NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPR = automatically intubated

If heart is not beating, brain has no blood flow and thus breathing center stops.

Doesn’t mean he’s “brain dead”

You’ve seen it in movies. A boy drowns, they start chest compressions and give a couple breathes via mouth to mouth.

Now imagine you don’t have to do mouth to mouth and just have a tube do it so you can focus on the chest compressions. (They prob intubated him on the field)

So they had to get a lawyer to write a statement…. A statement to say, yeah we gave emergency medical care…. Then they could postpone it

Blunt cardiac injury (BCI) refers to injury sustained due to blunt trauma to the heart. The manifestations of such range from clinically silent, transient arrhythmias to deadly cardiac wall rupture

arrhythmia = abnormal/irregular heartbeat, treated by an AED

Because the heart is well encompassed within the bony thorax comprised of ribs and sternum, it requires significant force to cause BCI. This is seen most frequently in motor vehicle crashes and cases of pedestrians struck by motor vehicles. Other mechanisms, such as falls, crush injuries, assault, and sports related injuries with direct blows to the chest also contribute

only explanation IMO. praying for Damar :frown:

I'm in here, you guys faster than Google. 3 people quoted inside a minute. I'm toggling here and Twitter for info.

I think googling the acronyms is pretty fast; however, I get it. NT is legit with the info...look how many dudes who never/rarely post in here that are coming thru with solid info...be it by personal experience or profession. Nothing wrong with asking the question to start the dialogue, imo.

This **** is sad though. Poor guy. Quick as ever response though, so I pray that's the saving grace.

I’m old enough to remember LT breaking Joe Theissman leg on MNF.
I never thought I would see a player in two different sports, get CPR on the field. Two yrs apart

Never seen anything like this live. Closest thing I can remember was Owen Hart’s fall, and I saw that after the fact.

No lie, I had a similar thought about this situation as well.

Big difference was we didn't actually see Owen fall (thankfully) but when Damar got up and then immediately collapsed you knew something was really wrong. :frown:

rewatched the replay and the blow/force Higgins threw into Hamlin was vicious. Seen it happen thousands of times but this is just so unlucky smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom