NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't the Patriots deflate the balls at Kansas City? :lol:

Useless regular season game, you save the bush league tactics for the playoffs/Superbowl.

Just add another * to Belicheat n shady brady record. Just hope the hawks do their thing.

The whole 'Colts lost by a lot so it doesn't matter' argument is a bit simplistic. Just because the Colts would have been rolled up doesn't mean blatant cheating is now 'ok'

That said I like that BB pushes the envelope and does everything he can to get an advantage. It's a very old school mentality and I respect that. Fine the team, take a seventh round pick away, and let's move on. Only hurts them in the eye of public perception really, but that's more of an annoyance to the fans, Pats and BB could not care less :lol:

Last edited:
Give the Pats the max punishment.

This is your chance Goodell to show cheating won't be tolerated in your league.

nothing's gonna happen but **** the Patriots

My guess nothing will come of this, but I don't want to hear Goodell speak about the integrity of the game.

The whole 'Colts lost by a lot so it doesn't matter' argument is a bit simplistic. Just because the Colts would have been rolled up doesn't mean blatant cheating is now 'ok'

That said I like that BB pushes the envelope and does everything he can to get an advantage. It's a very old school mentality and I respect that. Fine the team, take a seventh round pick away, and let's move on. Only hurts them in the eye of public perception really, but that's more of an annoyance to the fans, Pats and BB could not care less :lol:

I agree with this. BB will always me one of my favorite coaches. He'll do whatever it takes to win and push it. We all know NE is winning the game no matter what but you'll always take this into consideration and wonder what else are they doing or have they done.

@Elpablo21

Here's your avy for the next 2 weeks.
Short and sweet, nothing crazy.

QXTGFbTl0wLSkPLXeW2q3kb07-qgXimGZbPfftb6CshhQSexCsi9flXu0OhIzFTp2wjz=w300

Enjoy :smile:

so let me get this straight

at the beginning of the game the Patriots had footballs deflated right at the border of the legal limit? correct

According to Panthers kicker Gano footballs lose some inflation in cold weather games

so if the Patriots already had the footballs deflated within the legal limit dont you think the cold weather added some pressure and thats when the inflation dropped below the legal limit?

what was the score at half? 17-7 with the illegal footballs

the refs switched the footballs to legal footballs at half time correct?

the Patriots went 28-0

yeah people just looking for a story

colts would have got beat either way
Gano, and people who actually know have gone on the record and clarified that cold weather wouldn't cause a football to lose 2lbs of pressure. They weren't on the legal limit. They were actually deflated.

Also, where is all this "the deflated balls were swapped out at halftime" talk coming from? I guess I missed it and the NFL said that?

Because during the game we watched them stop play and take one of the balls to check in the 3rd quarter... What's making everyone say they were all good by halftime? Or are people just hoping/guessing so they can say this is a total nonissue?

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/01/video-refs-remove-ball-from-play-for-deflategate/

Last edited:
Gano, and people who actually know have gone on the record and clarified that cold weather wouldn't cause a football to lose 2lbs of pressure. They weren't on the legal limit. They were actually deflated.

of coarse cold weather alone wouldn't cause a football to lose 2lbs of pressure

it was stated that the legal limit for an NFL football is between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch with an over all weight between 14 and 15 ounces. Prior to kick off refs check the footballs and it was stated that the Patriots footballs was deflated but WITHIN the legal limit. Teams are know to inflate or deflate pending on QB, WR, and Kicker preference. As someone said earlier Aaron Rodgers inflates his footballs .

add the cold weather into play and the footballs can easily drop below the legal limit if they was already deflated a little prior when the refs checked them

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12201771

Last edited:

of coarse cold weather alone wouldn't cause a football to lose 2lbs of pressure

it was stated that the legal limit for an NFL football is between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch with an over all weight between 14 and 15 ounces. Prior to kick off refs check the footballs and it was stated that the Patriots footballs was deflated but WITHIN the legal limit. Teams are know to inflate or deflate pending on QB, WR, and Kicker preference.

add the cold weather into play and the footballs can easily drop below the legal limit if they was already deflated a little prior when the refs checked them
So what are you saying? You don't think New England did it intentionally?

I don't even think it gave the Pats a huge advantage, but how many times do they have to get caught cheating before you stop slapping them on the wrist? If Goodell can **** on the Saints because of so-called bounties that don't give anybody a clear advantage on the field, he better do something about this.

So what are you saying? You don't think New England did it intentionally?

im saying lets not be so quick to say Pats are cheating

if it comes out with hard evidence that they are.......

punish them

but I would also like clear information to be put out instead of all these headlines n people just trying to create buzz

watch the super bowl media day be surrounded by this dumb mess like the Ray Lewis taking steroids story

Ravens won the Super Bowl and we havent heard about that story since

:smh:

^ 11 of the 12 balls they submitted for use in the game were "suspiciously deflated." What more hard evidence do you need?
laugh.gif

Jets fans on the Internet going harder than the Colts :lol:

It's clearly illegal and we'll get punished, what makes me mad tho is the storylines blow up and in a way end up discrediting the hard work these dudes put in every week.

Like with Spygate, Bill Cowher and a number of others came out and said a ton of teams were doing the same thing but dudes will look right over that and act like they won games solely because of it.

Jets fans on the Internet going harder than the Colts :lol:

It's clearly illegal and we'll get punished, what makes me mad tho is the storylines blow up and in a way end up discrediting the hard work these dudes put in every week.

Like with Spygate, Bill Cowher and a number of others came out and said a ton of teams were doing the same thing but dudes will look right over that and act like they won games solely because of it.

Yeah, this is what I'm saying. The team is still a great team and would have won but it brings the heat on them and makes you wonder what else they do. BB* TB* NE*

what makes me mad tho is the storylines blow up and in a way end up discrediting the hard work these dudes put in every week.

BINGO

The people arguing spygate didn't have a direct impact on wins is even funnier than this. THIS may be people seizing any opportunity they can to take shots at Bellichick and the Pats but to argue spygate didn't directly lead to wins??

They went into games knowing the other teams' formations, plays, and audibles. They should have lost draft picks if they were doing it and NOT winning.

Yo real talk, you Pats fans need to chill
laugh.gif
Two days ago everyone was dismissing this as nonsense. Now that we know they actually did it, "it's not a big deal," "it had no effect on the outcome of the game," "we need more hard evidence," and "cold air deflates balls."

Now people are trying to say spy gate was a non-issue??

Come on man. It's funny how hard people are going on the Pats, I admit, but some of the pleas being copped in here
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom