NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Outrage" though...word? What do you call Mark Brunell's grown *** having real tears on TV and all the holier-than-thou hot take **** we've seen/heard on this? :lol: :rolleyes If it was just jokes over this silly **** I don't think you'd hear a peep because most of us laugh at the meme stuff, but _'s are barely even covering the game since last week. We've BEEN trying to get past this national crisis. >D

I mean, it's just what you said. Silly. I don't care about the situation either way, and yea folks are overreacting. I just don't know why some of you are acting like this type of reaction wasn't going to happen. Nobody like the Pats except for their fans and the media lives for **** like this.

Meanwhile, HeadSmart Labs in Pittsburgh conducted a study that indicated the pressure in the footballs used in the AFC Championship Game could have dropped 1.95 PSI from weather and field conditions alone.

HeadSmart said it tested 12 new footballs that were inflated to 12.5 PSI in a 75 degree room to imitate the indoor conditions where the referees would have tested the footballs 2 hours
and 15 minutes before kickoff. The footballs were then moved to a 50-degree environment
to simulate the temperatures that were experienced throughout the game and were dampened to replicate the rainy conditions.

“Out of the 12 footballs we tested, we found that on average, footballs dropped 1.8 PSI when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions,” the lab's report states.

im done . this is the last thing i will post about deflate gate . its so clear this is a witch hunt and people who are adamantly claiming the patriots are cheating and liars at this point have alterior motives . why are all these scientists coming out saying that studies show that the PSI would have dropped ? can anyone point me to an article or a scientist saying that the PSI wouldnt have dropped ? again -- i posted a few pages ago the equation for air pressure . it is literally impossible for those balls to not have dipped in PSI based on testing them inside and them moving them outside based on the conditions for the game

B8OyHr6CYAAXAXY.jpg

B8OxiDYCIAAI4cG.jpg

You & I are biased on this issue. So are many others. That's pretty clear.

I'll say it again though, why is it that the loudest NT'ers on this subject who go hard and refute any reasonable explanations or counter-points are the same ones that had past beefs or agendas involving the Patriots? Let's call a spade a spade, man.

Look around you. A great majority of _'s in here who don't have a horse in the race and are TRUE neutral observers think this an overhyped, non-story, non-big deal, silly *** distraction that isn't worth any of this attention and does not matter because it has no real affect on the game. Does that not count for something?

Here's what I said from the start: my personal opinion is that Tom Brady lied in his presser and Bill *could* have told the truth. But regardless of intent, it's more than likely nothing out of the ordinary and not just exclusive to them. Why? Because the footballs are being doctored and tailored to Brady's preference for comfort.

It's inconclusive at BEST in regards to whether it even provides any real/significant advantage, and I listed examples of (unbiased) scientific segments backing up that claim.

It's an open secret around the league and in different levels of the sport that some QB's have their footballs doctored a certain way to their liking. I gave you different (unbiased) legitimate examples, including a painfully obvious one that you, I, and the entire country watching the same game A. mostly ignored B. didn't deem it important at the time. That same blatant example just so happens to have that QB liking his footballs doctored out of spec and hoping officials don't notice and "fix it".

It's gamesmanship.

Difference between any previous similar situations vs. this #deflategate nonsense is the boogeyman Patriots are involved and that always raises certain people's ***** right out of their pants.

That's what it is from my end. I think I've been reasonable.

You've given us an out-of-context Bill Nye quote and emotional conjecture from current members of the football media. AND you essentially admitted that this is your own way to cape for Peyton Manning, who has NOTHING to do w/ any of this...unless you want to include the little known fact that he AND Tom both went to the NFL in 2006 and pushed to let teams control their own footballs.

>D  

Your words are cowardly. Ill deal w ur nonsensical drivel later

Beckham is way cooler than Cruz.

Cruz was cool at first. That contract and SB ring got to him. He's kind of corny to me but he's Boricua so I'll always be a fan.

Ray Lewis is KILLING me tonight. Worse than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom