NFL DIVISIONAL ROUND 🏈 | Parlays, Pick Em's and Pigskins | Sponsored by FanKings and DraftDuel

Pick Em'

• Seahawks

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 49ers

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Jags

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Chargers

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bills

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • Giants

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Vikings

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Ravens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bengals

Votes: 19 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He touched it smh
ezgif-2-96c9f8c5f06a.gif

GG dacomeup dacomeup kingkoopa kingkoopa T0INE T0INE :nthat:

EYE truly had zero expectations coming in so I am not surprised at the result. Really liked the effort I saw, though. Seemed like the Bengals offense was more prolific than they were. Outside of their two scoring drives, Baltimore held them in check. We’ll see what happens next year but at least defensively, things are looking way up

With a hard cap like you have in the NFL, constructing a high-powered offense (or defense/roster) can really be like a math problem because order of operations ie when you have to pay guys, dead cap money from trades to acquire talent, etc make it tricky.

It is/was a lot easier for the QBs you mentioned because their surrounding talent was acquired when their cap hit was lower. Like look at KC for example. Now that they had to pay Mahomes, they got rid of Hill because that would have been a lot for just a WR. Fortunately, Mahomes/KC’s coaching staff is good enough to compensate.

But then look over at GB. They just gave Rodgers a brinks truck, traded Davante and people are talking about how they won’t have cap flexibility until like 2024 offseason and their WR corps is questionable.

So it’s a significant commitment with no guarantee they could even bring in this talent everyone mentions. Even the Bengals - hit the jackpot drafting Burrow, Higgins and Chase but when they have to pay all of them…yikes
The WR crops suck, but the numbers looked good when Bateman was healthy, even though he’s not a #1.

Lamar has basically gone 2 straight seasons without playing alongside JK.

If everybody could just be healthy and have an offensive coordinator with half a brain, this team can make noise.

And that’s without adding anybody else. The defense is legit, and the offense has enough to work with if healthy.

Fire Harbs and Roman, pay Lamar, hire Bieniemy as HC.

I can’t stand Roman, I love Bieniemy but are you really done with Harbaugh!?!

The WR crops suck, but the numbers looked good when Bateman was healthy, even though he’s not a #1.

Lamar has basically gone 2 straight seasons without playing alongside JK.

If everybody could just be healthy and have an offensive coordinator with half a brain, this team can make noise.

And that’s without adding anybody else. The defense is legit, and the offense has enough to work with if healthy.

I actually believe this but don’t get into it because folks usually just look at “the names” and get their jokes. I also watch every game though so I know what they are capable of :lol: Injuries have been such a problem but I would feel comfortable backing up the Brinks truck if I had confidence everyone would be healthy. This is a serious contender with a healthy offense and the revamped defense

Maybe get Lamar some actual weapons like Mahomes, Tua, Murray and Allen have. Dude is passing to tight ends and WRs that can’t get separation.

Lamar was drafted in 2018, in the same draft the Ravens took Hayden hurst 25th, mark Andrews in the 3rd round and several receivers in the 4th that never panned out. You also have to consider the ravens are a run heavy team, so any RB position should also be considered “help” as well..

Since then, the ravens have drafted the following offensive skill positions:

2019: 1st round - WR (Brown)
3rd round - WR (Boykin)
4th round - RB (Hill)

2020: 2nd round - RB (Dobbins)
3rd round - WR (Duvernay)
6th round - WR (Proche)

2021: 1st round - WR (Batemen)
4th round - WR (Wallace)

2022: 4th round - TE (Kolar)
4th round - TE (Likely)

8 pass catchers selected in the span of 4 drafts, while multiple guys were taken in the first round. Whether they pan out is one thing, but it’s unfair to say the Ravens haven’t actively tried to get Lamar weapons

Lamar was drafted in 2018, in the same draft the Ravens took Hayden hurst 25th, mark Andrews in the 3rd round and several receivers in the 4th that never panned out. You also have to consider the ravens are a run heavy team, so any RB position should also be considered “help” as well..

Since then, the ravens have drafted the following offensive skill positions:

2019: 1st round - WR (Brown)
3rd round - WR (Boykin)
4th round - RB (Hill)

2020: 2nd round - RB (Dobbins)
3rd round - WR (Duvernay)
6th round - WR (Proche)

2021: 1st round - WR (Batemen)
4th round - WR (Wallace)

2022: 4th round - TE (Kolar)
4th round - TE (Likely)

8 pass catchers selected in the span of 4 drafts, while multiple guys were taken in the first round. Whether they pan out is one thing, but it’s unfair to say the Ravens haven’t actively tried to get Lamar weapons

They’ve tried to get weapons you are spot on.

But when you got a QB who has better legs than an arm of course they aren’t going to look like super stars *shrug*

For as poor as Huntley is and the unknown out there in terms of a Lamar replacement, I don’t fault the ravens for not wanting to give up $40M+ a year to Lamar. Everything Lenny said was facts. Lamar hasn’t done much of anything in the playoffs. He’s an inaccurate passer and forces your scheme to be some bull**** wing t option run offense that’s insanely limited when facing great rush defenses

I’m not even convinced that a healthy Lamar tonight would’ve beaten the bengals

Thank you for understanding my point (the bolded). I think he deserves and will get paid that. And it’s easy to scold Baltimore as NFL fans and fantasy football GMs but I think if you take a step back and look at from the perspective of someone who actually has to make the decision to commit that amount of money for half a decade, the reasons are evident in by the Ravens might be hesitant.

Still not over 2007 playoffs when they had old McNair and went 13-3. Lost to the ****ing Colts in the Divisionals 15-6. All field goals. That joint was a bar fight :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom