NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sick of Michael Sam

"Hopefully I'm not being discriminated [against] because I'm gay," Sam said Thursday, according to the Star-Telegram. "I don't believe that I'm being discriminated [against] because I'm gay. I just want to know if I'm truly not in the NFL, it's because of talent. Let it be because of my talents. But you've got to prove that I can't play this game. If you look at the film, clearly I can. So, I'll leave it at that. ...

shut up already

Odds were stacked against him as a 7th rounder. I honestly don't know what he expects. He comes off as EXTREMELY entitled.

If you're that good, go to the CFL, ball out, and come back to the league.

if he was that good he would be on a team somewhere. guys bring in criminals each day, you think a homosexual really is gonna turn off a gm?

man i dont buy that. you're telling me there wasn't a circus around pacman jones? or ray lewis after his trial? fact of the matter is, when you have talent, teams dont care about anything but your talent.

if he was that good he would be on a team somewhere. guys bring in criminals each day, you think a homosexual really is gonna turn off a gm?
Um yea
laugh.gif

I think it's moreso the circus that comes with Sam.
Word to Kerry Rhodes 
laugh.gif

Sam creates the circus to make sure he extends his 15 minutes of fame, dude was going to have a freakin reality TV show before the NFL killed that

Sam is building his brand/image....by keeping his name out there by any means possible.

I'm sure he's raking in MUCH more than your average 7th round pick who actually makes a roster.

Personally, I don't think that football is a top priority for him. It's merely a platform for him to use to fatten his pockets from other endeavors off the field.

I think Football is or was his top priority but figures he might as well get paid for his disadvantage relatively

Last edited:
Alex Smith :lol:

http://www.footballperspective.com/quarterback-records-when-their-team-allows-21-points/

Back in November, Cian Fahey tweeted me a simple question: “What is Alex Smith’s record in games where his D gives up 21 or more points?”

I made a note to run the numbers in the off-season, and guess what? It’s the off-season. Smith now holds a career record of 7-38-1 (including a 1-1 mark in the postseason) when his team1 allows 21 or more points. That’s really bad, as it turns out. In fact, among quarterbacks who started such a game last year, only Ryan Fitzpatrick (5-43-0) has a worse career record.

How am I defining a “good” or “bad” record? Well, that’s somewhat subjective. But you might be surprised to learn that over history, teams have won about 25% of their games when allowing 21+ points, and there hasn’t been quite as much variation as you would expect.2 So while it would probably help a little to adjust for era, it’s not as necessary as I would have originally thought.3

The best quarterback by this metric? Tom Brady. Brady has played in 106 games (including playoffs) where the Patriots allowed at least 21 points. In those games, Brady is 60-46, for a 0.566 winning percentage. Given that we would “expect” Brady to win 25% of those 106 games — that is, 26.5 games — Brady has exceeded expectations by 33.5 wins. All the usual caveats apply: wins should not be applied to the quarterback, there are lots of reasons not to read too much into the data, etc. But sometimes, it’s just good to do a data dump, even if you only find the information useful for trivia purposes.

As for Smith? There are 121 quarterbacks who started at least 40 games where their teams allowed 21+ points. Smith has the 8th worst winning percentage among that group, behind David Carr (0.065), Archie Manning (0.068), Fitzpatrick (0.104), Lamar McHan (0.116), Eddie LeBaron (0.120), Ron Jaworski (0.130), and Jeff George (0.156).

Last edited:
Sam creates the circus to make sure he extends his 15 minutes of fame, dude was going to have a freakin reality TV show before the NFL killed that

barely in the league and he's at the Veteran Combine

That was funny to me.

He claimed he wanted to be known as just a football player but once he started getting attention that changed real quick. Some people probably told him he can milk this ---- for his benefit. If he can play that's all that should really matter but he's making it a bigger story than it needs to be.

Edited dmxfury

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam saying exactly what every cut player says but ya'll are all frothing at the mouth this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom