NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
roll.gif

Didn't this happen before or some thing with Hiuston and him came up

I just remember everyone going at MMG about it :lol:

Last edited:
Very good article. Full story in link.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...rk-koetter-locked-in-for-rookie-season-062315

TAMPA -- Jameis Winston knew that the summertime break for Tampa Bay's players had officially started two hours earlier.
He didn't care.

Winston's teammates were streaming out of One Buccaneers Place last Thursday but he wasn't following. Doing so would disrupt the routine Winston has developed with his quarterbacks coach Mike Bajakian and an equipment intern named Tyler "Thunder" Martin.
Like he did throughout the offseason since reporting to the Bucs in early May, Winston took the field for extra work. In the absence of virtual-reality technology -- which, as first reported by FOX Sports, is coming to the Buccaneers -- Winston tries to visualize defenses the old-fashion way.
He calls a play and Bajarkian turns up the heat that matches the sweltering temperature outdoors. Bajarkian barks out the coverage Winston would be facing, which forces the quarterback to make lightning-quick decisions about his progressions and where he should throw the football. When Winston does put the football in the air, Martin is the target.
As the simulations unfolded, Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter cracked a joke.
"While I'm on vacation, they're all doing reps," he said.
For the past seven weeks, Koetter and Bucs head coach Lovie Smith have watched this scene unfold time after time from the second floor of their spacious offices at team headquarters. It's not the only time they see Winston outside of the normal hours of the offseason program either. Winston arrives at 6 a.m. for weight-lifting and conditioning. He doesn't leave until 12 hours later.

At home I study about two full hours," Winston told FOX Sports before his session with Bajakian. "I try to get some rest but sometimes I've got to look over my script."
It's far too early to tell whether this commitment will ultimately translate into Winston becoming the franchise quarterback envisioned when Tampa Bay made him the top overall pick of this year's draft. But this much has become clear already: If he fails to reach those heights, it won't be work ethic or the steps Bucs brass has put in place to help Winston succeed that are to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom