deal with Brandon Marshall. He should go ham tonight. Interested in seeing how Megatron deals with the Bears D. Burleson & Pettigrew better come to play & help Megatron out tonight for the Lions to have a chance. Lion D line needs to step up too.

The second drop Megatron had looked fishy. He was wide open...Mike Wallace had 2 of his 3 or 4 drops last night that looked suspect to...

Lions can you please friggin do something for once and beat the Bears. I cant believe I actually thought you'd make it back to the playoffs. I even praised Stafford but for whatever reason is throwing mechanics went to **** and now he cant hit the broad side of the barn. Did EA curse your whole team? DO SOMETHING TONIGHT.

Idk why :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom