NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
daniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ  ·  3h 3 hours ago

In SBJ, Jaguars owner says wanted to extend London series past 2016. Also says team revs will rank 22nd in NFL this season

Joe Person @josephperson  ·  1h 1 hour ago
Case against Panthers Greg Hardy dismissed.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...hardy-trial-opens-with-jury.html#.VNjQ3_nF8bK

Joe Person @josephperson  ·  30m 30 minutes ago
Statement from @NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy on Greg Hardy: "His status remains unchanged until we fully review the matter."

Last edited:
Hardy trail should've never gotten this fair. The first judge was an activist for domestic violence. She has a checkered past with coke but some of yall took her side without facts. I do have a feeling hardy and byron maxwell end up in Atlanta.

Panthers ain't letting him go. That defense would have been even sicker had he played last year. If they can get Newton one more offensive playmaker the panthers could be a real problem.
I wanna keep greg but their not paying him with cam and luke contracts coming up

Hardy trail should've never gotten this fair. The first judge was an activist for domestic violence. She has a checkered past with coke but some of yall took her side without facts. I do have a feeling hardy and byron maxwell end up in Atlanta.

Activist for domestic violence? Unpopular stance I'd assume

The Dolphins are discussing a long-term extension with fourth-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill, a source told the South Florida Sun Sentinel, with the "framework being a seven-year contract worth about $105 million (depending on incentives)."

The paper said the general idea is a $15 million annual salary with only the first two years guaranteed.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...discussing-long-term-deal-with-ryan-tannehill

[COLOR=#red]Don't mind this one bit. Fins up.

Team is also talking, re-signing Odrick as well... again a plus.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Exactly my thought as well. Especially for a player, despite his coaching putting him in awful positions, has gotten progressively better every year.

Not bad at all, hope he signs it. [/COLOR]

I'm all for dudes defending their team but where are your morals?

Her past with coke doesn't matter and the judges history doesnt matter, if he in fact did the things he was accused of he deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law... Ain't really no gray area to me..

The case was dismissed because they settled out of court, so he pretty much paid her to not speak.

Before you go pumping your chest just consider all the facts... It's still ugly.

Last edited:
I'm all for dudes defending their team but where are your morals?

Her past with coke doesn't matter and the judges history doesnt matter, if he in fact did the things he was accused of he deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law... Ain't really no gray area to me..

The case was dismissed because they settled out of court, so he pretty much paid her to not speak.

Before you go pumping your chest just consider all the facts... It's still ugly.
Pumping my chest? We're not signing him. It's just most people took her side without looking at both parties history along with the dispatch transcript from when greg called the police. Do I think he hit her no but do I believe he threatened her to some degree, absolutely. I'm not making excuses for his actions my only point is that everybody took her side from jump.Example : Duke lacrosse
And regardless of the situation is any court case fair with a judge who may have be bias? Srs question

At the end of the day no matter how you cut it, guilty until proven innocent and suspending players off of fake public outrage sets a horrible precedent.

certain teams just bring out the hate in people

Seahawks seem to be at the front of that but I knew 1 Seahawk fan before 2012 and he's actually a cool dude from Seattle and transplanted in Philly

Don't think Tannehill has done anything to earn an extension or big payday. He looked better last year but that's not enough.

I thought I heard on TV earlier that the girl from the Hard trial is missing, is that real?

Sucks for players getting falsely accused, and they have to sit out multiple games. Obviously I'm not saying all of them have been false accusations, but it sucks for those that have

At the end of the day no matter how you cut it, guilty until proven innocent and suspending players off of fake public outrage sets a horrible precedent.

It's been happening for what, 5 years now? Roger still doesn't use any consistent punishment or method either

oh i agree. roger has been very inconsistent in terms of handing out punishments. hell if i recall, the saints situation drove a rift between him and paul tagliabue when tagliabue overturned his bounty punishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom