NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could get down with some nothing else matters, for the second to last song..

But do they start or close with enter sandman?

Last edited:
JT would probably be the best option if not for the whole you know what situation..

If it was first 3 CDs kanye, I would throw him out there too

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Metallica isn't going to appeal to the masses especially in this day and age. The Super Bowl is watched by people all around the world and having a metal band that was prominent in the 90s perform at such a big event in this era would be met with lukewarm feedback at best. At the end of the day the Super Bowl is so mainstream and commercial that it wouldn't make sense to have anything other than a current chart topping pop artist perform there. I remember a few years back they had The Who perform at halftime and it wasn't entertaining to most folks who weren't familiar with their catalogue and old school rock

i honestly don't even listen to any of the "current" bands out there right now...my playlist is all bands from late 90s/early 2000s

:smokin

Though Imagine Dragons, Of Monsters and Men, Foster the People, Black Keys and the Shins and others have out out real solid albums

Last edited:
Metallica isn't going to appeal to the masses especially in this day and age. The Super Bowl is watched by people all around the world and having a metal band that was prominent in the 90s perform at such a big event in this era would be met with lukewarm feedback at best. At the end of the day the Super Bowl is so mainstream and commercial that it wouldn't make sense to have anything other than a current chart topping pop artist perform there. I remember a few years back they had The Who perform at halftime and it wasn't entertaining to most folks who weren't familiar with their catalogue and old school rock

Not disagreeing but all should know the Who

Honestly Timberlake is by far the best option but he won't do it :lol:

That's why I feel like they should be guests to the main feature and perform 2-3 songs. I know that would run a long time but hey why not?

Apparently people are trying to get this to happen. Hashtag #superbowl50 on instagram and see what comes up. Also..

http://www.straight.com/blogra/818916/metallica-must-play-super-bowl-50

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom