NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never said if he did or didn't do it, I've maintained that there's reasonable doubt in his case

If the Charlotte prosecutors had enough evidence to continue with the case against Greg Hardy they would have. The majority of DV complaints recant their story but the prosecutors still continue in most cases

This is the point you've been making the entire time, ain't nobody trying to hear that tho. Please stop making so much sense in here.

Last edited:
I don't know how North Carolina works but in Texas the victim doesnt even have to want to press charges and if there is enough evidence you can still get a conviction.

There is reasonable doubt.  However the standard of proof to be suspended 10 weeks from your job isn't the same standard of proof as being put in prison, so I don't really have a problem with the NFL's reaction.

Keep in mind he got paid for every game he missed last year.

@fishersports
If you recall, I reported on @1052thefan in Feb that #Cowboys delay in signing Coleman due to hopes he'd grown "more serious about job"

:smh:

The actual 1st hand report also says "the dispute between Hardy and Coleman arose from Hardy questioning Coleman's effort during conditioning drills."

Coleman was out of line with that low blow comment, really unnecessary. The team wants you to take the job more seriously and here you are trying to be the "I said it to his face" guy :smh:

I don't know how North Carolina works but in Texas the victim doesnt even have to want to press charges and if there is enough evidence you can still get a conviction.
Yeah, from what I hear again, and from someone more knowledgeable than me...
 Another oddity about North Carolina law...
The way the laws are written, the state is the legal victim while the actual victim (Holder) is merely a witness. Therefore, under NC law, Holder did not need to be present for the trial to occur. However, the lack of physical evidence, such as injuries to Holder,etc. , meant the only evidence that could convict Hardy were Holder's words. In short, the case was dismissed as baseless since there was literally zero evidence to convict Hardy [since she "disappeared"] .
You could even argue the bench trial helped out Hardy even though he was found "guilty", because it forced the prosecution to show at least part of its hand.

Another interesting point about the case
 So the prosecutor saying Ms. Holder refused to cooperate is really just a PR tactic, to deflect public attention away from the lack of evidence. The real problem was *lack of evidence*. (since they could continue to prosecute Hardy without Holder present)

Last edited:
In most states, they won't do **** even with evidence if she won't participate or press charges. She was paid off and wanted nothing to do with it. When that happens, most of the time the charges are dropped. So, why would he pay her off if he was innocent? I mean, I don't understand how this is even a discussion. And he was found guilty and appealed it. Sooooooo again, why is there any question here? And to make it worse, someone is actually repping that guy's buffoonery :lol:

why is Hardy calling teammates out though? he just got suspended 10 games and has been with Dallas like a month, shouldn't someone like Romo, Dez or Witten be doing that?

So, I guess this is now the NFL Legal Thread we've always talked about. 
laugh.gif

I think I created one before. Worthless!

Friendly, are you looking for the NFL to reduce his suspension or just people to stop calling him names?

'just two women fighting'  
laugh.gif

domestic violence is domestic violence.

edit: they were arrested for assault. guess gender matters in this case.

nerd.gif

So should belichrck be fined for detrimental actions against the league for "tongue banging" his daughter or is it a woody Allen type daughter who was adopted and from another wife?

naw man domestic violence is between two people in a relationship or living together or some **** like that.

cause a person hits back doesn't stop it from being dv. 

I know this may or will be a hard concept for some of you to grasp and I know I will be called out on it

In the NFL locker room, Greg Hardy isn't the new guy...He's a 5 year veteran and established player that will help the team. Davon Coleman is a fringe type player trying to stick.

Anytime a veteran free agent comes to a new team, he is higher in the leadership hierarchy than an fringe type player,

When NFL teams work out in the off season they typically work out at like 3 different times( 7, 8 or 11) to accommodate players schedules and by position

So Tony Romo and Dez Bryant may not be working out with Hardy and Coleman

Last edited:
naw man domestic violence is between two people in a relationship or living together or some **** like that.

cause a person hits back doesn't stop it from being dv. 

Yeah and its usually one partner towards the other partner

Those two just went at it and we're rolling around throwing at each other and what not, they were both busted up when the cops arrived

Last edited:
it can be for both my man.....it's not always one sided

We define domestic violence as a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner. Domestic violence can be physical, sexual, emotional, economic, or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that intimidate, manipulate, humiliate, isolate, frighten, terrorize, coerce, threaten, blame, hurt, injure, or wound someone.

That's straight from the dept of justice, my point is the Griner case isn't domestic violence. It was two people in a relationship getting angry at each other and it escalating into a brawl that needed police involvement to settle it down.

In the Hardy case, it was said Holder hit him too....Its still considered domestic violence

Your wife or girlfriend could push, kick, push, grab you even grab a weapon like a knife vs you and if you had any type of physical contact back to her...you would as a man would still be considered the abuser

Not every domestic violence case is where a drunk guy comes home and just beats his wife because she irritated him like in the movies.

Last edited:
Whos pretending there's no such thing as power dynamics? I admit as much in section of my post you omitted in your reply

I think what's more foolish is believing that cocaine can't influence a persons decision making

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom