NFL DIVISIONAL ROUND 🏈 | Parlays, Pick Em's and Pigskins | Sponsored by FanKings and DraftDuel

Pick Em'

• Seahawks

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 49ers

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Jags

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Chargers

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bills

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Giants

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Vikings

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Ravens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bengals

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Lance a future Jet? His job gone for sure.

Also good for Lamar not playing.
1673796904301.gif

Good for Lamar not trying to sacrifice his body for a team unwilling to protect his future, would hate to see another RG3 situation for him.

He'll get his worth from someone if not Baltimore this offseason without risking his long term future.

These talking heads sound brainwashed though acting like players have to be willing to die for these franchises :lol: :smh:

It's player safety one day then the next it's "Lamar go die for us on the field." These analysts full of shxt. And Vick is talking about just put a brace on as if RG3 didn't mess his knee up in a brace. I'm with Lamar on this one, gotta look out for yourself. It's obvious these teams or players won't.

Mannn they're out their damn minds. Lamar shouldn't risk ish for a team that doesn't see his value. F all that

I don’t.

What I’m saying is the playoffs just began lmao.

That conversation is for the future and is based on what’s happening now lol.

Lol. That’s Glock Purdys team now.

As a Falcons fan I will give the 9ers 4th rd pick for Trey.

Sammy Watkins came out this week tryna pressure Lamar to play. Bruh you just got on the team and you missed a ton of games in your career. :lol:

We need to stop this mindset that players need to die for the cause and be super loyal to these teams when they're not loyal to you.

I don’t know how anyone could be crying foul at Lamar Jackson. This is a cutthroat league where contracts aren’t guaranteed and loyal team guys get cut regularly. The Ravens have been bs’ing when it comes to paying him. No reason to “Leave it all on the field” given those circumstances.

Mannn they're out their damn minds. Lamar shouldn't risk ish for a team that doesn't see his value. F all that

I don’t think he should play either but largely because he isn’t 100%. Sure a limited LJ8 is better than Huntley or Brown but it’s not worth risking further injury through aggravation or injuring another area due to overcompensation.

I will also say that I don’t think the Ravens don’t see his value. That should be pretty apparent to anyone with two eyes. I think their issue may be that they are not sure they can build a SB-caliber team around him by giving him what he is asking fully guaranteed. In 27 seasons they have only ONE season where their offense was Top 10 in points/yards (granted, it was Lamar’s MVP year :lol:).

Being offensive-minded and focused just isn’t their MO and when you’re paying top-tier, guaranteed money at QB you better be one of the best, or at least better, offenses and that would be tough for them to do while keeping their defensive identity. It is essentially a decision about priorities for the team IMO, not an attempt to disrespect Lamar or failing to see his value.

That mentality is why the owners always win.

Why the players STILL don’t have fully guaranteed contracts.

Players have that soildier mentality. Coupled with the fact that football unlike any other sport is rooted in faith and religion, players allow brotherhood and the spirit of the game to impact fiscal decisions.

I’m sure Lamar could play if he had to, but why should he risk his body if they won’t risk there wallet.

If I recall correctly Aaron Rodgers was very against the new NFL deal....one of main reasons was this franchise tag.......considering the avg career in NFL this tag has no place in NFL and is big reason why these contracts are not higher and fully guaranteed

the players messed up they should have gotten rid of the tag and made it where each team can cut a player each year and the dead $ won't count against the cap....

I'm noooo cap expert but my understanding is these dead cap hits people think it hurts the owners, it really protects the from having no excuse to spend.

look at it from the OBJ trade from giants to browns....browns had cap room to absorb the OBJ contract - he got his guaranteed contract $ the browns take a cap hit but so do giants with dead money. people look at as a punishment for giants but really its a blessing for the ownership to not have to fill those funds.

my point is OBJ contract that first year on browns pretty much filled cap space for two franchises.....that hurts the players as a whole - these teams have the money today for 300M per team caps.....no? so the warriors are paying contracts to 12 players at about 200M and how many NFL teams are? half the league? what about MLB teams? There are 3 teams with near 300M salaries in baseball

go take a look at NFL teams salaries per cap hit vs what they actually pay out

players are getting shafted - lot of Arod hate but he wasnt fighting this NFL contract for himself he was doing it for the players and they failed

If I recall correctly Aaron Rodgers was very against the new NFL deal....one of main reasons was this franchise tag.......considering the avg career in NFL this tag has no place in NFL and is big reason why these contracts are not higher and fully guaranteed

the players messed up they should have gotten rid of the tag and made it where each team can cut a player each year and the dead $ won't count against the cap....

I'm noooo cap expert but my understanding is these dead cap hits people think it hurts the owners, it really protects the from having no excuse to spend.

look at it from the OBJ trade from giants to browns....browns had cap room to absorb the OBJ contract - he got his guaranteed contract $ the browns take a cap hit but so do giants with dead money. people look at as a punishment for giants but really its a blessing for the ownership to not have to fill those funds.

my point is OBJ contract that first year on browns pretty much filled cap space for two franchises.....that hurts the players as a whole - these teams have the money today for 300M per team caps.....no? so the warriors are paying contracts to 12 players at about 200M and how many NFL teams are? half the league? what about MLB teams? There are 3 teams with near 300M salaries in baseball

go take a look at NFL teams salaries per cap hit vs what they actually pay out

players are getting shafted - lot of Arod hate but he wasnt fighting this NFL contract for himself he was doing it for the players and they failed

They need to hire attorneys who’ve worked NBA/MLB CBAs. Because it’s crazy.

MLB and NBA have smaller rosters and more games to generate more money…. But ain’t no way the most physically dangerous sport doesn’t have guaranteed contracts.

It’s egregious.

That mentality is why the owners always win.

Why the players STILL don’t have fully guaranteed contracts.

Players have that soildier mentality. Coupled with the fact that football unlike any other sport is rooted in faith and religion, players allow brotherhood and the spirit of the game to impact fiscal decisions.

I’m sure Lamar could play if he had to, but why should he risk his body if they won’t risk there wallet.

They stay getting dragged whenever any collective bargaining negotiations happen as well.

The only way they players will ever get any type of relevant concessions from the owners is if they’re willing to miss games and play the long run. But look at 2011, the NFLPA and the players folded so fast once those checks stopped coming.

The NFLPA is weak compare to the MLBPA and the NBA Players Union. Granted there’s more NFL players and the non guaranteed contracts puts them at a disadvantage. More players, shorter careers, and I can see how some of the lesser paid guys would start stressing if the checks stopped coming when they’re used to living a certain lifestyle. But they gotta find a way to hold down the guys who aren’t making as much to where they can afford to play the long game in negotiations and not rush to take a ****** deal.

Only day of the playoffs with three games! Let’s enjoy this ****. Vikings up, Giants down bad - tough noogies, sluts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom