NFL/NCAA Feet & Gear: '13-'14 Seasons Football Equipment/Cleats/Gloves/Jerseys etc.

Which is the better cleat?

Nike vapor talon elite low

Nike vapor pro td low

Talon. Both are decent cleats imo. I find them to be too stiff compared to the carbon elites. After using lows for the last 5 seasons, im going back to mids. I bought the CJ81 elites. Havent used them yet cause the season doesnt start till around may, but I tried them on at home and they feel great. I can tell already that mid strap will make a hell of a difference.

I personally like the vapor talon elites. I tried both on instore and I got more of a tight fit with a good feel of the ground. For me that's what was comfortable for me. The pros are more flexible with the material but the plate hurt the middle of my feet. I had a friend who preferred the pro's over the elites saying that the elite's didn't have enough padding. So to each his own, I would definitely recommend trying on both to find your fit.

I see that in the NFL some players wear the elites and some wear the pros.

vapor jet gloves fam

These don't look like the Vapor Flys...new Nike line coming out next year?

460816225_10.jpg
460816289_10.jpg
You sure those are the Vapor Jets?  Kap's gloves have a swoosh that seems to be directly in the middle of the hand, while the Vapor Jet 2.0s have a swoosh below the pointer finger.  These look different.

Damn, I don't visit this thread for 2 weeks and I miss out...eastbay doesn't have the carbon elites in size 9, anyone know where else I might be able to cop them?

Damn, I don't visit this thread for 2 weeks and I miss out...eastbay doesn't have the carbon elites in size 9, anyone know where else I might be able to cop them?

Richard's should still have some sizes but it's not showing up right now. Maybe try phone order. If they're out, NDC should have more in stock come the 27th... or so they say.

Richard's should still have some sizes but it's not showing up right now. Maybe try phone order. If they're out, NDC should have more in stock come the 27th... or so they say.

Thanks - actually I just went to the niketown in NYC, they said they should have them on Mon as well. Also saw the Super Bowl gloves (they've got tons on sale), and I can confirm they're $150. Total pass if you ask me, the ones in the box weren't winterized at all.

Were they the vapor jet 3.0s or the vapor shield gloves? Vapor shield's are the winterized ones that come out on the 27th. Nike's crazy tryna sell gloves for $150 cause of a damn box and a logo on the palm. I don't even know if I would want to play in gloves I paid $150 for.

Were they the vapor jet 3.0s or the vapor shield gloves? Vapor shield's are the winterized ones that come out on the 27th. Nike's crazy tryna sell gloves for $150 cause of a damn box and a logo on the palm. I don't even know if I would want to play in gloves I paid $150 for.

Ah, they were the Vapor Jet 3.0s. They had other gloves below them on the rack that weren't in boxes, but looked more like sideline gloves than gloves you'd use to play in so I didn't really look closely at those. But yeah, $150 is insane for gloves. I don't have a team, but even $100 for team gloves seemed pretty damn steep to me.

Ah, they were the Vapor Jet 3.0s. They had other gloves below them on the rack that weren't in boxes, but looked more like sideline gloves than gloves you'd use to play in so I didn't really look closely at those. But yeah, $150 is insane for gloves. I don't have a team, but even $100 for team gloves seemed pretty damn steep to me.
$150 is crazy for gloves. If I had the money to buy them I'd never even open the box. It's absolutely ridiculous that the price of the Vapor Jet 3.0 gloves and the Nike Vapor Carbon Elite 2014 are the same price. I bought the cleats because $150 for cleats is steep but reasonable.

I play flag year round on 2-4 teams a season. Cleats will last me quite a while cause I got 2-3 pairs I like to rotate. I rotate through some of my gloves too. Went through my vapor jets 1.0 in 3/4 a season (pinky ripped off), the 2.0s in a season and a half, vapor flys I've only worn for one season (not a huge fan of them), vapor carbons are still good after two seasons. I really want these vapor shields tho... I'll pay $75 for them, but if the 3.0s are going for $150 I doubt these will be cheaper.

I ordered a pair of cleats off Nike ID and still haven't received them... Its been over a month and still says in progress :stoneface:

Thanks - actually I just went to the niketown in NYC, they said they should have them on Mon as well. Also saw the Super Bowl gloves (they've got tons on sale), and I can confirm they're $150. Total pass if you ask me, the ones in the box weren't winterized at all.

Got more sizes on eastbay in case you don't think they'll carry them... At least you can get $20 of free stuff using LKS137C2

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH#sku=31425004&size=09.5

Just saw this on Nike's Instagram. Legion of Boom wearing the Jordan 6 cleats. Hopefully they come out to us soon.

thats earl thomas he is sponsored by jordan, he has been wearing those throughout the playoffs, crabtree was wearing those against carolina 2 weeks ago as well...

Last edited:
Smh people on eBay selling the vapor jet 3.0 gloves for 200 dollars [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128562[/emoji]

Anyway we see some of this pro bowl stuff for sale? Would love some of that orange[emoji]128525[/emoji]

Anyway we see some of this pro bowl stuff for sale? Would love some of that orange[emoji]128525[/emoji]
I would also like to see some of that orange. I also just saw these, just so everyone knows ahead of time I know they are probably fakes but would cool to see. Nike Kobe 9 cleats. good competitor for the Under Armour Highlight MC if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom