NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
who is your team? I don't think I remember you ever posting in here

You must of not been here when the Ravens won the superbowl. I was receiving death threats for posting ole boy sitting in the stands with the purple and white confetti falling on him :lol:

Dudes telling me I was supporting a snitch and a killer :lol:

"No one man.......... No one man"

Last edited:
Matthews 
smokin.gif

not even gonna front; I thought the Lions would take it to the Cards

it would be amazing if Arians does this with Drew Stanton

Pats have a good secondary.. And this did happen recently:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=400554381
Yeah but, they aren't consistently locking down receivers and AR would shred them up.
Eh. Pats routinely take away/minimize whatever the opposing offense is best at or their best weapon.
So how effective have the Patriots been at shutting down the opposing team's top weapon? The only wide receivers to go for more than 98.5 yards this season against the Patriots were Denver's Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas in Week 9, a 22-point Patriots victory that was 27-7 at halftime. Before that game, New England had allowed the top opposing receiver an average of 52.1 yards per game, and none over 81 receiving yards. Including last season (with inferior secondary talent), the Patriots have held the opposing team's top pass-catcher under 98.5 yards in 20 of their last 25 games. 
Bill constantly preaches to not give up the big play...almost to a fault. It's why his FS (Devin McCourty) plays conservatively most of the time.

So recent history says the more likely scenario is Eddie Lacy having himself a big day.

Playing this Packer squad in Lambeau is scary though and the Pats have been a bit weaker on the road vs. winning teams than people realize.

Week 13 game should be fun.
smokin.gif
Great test for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom