NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
69CDAFC4-3C7D-45AD-BCC2-BA85EE0A8CCB.jpeg

1678646338287.gif

If I were to squint.......

Rams just paid Stafford last year.........
Now have cut Floyd, traded Ramsey and lookin to trade Robinson as well.....

And Ramsey dealt to a team with........a Rookie QB deal.

That deal has allowed us to have Terron Armstead, Tyreek Hill, Bradley Chubb, and Jalen Ramsey all added in 11 months........

Or we could just have Lamar Jackson. Easy call, imo.

Does a QB contract count differently against the cap? Money is money.

Dolphins have recently traded premium draft capital for two receivers, an edge rusher, and now a DB. Gave a huge deal to one receiver and guaranteed the remaining years on Ramsey's deal.

Interested to see if the Dolphins will have to make some tough decisions if they decide to give Tua a big extension. Should be an easy call to extend the young star QB but iono. Iono.

Does a QB contract count differently against the cap? Money is money.

Dolphins have recently traded premium draft capital for two receivers, an edge rusher, and now a DB. Gave a huge deal to one receiver and guaranteed the remaining years on Ramsey's deal.

Interested to see if the Dolphins will have to make some tough decisions if they decide to give Tua a big extension. Should be an easy call to extend the young star QB but iono. Iono.

They will all be gone by the time they have to pay Tua, or......Tua will be replaced by a new rookie QB deal.

5 year windows. This is year 4.

The Jags are about to start doing similar moves. The Eagles did it last year. Bengals and Chargers should follow suit very soon.

If I were to squint.......

Rams just paid Stafford last year.........
Now have cut Floyd, traded Ramsey and lookin to trade Robinson as well.....

And Ramsey dealt to a team with........a Rookie QB deal.

That deal has allowed us to have Terron Armstead, Tyreek Hill, Bradley Chubb, and Jalen Ramsey all added in 11 months........

Or we could just have Lamar Jackson. Easy call, imo.
Stafford was already not on a rookie deal when they acquired him AND he isn’t elite. They had to load up around him just to have a shot at that SB, which obviously wasn’t sustainable in the long run.

I don’t really even see why you’re comparing the two other than your own narrative :lol:

tua like burrow and Herbert are eligible for extensions now..

they just decided to give him his 5th year option, which means he has 2 years left on his rookie deal.. ain’t like this is 2nd or 3rd year, going be his 4th

tua like burrow and Herbert are eligible for extensions now..

they just decided to give him his 5th year option, which means he has 2 years left on his rookie deal.. ain’t like this is 2nd or 3rd year, going be his 4th
And he’s being slow played on the extension because of health concerns. It’s not like they’ve decided to manage this situation in a decidedly different way than the Bengals or Chargers.

Stafford was already not on a rookie deal when they acquired him AND he isn’t elite. They had to load up around him just to have a shot at that SB, which obviously wasn’t sustainable in the long run.

I don’t really even see why you’re comparing the two other than your own narrative :lol:

You're right......he was at the end of his Detroit deal. He got paid after the SB. Less than a calendar year later they're wiping the deck.

Hell, I forgot about Wagner too. So that's Floyd, Wagner, Ramsey and still to come ARob. But Staff got what, 4/160 just 1 year ago?

Coincidence I guess. Prolly random.

The Rams literally won the Super Bowl. They had a parade & everything.

Their plan worked.
Was just thinking…

They legit rolled the dice and won no matter how you slice it.

Won it all during their early time back in L.A while the Super Bowl was hosted at their home stadium.

They had a plan and it worked.

Unfortunately, rams still have too much talent to be able to tank for Caleb.

But we have first round picks now. They won’t be able to do the type of moves that helped them win it. Having guys like Goff and Gurley on rookie contracts helped them.

writing was on the wall but that return :stoneface:

The nfl salary cap rules are gibberish but from what I can tell 19.6 dead cap this season so I guess the true savings are having his contract off the books for 24 and 25

Thanks for the memories Jalen

#CrashForCaleb :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom