NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
He drank before a drug test?
laugh.gif

He's special alright
They're not always scheduled drug tests and traces of alcohol can stay in your system for much longer than people realize.

Does anyone ever go deep on Sea? Is it effective or does that backfield shut those routes down?
I think typically QBs don't have time to let the routes fully develop against them and the coverage is so physical outside and safety help short and over the middle is so good teams can't do it continuously. They also (at least last year) tackled so well once you caught it there was barely any yac.

It's like Peyton in the superbowl. You can dink and dunk your way down field then they smother you in the red zone. Your best bet is to capitalize on long catch and run opportunities and convert scoring chances and hope their offense can't keep up.

Last edited:
Does anyone ever go deep on Sea? Is it effective or does that backfield shut those routes down?

Only time this year a team was Consistenly beating them deep was the Chargers game with Gates and Kam was hurt.

ODB got Sherm deep in the Giants game

I think Dallas challenged them deep a couple times, pass rush was having a hard time that game.

I'd say its not really effective overall..need the run game to produce to allow the short pass game to convert

Last edited:

playing cover 3 with earl deep pretty much negates big plays. pete carroll emphasizes limiting "explosive" plays. some study he did at USC showed that a drive with an explosive play ends up with a score 75% of the time. explosive play being 12+ yard run of 16+ yard pass.

also it forces the offense to convert more third downs on our defense.

laugh.gif
@ Pats fans mad cause people keep going in on their team. They've been caught before so I'm not understanding the outrage. They do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.

And anyway, your squad is about to play in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't give a **** about what anybody had to say
laugh.gif
"Outrage" though...word? What do you call Mark Brunell's grown *** having real tears on TV and all the holier-than-thou hot take **** we've seen/heard on this?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
If it was just jokes over this silly **** I don't think you'd hear a peep because most of us laugh at the meme stuff, but _'s are barely even covering the game since last week. We've BEEN trying to get past this national crisis.
grin.gif

Josh = idiot. Get him the **** outta here.

Anyways...Jay Cutler, ladies and gentlemen.

B8KaxyiCcAATL7o.png:large

The jokes write themselves..
laugh.gif

^^^^ wtf is wrong wit son.
they should put ol boy in EVERY segment of
C'mon maan, next season

Last edited:
Smooth presser by Pete

Showed support to Bill, didnt denounce the league while doing it

Sherm taking shots doe on Kraft and Goodell :lol:

Damn sucks for Gordon. I wonder why He is banned from alcohol, even though he has a suspended license and can't really harm anyone.

"Will they be punished? Probably not," Sherman said. "Not as long as (New England Patriots owner) Robert Kraft and (NFL commissioner Rodger) Goodell are taking pictures at their respective homes. I think he was just at Kraft's house last week for the NFC Championship. Talk about conflict of interest."

"Will they be punished? Probably not," Sherman said. "Not as long as (New England Patriots owner) Robert Kraft and (NFL commissioner Rodger) Goodell are taking pictures at their respective homes. I think he was just at Kraft's house last week for the NFC Championship. Talk about conflict of interest."

never change Sherm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom