NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rod Woodson didn't play the safety position his whole career you should omit him off the top 5

Also Brian Dawkins is probably top 5 all tine

Dawkins was a beast
pimp.gif
. No love for Rodney Harrison or John Lynch? Aside from all his deplorable post retirement antics,Darren Sharper was a pretty damn good safety in his playing days.

Last edited:
Sharper, Harrison and Lynch were great players but I don't think they have the All Pro selections like the others

There's other safeties who were great who haven't been mentioned like Willie Wood, Houston and Easley who are probably rank higher than those guys

well that is my list im sure you all got your own, i think we can all agree that ed reed is number 1

Sharper, Harrison and Lynch were great players but I don't think they have the All Pro selections like the others

There's other safeties who were great who haven't been mentioned like Willie Wood, Houston and Easley who are probably rank higher than those guys
Lynch and Harrison both have 4 All-Pro selections and Sharper had 6 to go along with multiple pro bowls but I guess you mean they don't match up as well statistically? I'd probably give the edge historically to a lot of those guys you mentioned for putting up crazy numbers before all the rule changes to favor offense.
well that is my list im sure you all got your own, i think we can all agree that ed reed is number 1
Fair enough. He's top 5 for sure for me,maybe even top 3 but I'd probably give that title to Lott.

Last edited:
Rod Woodson didn't play the safety position his whole career you should omit him off the top 5

Also Brian Dawkins is probably top 5 all tine

Yeah you need Rod at the CB position for all time lists

I have Reed top three but not #1. Troy even with injuries up there but unfortunate he missed those games, absolute game changer when healthy

Rod Woodson never gets the credit he is due.. Dude is probably a top 5 corner AND safety.. Hell most people don't even remember he was the main DB on the '02 Ravens team (I really think the average joe blow just assumes Ed reed was on the team)

Deion had the flash.. But if you wanted a guy to do it all, run support etc., you wanted Rod (he had his fair share of returns too).. In today's league where you have to be versatile enough to cover everyone and come up in run support, I'd take Rod (just as I would take Marshall as my RB)

Ronnie Lott is the greatest safety though.. And not mentioning bdawk :smh:

Last edited:
lets just go with top 5 DBs all time, some of yall gonna get butt hurt but here it goes...

1. ed reed
2. rod woodson
3. deion
4. lott
5. sir charles woodson

Ed Reed almost guaranteed you a TD every time he caught an interception

I'm 24 years old and he's the best Safety I've ever witnessed hands down

lets just go with top 5 DBs all time, some of yall gonna get butt hurt but here it goes...

1. ed reed
2. rod woodson
3. deion
4. lott
5. sir charles woodson

Mel Blount disagrees if we are including all DB positions

Last edited:
The inflated stats era? That is true I guess. I still think all time greats played prior to those guys listed

Last edited:
When you set the record for interceptions in a season and that stands for 60+ years... You deserve to be top 5.

Oh and dude did that as a rookie.

nah thats just my list, thats who i would take if i had to start a team and i could pick any db i would take those 5 first... has nothing to do with playing before i was born. but its time for notre dame to push usc **** in so im out... **** usc!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom