NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980 7h

One source on DeSean Jackson tells @ESPNRadio980 it is "pretty much done." Hearing from some1 w/knowledge "deal will get completed tomorrow"

@JeffSkversky DeSean Jackson has not signed a deal with the #******** yet but source tells @6abc Jackson has agreed to terms & will take physical Tuesday

cm-32243-050ac35eb184d4.gif

Jackson is 10000x better than Decker so, of course his money will probably top what he got.

I ain't even mad. This is a hell of a signing if true.

Man if we get him I'm going to be hype. :lol:

Yea we still have O line problems. But in this league you need playmakers. And Jackson is a playmaker no question about it.

Pretty ridiculous thing to say.

Not really, it is job to them. Fans romanticize winning, loyalty to a team, etc. My observations lead me to believe these are low valued variables to athletes (rightfully so)

Last edited:
Not really, it is job to them. Fans romanticize winning, loyalty to a team, etc. My observations lead me to believe these are low valued variables to athletes (rightfully so)

We did saw multiple players take less than the max offer this season. Bennett, Allen, Veldheer. So you guys are overstating this point also. It's pretty clear that a comfortable situation is important to most players as well as money.

Players can weigh the variables of familiarity and comfort differently of course (I still think winning is very small in that equation). But the romanticization by fans on these items is usually so extreme I often feel the need to go hard in the other direction to make a point. Now I don't even remember what the point originally was referring to or about :lol:

DJax on the "Diplomats" :smh: :smh: :x :x :x NO GOD PLEASE, NO! PRAYING for Oakland to just offer him stupid money so we only see him once every 3-4 yrs....c'mon Raiders! He went to Cal after all :lol:

Washington picking up our players never does work out though: McNabb, Trotter, etc. so maybe this won't either...|I

I'm not a pro athlete but I played sports my whole life

I'd rather take less but be comfortable to have a chance to win it all year after year but that's just me

DJax on the "Diplomats" :smh: :smh: :x :x :x NO GOD PLEASE, NO! PRAYING for Oakland to just offer him stupid money so we only see him once every 3-4 yrs....c'mon Raiders! He went to Cal after all :lol:

Washington picking up our players never does work out though: McNabb, Trotter, etc. so maybe this won't either...|I

McNabb was washed...Andy Reid pulled a fast one on Shanahan.

Trotter, was run stuffer and the Skins tried to turn him in to a read and react LB.

D-Jax...still in prime with a coaching staff who SHOULD know how to get the best out of him.

I'm not worried about it. He's going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

McNabb was washed...Andy Reid pulled a fast one on Shanahan.

Trotter, was run stuffer and the Skins tried to turn him in to a read and react LB.

D-Jax...still in prime with a coaching staff who SHOULD know how to get the best out of him.

I'm not worried about it. He's going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

True...I'm trying to feel better about this/in denial...til Schefter reports it I'm pulling for Oakland :lol: Literally the only other team that would make this worse for me is Dallas :x

True...I'm trying to feel better about this/in denial...til Schefter reports it I'm pulling for Oakland :lol: Literally the only other team that would make this worse for me is Dallas :x

Such a strange situation for the Eagles. If I get some time today (and assuming that he signs w/ the Skins), I'm going to try to find a Philly sport talk radio station to listen to. Callers will probably be going HAM.

I think the release was a combination of a couple of things. Chip thinking his system > player, and also there probably being SOME truth to Jackson being a bit of a headache.

If the Skins can get this signing done, they have to absolutely focus on fixing the O-line through the draft.

RGIII & D-Jax :smile:

The thought of Chip Kelly not wanting D-Jax b/c of his gang ties while he beat the pavement for and signed the Blacc Mamba @ Oregon :rofl:

Last edited:
Players can weigh the variables of familiarity and comfort differently of course (I still think winning is very small in that equation). But the romanticization by fans on these items is usually so extreme I often feel the need to go hard in the other direction to make a point. Now I don't even remember what the point originally was referring to or about
laugh.gif
Yeah clearly it depends on the player.

Veldheer left Oakland for less money because he was tired of the losing environment.

Jared Allen was in the middle—Seattle didn't offer him enough money, Oakland wasn't winning enough, he took Chicago.

MJD decided to go from the Jags to Oakland, guaranteeing he'll spend most of his career on rebuilding teams, but wanted to play in front of hometown fans.

Bennett took less to stay in Seattle.

So there are degrees, and every dude is different.

Last edited:
"Will DeSean leave DC without a contract?"

"I don't know, but there are some very talented rappers in the Bay Area"

"Yea, E-40 and Lil B"

Never watching nfl network again

DJax going to a team in same division as Eagles wow and than add teaming up with RGIII sounds good on paper already 
sick.gif

"Will DeSean leave DC without a contract?"

"I don't know, but there are some very talented rappers in the Bay Area"

"Yea, E-40 and Lil B"

Never watching nfl network again

Yea I couldn't believe she said that.

I'm only watching this **** to see if Vjax signs with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom