NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
after sleeping on it, I'm just upset we couldn't get a draft pick and Kiko out of the deal. I think the Eagles jumped too early on the first trade offer they heard about

losing your top offensive weapons in back to back years is nothing to just easily replace, idc what system Chip thinks he's running.

long way to go until the season starts so we'll see how what the Eagles do with all this cap room

Chip is gonna go after Marcus Mariota. No doubts about it.. I think he pulls the trigger with the Jets at pick 6. I really don't see Mariota succeeding early on with any other offense, and I don't see Todd Bowles pulling the trigger on Mariota that early. Bowles would probably be GLAD to trade back at this point, or if not, Mariota keeps falling and the price for him gets cheaper.

As for compensation, Im thinking, 2016 and 2016 firsts, Nick Foles, and one more pick from this season( Maybe a third?) will get this thing done. Eagles then draft Jay Ayayi in the second round( Great rb out of a spread system), and Chip has HIS qb, a new stud rb, Jordan Matthews, and can fill in holes that he didnt fill in FA(which, by the way, they are sitting pretty now since the trade of McCoy and the cut of Trent).

great job by the Eagles if they can pull it off..

Last edited:
Chip is gonna go after Marcus Mariota. No doubts about it.. I think he pulls the trigger with the Jets at pick 6. I really don't see Mariota succeeding early on with any other offense, and I don't see Todd Bowles pulling the trigger on Mariota that early. Bowles would probably be GLAD to trade back at this point, or if not, Mariota keeps falling and the price for him gets cheaper.

As for compensation, Im thinking, 2016 and 2016 firsts, Nick Foles, and one more pick from this season( Maybe a third?) will get this thing done. Eagles then draft Jay Ayayi in the second round( Great rb out of a spread system), and Chip has HIS qb, a new stud rb, and can fill in holes that he didnt fill in FA(which, by the way, they are sitting pretty now since the trade of McCoy and the cut of Trent).

great job by the Eagles if they can pull it off..

only problem is the Titans are sitting there at number 2, they could use a QB

AP and Andre both to Indy would make that offense a monster. D still suspect though and could be the downfall (sounds familiar)

I was just thinking this

Luck
AP
Reggie Wayne
TY
Andre Johnson

:x

even with Reggie and Andre being on the decline they still have some left in tank to compliment each other leaving defenses confused adding TY, Luck, n Adrian in the mix

only problem is the Titans are sitting there at number 2, they could use a QB

Titans are switching to a 3-4 defense, you dont pass on the next Suh in Leonard WIlliams if you are trying to switch defenses.. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Mariota, but it would just be ashamed if they let the best player in the draft, also the first building block of any good 3-4 pass them by to take Mariota. They would have to convince themselves that Mariota is THAT GUY, and I dont think that anyone besides Chip knows that Mariota is THAT GUY for their system..

Last edited:
The cap space is to build with a couple free agents and resign current players coming off rookie contracts then concentrate on the draft

Cowboys fans should know about a screwed up cap

Last edited:
yup, Cox and Kendricks are due for extensions. they may or may not resign Mac
herremans, cole, ryans are all over the hill too
chip got the whole city numb #savages

You guys just mentioned every free agent possible yesterday. Murray, McCourty, Revis, etc. now it's a "couple free agents" and resign current players? Which one is it fam? Can't be flip flopping every time someone brings up a good point on your local radio stations.

As a Eagles fan im distraught. One of the most entertaining players ive seen even though his "dancing" did became head-scratching at times.

our problems lied with the CB's and quarterback and none of those have been dealt with yet. That clown chip better fix this ****. But, at least it will give me reason to watch Bills games now. 

You guys just mentioned every free agent possible yesterday. Murray, McCourty, Revis, etc. now it's a "couple free agents" and resign current players? Which one is it fam? Can't be flip flopping every time someone brings up a good point on your local radio stations.

no one said they are signing all of them, they are options

realistically most fans expect Maxwell, a couple mid level guys and then it's draft time and contract extensions for players like Cox, Curry, Boykin and Kendricks

no one is flip flopping

As a Eagles fan im distraught. One of the most entertaining players ive seen even though his "dancing" did became head-scratching at times.

our problems lied with the CB's and quarterback and none of those have been dealt with yet. That clown chip better fix this ****. But, at least it will give me reason to watch Bills games now. 

both cornerbacks are gone, how hasn't it been addressed yet? free agency and the draft aren't here

if it wasn't addressed Fletcher and Cary Williams would still be on this team

I was just thinking this

Luck
AP
Reggie Wayne
TY
Andre Johnson

:x

even with Reggie and Andre being on the decline they still have some left in tank to compliment each other leaving defenses confused adding TY, Luck, n Adrian in the mix

Dont think Reggie is coming back fam.

My boy looked like he didnt have anything left in the tank at the end of the year. :frown:

We've talked about very specific free agents

Maxwell and mccourty are the only big name guys who have been mentioned

And it's either maclin or Cobb

Then it's cheaper guys like jason worilds or cj spiller

No Eagles fan has advocated for the Eagles signing Murray or revis.. Hell no one has mentioned suh

Last edited:
It's ironic Cowboys fans will be "fine" without Demarco (because they probably can't sign him) but the Eagles are finished without Shady

Last edited:

We've talked about very specific free agents

Maxwell and mccourty are the only big name guys who have been mentioned

And it's either maclin or Cobb

Then it's cheaper guys like jason worilds or cj spiller

No Eagles fan has advocated for the Eagles signing Murray or revis.. Hell no one has mentioned suh

It's ironic Cowboys fans will be "fine" without Demarco (because they probably can't sign him) but the Eagles are finished without Shady

It's not ironic, it's the truth. (For the record I never said that)

What is ironic is Stillin and itsaboutthattime was praising Randle when I was down on him at the beginning of the year, calling him a legit #2 RB, now the Cowboys won't be OK if we lost Murray?

There goes some more of that flip flopping.

It's not ironic, it's the truth. (For the record I never said that)

What is ironic is Stillin and itsaboutthattime was praising Randle when I was down on him at the beginning of the year, calling him a legit #2 RB, now the Cowboys won't be OK if we lost Murray?

There goes some more of that flip flopping.

Cowboys fans get so in there feels, funny how you twist that I said he was better than Dunbar and Ryan Williams

Insecurities running wild like Hulkamania

You don't trade shady now especially for one player that's coming off 2 cal surgeries tf is you thinking Chip....one dumb mf :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom