JaMarcus Russell
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Favre wont be top 5? LOL have fun losing your money

The Vikings are still a playoff team without Favre. Are they without AD?

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Actually they are a playoff team based off their D alone. Tjack and chester and they still make the playoffs IMO.

roll.gif
Wow.

Brett kinda has it in the bag if they go 13-3 or 14-2 and throws less than 10 pics

I think it's between Favre and Brees (I'm not even gonna discuss Manning, we know he's great and has won multiple times, he's doing nothing hehasn't already done before)

Brett might be a lock cuz the media slurps his sack but Brees deserves it. He's made a bunch of guys on that Saints offense look beastly. And plus considerthe numbers he's putting up in back to back seasons,
eek.gif
sick.gif
and the level of competition he has faced (Minnys schedule was
laugh.gif
)

right now it's peyton until the colts lose....after that, favre and brees. after that brady.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I think it's between Favre and Brees (I'm not even gonna discuss Manning, we know he's great and has won multiple times, he's doing nothing he hasn't already done before)

Brett might be a lock cuz the media slurps his sack but Brees deserves it. He's made a bunch of guys on that Saints offense look beastly. And plus consider the numbers he's putting up in back to back seasons,
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
)

Sooo youre dismissing Peyton because his spectacular play is nothing new? If someone plays like the MVP for 10 years straight they should have the MVP awardfor 10 straight years.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I think it's between Favre and Brees (I'm not even gonna discuss Manning, we know he's great and has won multiple times, he's doing nothing he hasn't already done before)

Brett might be a lock cuz the media slurps his sack but Brees deserves it. He's made a bunch of guys on that Saints offense look beastly. And plus consider the numbers he's putting up in back to back seasons,
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
)

Sooo youre dismissing Peyton because his spectacular play is nothing new? If someone plays like the MVP for 10 years straight they should have the MVP award for 10 straight years.
I'm not taking anything away from him, I'm just giving Brees and Favre some light too. They are playing just as well as Peyton, it'snot a given this year. Peyton just gets a lot more attention because of his history, Brees is getting the cold shoulder IMO.

Considering Manning is the lifeblood of his team, I think it's his to lose.

He has no running game and not nearly the defense Favre or Brees have

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Favre wont be top 5? LOL have fun losing your money

The Vikings are still a playoff team without Favre. Are they without AD?

Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well... we're a .500 team without Favre. We'd be just as good as last year.

Its Peyton's to lose right now and I just don't see him slipping.

Brees/Favre/Peterson are having great years but this guy Peyton is relentless.

Brees def took the lead this past weekend. Dude is ridiculous.

And I think we are forgetting that Reggie Wayne is Pro Bowl#1 WR and Dallas Clark is a top 5 TE. Both are in the top 10 in receiving yards,while the Saintsonly have 1 WR in the top 15 in yards(Colston)

1. Brees
2. Peyton
3. Chris Johnson
4. Favre (I'm a hater.)

My rankings as an unbiased die-hard NFL fan with no team affiliations:

1. Peyton Manning: the only argument against him at this point is that he always does this. "This" being run through the regular season racking upyards and touchdowns and wins like few others in NFL history. Even ignoring the invalidity of this argument, Manning is doing so much more with so much lessthis year. His running game has been fairly non-existent. His second wide receiver has been out all year. His coach is in the NBC studio. He has beenconstantly let down by receivers other than Clark and Wayne. Also, if the Colts had, say, Matt Schaub or another average to decent NFL QB starting in hisplace, they'd be 7-4 at best.

2. Brett Favre: might be undefeated were it not for a shady interference call, so the difference in records is fairly irrelevant to me. That said, I think theonly reason to place him above Manning would be that he has defied REALLY low expectations. That shouldn't matter. That said, he has played nearly flawlessfootball and has made stars out of an unknown tight-end and a fairly nameless wide receiver. The fact that he has AD running behind him is another reason thathe falls under Manning to me, as well as the fact that Manning has single-handedly beat teams more than Favre.

3. Drew Brees: he has played very impressive football, but I think he has a much better system in which to throw the ball than Manning or Favre. When I watchhim, I get the impression that Sean Payton is doing much of the work in that offense, whereas Manning and Favre seem to be making something out of nothing muchof the time. The same way AD brings down Favre because Manning has so much less, Payton brings down Brees because Favre and Manning both have such less qualitycoaching and play-calling. Brees also has more weaponry to work with than Manning, although this might be a close call.

4. Chris Johnson: he is a distant fourth here, and I really mention him out of obligation because he's on pace to break 2K. If they go 10-0 to finish theseason and sneak into the playoffs and CJ puts up 2K+, on the other hand, then that's a different conversation. Don't know if he'd win it,especially if Brees and/or Manning go undefeated and VY continues to play well, but he would definitely deserve a look.

Back
Top Bottom