NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATHETIC.

I know I'm a Dolphins fan but if the Pats win the championships, it's not going to feel right :smh:

1. They didn't do it because they thought it'd have no effect on the outcome. Athletes don't use steroids because they aren't naturally gifted.

2. What else have they done and gotten away with?

so now were going to play the hypothetical game ? what about the seahawks and the violations them and pete carroll have been accused of over the years . what are THEY doing that we dont know about ?

it can go on and on and on

Are you ******* kidding me? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

1. They didn't do it because they thought it'd have no effect on the outcome. Athletes don't use steroids because they aren't naturally gifted.

2. What else have they done and gotten away with?
so now were going to play the hypothetical game ? what about the seahawks and the violations them and pete carroll have been accused of over the years . what are THEY doing that we dont know about ?

it can go on and on and on
Cool.

They (the seahawks) got caught. Players were fined and suspended.

The Pats got caught (again.) Appropriate punishments will be levied.

Don't try to downplay it as not cheating now because it's your favorite team.

It was cheating then and it's cheating now.

Last edited:
Quote:

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/BAL/baltimore-ravens[/URL]"]

Some of the Baltimore Ravens believe kicking balls used in their playoff game at New England were slightly under-inflated, according to league sources.

With the Patriots under investigation for possibly under-inflating balls in their playoff win against the Colts, sources said some on Baltimore's sideline believed there may have been irregularities with the kicking balls used in their AFC divisional playoff game at Foxborough, Mass., on Jan. 10.

Baltimore's kicking and punting units were not getting their normal depth and distance, and some believed the balls they were using may have been deflated.

An NFL spokesman said he had no knowledge of the Ravens filing a complaint.

Are you ******* kidding me? :lol:  
[/quote]

of course the ravens will join in and cry...

Bellichick isn't the one that comes up with all this borderline illegal **** the Patriots do.

It's Ernie Adams. Y'all need to do your research. Jets fans know all about that **** boy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Adams_(American_football)
On the real though, this dude's sole job is to research ways to tip toe on the rules and gain competitive advantages. It's what he does all day. Weird formations, deflating balls after they're checked, left footed punters, launching off backs etc.

All technically legal but shady stuff.

Cool.

did i ever say it wasnt cheating ? i spoke very deliberately

1. this did NOT affect the outcome of the game . it was a 45 - 7 blowout , with the patriots playing better AFTER the under inflated balls were taken out of the game
2. people suggesting that the Patriots get banned from the super bowl bc of it are grossly overreacting , do you agree or disagree ?

Cool.

did i ever say it wasnt cheating ? i spoke very deliberately

1. this did NOT affect the outcome of the game . it was a 45 - 7 blowout , with the patriots playing better AFTER the under inflated balls were taken out of the game
2. people suggesting that the Patriots get banned from the super bowl bc of it are grossly overreacting , do you agree or disagree ?
And the point is they ONLY did it because they were trying to gain an unfair advantage. It doesn't matter if it ended up not being the difference in the game. It was still cheating. I don't think they should be banned from the SB over it, but stop trying to downplay it like if you were a fan of any other team you wouldn't think it was ****** up. especially since it's the same team that keeps getting caught for it. I understand Colts and Ravens fans feeling some type of way about it.

And who's to say what kind of field position NE would have been working with with slippery normal balls? It could have completely changed the playcalling in the game and effectiveness of the offense. Who knows?

The point is they cheated. They deserve the scorn.

Last edited:
And who's to say what kind of field position NE would have been working with with slippery normal balls? It could have completely changed the playcalling in the game and effectiveness of the offense. Who knows?

this boy's reaching more than stretch armstrong :lol: :lol:

if they get accused of altering the balls then absolutely they deserve to be penalized . i just think its funny how worked up people -- including you -- are getting over it

this boy's reaching more than stretch armstrong
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

if they get accused of altering the balls then absolutely they deserve to be penalized . i just think its funny how worked up people -- including you -- are getting over it
I'm reaching?? The score was 17-7 at half time. Brady went on to throw for 200+ and 3 TDs in a monsoon.

But you right. Better grip and easier passing definitely wasnt a motivator behind them deflating the balls, and definitely had nothing to do with the passing efficiency they had.

Last edited:
I'm reaching?? The score was 17-7 at half time. Brady went on to throw for 200+ and 3 TDs in a monsoon.

But you right. Better grip and easier passing definitely wasnt a motivator behind them deflating the balls, and definitely had nothing to do with the passing efficiency they had.

the under - inflated balls were replaced at the start of the 2nd half . the patriots then went on to outscore the colts 28 - 0

rodgers admitted he pushes the limits and tries to over inflate balls . you calling him and mccarthy cheaters ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom