NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Bortles suck that bad or are the Jaguars that bad?

How do the Jaguars continue to bad?

I don't think they have dysfunctional organization like the Raiders or Skins

Yeah they don't have the dysfunction, just continous busts at QB. Too early to say Bortles is a bust but early returns looks like it's headed that way.

15 INT, 5 Fumbles, just 8 tds and a QB rating of 21.8. Only 6 QBs have had a QBR under 25 last 10 yrs and all were big busts.

They're just making horrible decisions so I guess the front office is really to blame.

They spent the 5pick on Blackmon, a WR that was suspended for the season for drugs and has had off field issues.

Have actually had a top 10 pick last 7 seasons. 5 are certified busts (if you include Blackmon) while Jury is still out on the last 2, OL joeckel, who struggled in his rookie year, and Bortles.

Woof

There's no doubt in my mind Sean Taylor was on his way toward this list before that tragedy

ST and Jerome brown.. Could have both easily been the best at their positions, gone way to soon.. And both of the U

For those who don't know, Jerome brown was the best player on those 80s UM defenses and on the 91 eagles defense (that was debatably the best defense of all time).. Dude was better than reggie white, who is debatably a top 5 defensive player ever

2 time all pro before his death in '92

Last edited:
ST and Jerome brown.. Could have both easily been the best at their positions, gone way to soon..

Here we go again with this **** :smh:

Yeah, ST had a good start to his career and it's a shame it was cut short.

But how can you project his career of what 3-4 seasons.

Y'all some disrespectful MF.

Ronnie Lott disapproves

Yeah they don't have the dysfunction, just continous busts at QB. Too early to say Bortles is a bust but early returns looks like it's headed that way.

15 INT, 5 Fumbles, just 8 tds and a QB rating of 21.8. Only 6 QBs have had a QBR under 25 last 10 yrs and all were big busts.

They're just making horrible decisions so I guess the front office is really to blame.

They spent the 5pick on Blackmon, a WR that was suspended for the season for drugs and has had off field issues.

Have actually had a top 10 pick last 7 seasons. 5 are certified busts (if you include Blackmon) while Jury is still out on the last 2, OL joeckel, who struggled in his rookie year, and Bortles.

Woof

Yeah the situation makes sense now

Jerome Brown was not better than Reggie White

Reggie White was the All Time Greatest NFL defensive lineman

Last edited:
Every game is must win for the AFCN. Hopefully the Saints don't go old school and have a dominant offense. I worry about Brees' and his ability to pick apart the defense with short routes

I was just thinking about linemen who can be compared to Reggie White and im stuck at Deacon Jones.

Jerome Brown swiftly crossed my mind but he isn't in that realm.

So the Colts were interested in Ray but decided not to? They have Irsay still and he's much worse than Ray. Have fun with Trent back there.

I think he is low risk, high reward for anytime that needs a RB for the rest of the year

Colts need to move on him; I don't get why they don't

Does not signing him make Irsay look any better? I don't think so

Ronnie Lott disapproves

I pretty much agree but sorry he is overrated Taylor had one really good season before the tragedy.

ST and Jerome brown.. Could have both easily been the best at their positions, gone way to soon.. And both of the U

For those who don't know, Jerome brown was the best player on those 80s UM defenses and on the 91 eagles defense (that was debatably the best defense of all time).. Dude was better than reggie white, who is debatably a top 5 defensive player ever

2 time all pro before his death in '92

I still remember driving in the car with my dad when they broke the news about his passing on 610 WIP

it's crazy how I still remember exactly where I was in the car at which intersection; etc.

Last edited:
Just can't get over the 'easily be the best' statement. Absurd to throw that out there like that IMO

Just can't get over the 'easily be the best' statement. Absurd to throw that out there like that IMO

Same thing goes with "when its all said in done" player A will be GOAT. :smh:

Current players should not be ranked with retired greats ever!

Its extremely disrepectful, and foolish.

Same thing goes with "when its all said in done" player A will be GOAT. :smh:

Current players should not be ranked with retired greats ever!

Its extremely disrepectful, and foolish.

I beg to differ depending on how into their career they are

I mean saying Brady is the GOAT is not disrespecting Montana, Elway, etc.

ST and Jerome brown.. Could have both easily been the best at their positions, gone way to soon..

Ronnie Lott disapproves

There is a reason why people say this about Sean Taylor. He was a good player from the moment he stepped foot in the league. However, the year he got killed mid-season, you could have made an argument that he was the best FS in the NFL. It seemed like that was the year, at 24 years old, where he finally put everything together.

In comparison, no disrespect...but look at Slim (RIP). He was a great talent, but NO ONE puts him in the same type of discussions that are reserved for someone like Sean Taylor.

You can look no further than comments from coaches, his teammates, and other guys around the league. They all knew. This is why no one bats an eye when he's mentioned as someone who could have been one of, if not the best safety to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom