NFL/NCAA Feet: '10-'11 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

Any HD pics of Oregons cleats AND socks yet? 
eek.gif

Am not a cleat guy, and don't have any firsthand experience with these "brand new" Nike cleats that both TCU and Oregon appeared to have worn for their bowl games, but both teams were straight up slipping all over the place.  In the National championship game tonight, both Auburn and Oregon were slipping around a ton, and Auburn wears UA, so maybe it was the field, but Wisconsin wears Adidas and had little issue in the Rose Bowl, while it appeared TCU was all over the place in theirs.

Just an observation, but certainly not great PR for Nike especially with all the apparent hype over these. Hopefully they get it straight, but I would expect a little more testing and polished performance for something that is in such a spotlight as these teams and players were tonight.

Am not a cleat guy, and don't have any firsthand experience with these "brand new" Nike cleats that both TCU and Oregon appeared to have worn for their bowl games, but both teams were straight up slipping all over the place.  In the National championship game tonight, both Auburn and Oregon were slipping around a ton, and Auburn wears UA, so maybe it was the field, but Wisconsin wears Adidas and had little issue in the Rose Bowl, while it appeared TCU was all over the place in theirs.

Just an observation, but certainly not great PR for Nike especially with all the apparent hype over these. Hopefully they get it straight, but I would expect a little more testing and polished performance for something that is in such a spotlight as these teams and players were tonight.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

people slip on every play, in every game..

sidebar: why did UA preview the "new" Auburn unis if they werent going to wear them? i know they only changed the stripes... but why not buss em out?

sidebar: why did UA preview the "new" Auburn unis if they werent going to wear them? i know they only changed the stripes... but why not buss em out?

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

Yes but more so in this game. I think it had more to do with them wearing turf cleats on grass which I was really surprised about. I would think that with them playing on grass they would have used good old fashioned cleats with studs

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

Yes but more so in this game. I think it had more to do with them wearing turf cleats on grass which I was really surprised about. I would think that with them playing on grass they would have used good old fashioned cleats with studs

People slip in every game ...... Dude are you serious?? Did you watch the game?? I'd have more traction in ice skates!
If I'm reebok and adidas; im printing out an ad today that says

We Don't Slip Against The Competition

too soon? too soon?

People slip in every game ...... Dude are you serious?? Did you watch the game?? I'd have more traction in ice skates!
If I'm reebok and adidas; im printing out an ad today that says

We Don't Slip Against The Competition

too soon? too soon?

I think it had alot more to do with the condition of the field rather than the shoes themselves. They mentioned that they brought in new grass for the game, but something just wasn't right with it. It's doubtful that any cleat would have had maximum traction on that field. Just my opinion, but I am rarely wrong.
roll.gif

I think it had alot more to do with the condition of the field rather than the shoes themselves. They mentioned that they brought in new grass for the game, but something just wasn't right with it. It's doubtful that any cleat would have had maximum traction on that field. Just my opinion, but I am rarely wrong.
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Players slip in every game. True.  Weather conditions, turf/grass conditions, and elements all factor into how much it happens.  In the case of this game however,

Weather not a factor.
Grass is brought in and "brand new"
Nike/Oregon, equipment manager, etc... should be aware of what length/grass type is being played on and plan accordingly.

Therefore if "studded" cleats are necessary vs. turf cleats then provide the team with a studded cleat version of the new shoe right?  Its Nike and the "University of Phil Knight".  If anyone should have been prepared it should have been Oregon.  Will someone slip regardless.  Of course.  To me its unacceptable given the amount of time between the end of season and national championship game that a suitable arrangement wasn't made to provision for minimal slippage.  Is it why Oregon lost. No. but it certainly would help if return guys, speed guys, and "skill" position players have the benefit of sure and stable footing.

Players slip in every game. True.  Weather conditions, turf/grass conditions, and elements all factor into how much it happens.  In the case of this game however,

Weather not a factor.
Nike/Oregon, equipment manager, etc... should be aware of what length/grass type is being played on and plan accordingly.

Therefore if "studded" cleats are necessary vs. turf cleats then provide the team with a studded cleat version of the new shoe right?  Its Nike and the "University of Phil Knight".  If anyone should have been prepared it should have been Oregon.  Will someone slip regardless.  Of course.  To me its unacceptable given the amount of time between the end of season and national championship game that a suitable arrangement wasn't made to provision for minimal slippage.  Is it why Oregon lost. No. but it certainly would help if return guys, speed guys, and "skill" position players have the benefit of sure and stable footing.

Weather not a factor.

not to nit-pick ... but weather was a factor. they mentioned pre-game that the field was much softer/looser than expected because of all the rain and flooding on so-cal. dont kid yourself, the Badgers defense was falling all over itself in that game as well and they wore adidas. maybe it wasnt as evident with Wisconsin because their style of offense. (receivers cant slip on routes when they're blocking)

all im saying is... these teams have been wearing the same cleats for a while now. i agree, you can blame the equip. managers for not screwing in longer studs to begin with... but i think its pretty much an issue you will always have when teams play on an unfamiliar/neutral field. especially BCS games when the stadiums and fields are unavailable to teams beforehand.

that said... didnt see much slipping in the 2nd half... in the Rose Bowl, or the title game. so, props to the equip managers for making adjustments?

really tho, i just think people make too much out of this. hundreds of players have been wearing Vapors all season... in pro and college. if it were a real issue, the teams/players would switch up.

Weather not a factor.

not to nit-pick ... but weather was a factor. they mentioned pre-game that the field was much softer/looser than expected because of all the rain and flooding on so-cal. dont kid yourself, the Badgers defense was falling all over itself in that game as well and they wore adidas. maybe it wasnt as evident with Wisconsin because their style of offense. (receivers cant slip on routes when they're blocking)

all im saying is... these teams have been wearing the same cleats for a while now. i agree, you can blame the equip. managers for not screwing in longer studs to begin with... but i think its pretty much an issue you will always have when teams play on an unfamiliar/neutral field. especially BCS games when the stadiums and fields are unavailable to teams beforehand.

that said... didnt see much slipping in the 2nd half... in the Rose Bowl, or the title game. so, props to the equip managers for making adjustments?

really tho, i just think people make too much out of this. hundreds of players have been wearing Vapors all season... in pro and college. if it were a real issue, the teams/players would switch up.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Baydestrian408

anyone know when they will drop on ndc?

I did a Nikechat with a rep, and they are researching and getting back to me. Seems like a few days before the 24th is when they will drop on NDC. They are going to email me when they find more info (1-2 days).

Hoping they hit Swoosh
pimp.gif
talked to a rep and she said she saw them in the system but does not know when they will release.. she said to keep checking back

Back
Top Bottom