There's no evidence to say the league is dependent on Peyton

The NFL will just go to the next great player

Last edited:
Peyton can retire tomorrow

The NFL will not miss a beat

TV ratings, attendance, sponsors etc etc will not be affected

he just sayin peyton has value which is true....just not as much as some say is what i'm (we) are sayin

and yes, he isnt the best of his gen obviously....i don't even think there's argument there after da last SB!

Where did someone say the NFL depended on Peyton?

fact that people 24-7 report on nfl AFTER the season's over says enough. the most important dude for the NFL isn't peyton, it's goodell. peyton has around the same value as hoyer in the big scheme

Last edited:
Peyton has value no doubt but its not like he did for the NFL what Larry and Magic did for the NBA.

I don't dispute that, the leagues are different in that NBA is more dependent and affected by individuals (on and off the court). NFL is more about the team

Peyton is pretty popular though. He's middle America's golden boy qb. He has a likeable personality and is very marketable which goes a long way imo. These factors probably play a role in why he gets a pass for underachieving in the playoffs as well.

That said, I don't know if I would necessairly call him the face of the NFL but he is one of the recognizable names in the NFL which even people who don't know anything about football or follow football tend to recognize.

Peyton is pretty popular though. He's middle America's golden boy qb. He has a likeable personality and is very marketable which goes a long way imo. These factors probably play a role in why he gets a pass for underachieving in the playoffs as well.

That said, I don't know if I would necessairly call him the face of the NFL but he is one of the recognizable names in the NFL which even people who don't know anything about football or follow football tend to recognize.
nationwide is on your side... everyone loves peyton but the nfl is probably the most well oiled machine in the sense that a group of super rich white people sat together in a room and made sure they had every single base covered. only thing that can compare to the nfl is probably... big banks. 

Peyton was just the next in line for the NFL

And he was super ready to pitch middle America products

The NFL makes dudes not the other way around

Last edited:
Peyton was just the next in line for the NFL

And he was super ready to pitch middle America products

The NFL makes dudes not the other way around

That last part is true. If it wasn't Peyton, someone else would've took that spot. I'm not much of a Peyton fan but to his credit he's done a good job playing that role throughout his career.

Where did someone say the NFL depended on Peyton?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

say what you want about peyton but the NFL is only as big as it is now because of him

Dude said the NFL is only as big as it is now because of him. He's saying if it weren't for Peyton, the NFL won't be as big. I beg to disagree.

How did you miss that?

Dude said the NFL is only as big as it is now because of him. He's saying if it weren't for Peyton, the NFL won't be as big. I beg to disagree.

How did you miss that?
lol everyone disagrees, this isn't even a real topic of discussion. i hope peyton retires. i don't want him to farve away his career. 

people love to hate peyton, especially recently.

he has the most regular season wins each of his past 3 seasons, all at the age of 35+. sure his postseason performances haven't always matched the bar he's set, but he's a top 3 qb for his generation, which spans nearly 2 decades, and i consider him the top passer of all time.

does the NFL need him? no. did he help shape the NFL? of course.

people love to hate peyton, especially recently.

he has the most regular season wins each of his past 3 seasons, all at the age of 35+. sure his postseason performances haven't always matched the bar he's set, but he's a top 3 qb for his generation, which spans nearly 2 decades, and i consider him the top passer of all time.

does the NFL need him? no. did he help shape the NFL? of course.
shape the NFL is a little too much. they would be in the same shape without Peyton. you can argue Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers "shaped" the NFL because they made all those dumb rules... but i really don't think Peyton did much shaping. He was just a guy that you looked forward to seeing on SNF more than.... Big Ben or Philip Rivers when your home team isn't playing. 

Peyton is one of the greatest of all time... but the NFL is just way bigger that they could have replaced Peyton with Brady or Rodgers or Brees or something. And they did... when he wasn't sure if he was coming back or not. 

Last edited:
I would argue that the NFL is pass-heavy at least partially because of Peyton.

Anyway I agree with you -- the league is way bigger than any single person. They have the best product out and one reason is that they don't care if 1 or 5 or 10 superstars get injured or suspended.

Last edited:
I would argue that the NFL is pass-heavy at least partially because of Peyton.

Anyway I agree with you -- the league is way bigger than any single person. They have the best product out and one reason is that they don't care if 1 or 5 or 10 superstars get injured or suspended.
although u have to admit the Thursday night idea is a f-ing disaster. 

i guess i was speaking for myself

but i will confess that peyton was one of the main the reason why i started to watch football seriously

i think i fell in love with football when 1080p tvs started becoming super affordable. broadcast was incredible and really still is the best by far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom