NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it realistic that Zach Wilson is done as a starting qb after this season if he doesn’t show any type of upside or improvement the last two games (if he’s even the starter for said final two games).

Like I know when you invest the 2nd pick on a guy. They’re going to get more of a leash and the team is going to give them chances to figure it out. But if it’s clear he’s not making progress, the team is performing better with anyone that’s not him, and said player also has an incident like he did with the media after that Patriots game. At what point do you take that L when you have a team that has the potential to be solid with just so much as average qb play.

Is it realistic that Zach Wilson is done as a starting qb after this season if he doesn’t show any type of upside or improvement the last two games (if he’s even the starter for said final two games).

Like I know when you invest the 2nd pick on a guy. They’re going to get more of a leash and the team is going to give them chances to figure it out. But if it’s clear he’s not making progress, the team is performing better with anyone that’s not him, and said player also has an incident like he did with the media after that Patriots game. At what point do you take that L when you have a team that has the potential to be solid with just so much as average qb play.
I think Ryan Leaf had like 2 years before Doug Flutie came over and replaced him. Yeah it could happen if you play as bad as this consistently.

I'd move on. Probably a lot of mechanics behind it and might need ownership to sign off, but if I'm Saleh, there's no way I'd want Zach back. Coaching tenures and the window for good teams (aside from a few organizations) are small unless you get it right. Wilson ain't it.

Literally any QB, but Zach>>>>>>>>>>>>
NAHHHHHH..... That ain't what you said though

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 9.50.15 PM.png

I had this one saved :lol:

No more Lawrence slander sir! 🤝

I'd move on. Probably a lot of mechanics behind it and might need ownership to sign off, but if I'm Saleh, there's no way I'd want Zach back. Coaching tenures and the window for good teams (aside from a few organizations) are small unless you get it right. Wilson ain't it.

I agree. That whole I didn’t let the defense down stunt he pulled after the Patriots game was a real bad look too. It’s one thing to not have it performance wise. But your teammates will generally rock with you if you’re putting the effort in, taking accountability, and being a good teammate even if it’s not translating over on the field.

There were certain throws Zach can still make that made people get hype… the problem he’s had is comp %, third downs, overall efficiency, and his personality or game demeanor doesn’t inspire his teammates. It’s a lesson not to get hyped on someone’s ability to throw a deep dime off his back foot without factoring in everything else. I was impressed too.

I think Ryan Leaf had like 2 years before Doug Flutie came over and replaced him. Yeah it could happen if you play as bad as this consistently.

He had 3 seasons, I want to say he missed all of his 2nd season and the Chargers were 8-8 that year. They went 5-11 his rookie year and 1-15 his 3rd season. But I do remember it being a big deal when they brought Flutie in and ended up drafting Tomlinson and Brees that year as well.

that defense must be soooo pissed....if the offense showed up doubt the jags even get to 19 points, nonetheless 20 points get the jets a W at home....yikes

so much talent on this jets team......sucks for them

damn add another team to the competition that might go after my boy danny dimes

could see them go after Aaron

but end of day why not mike white if he comes back and ends strong,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom