NFL OFF-SEASON THREAD 2022-23: FanDuel getting everybody hemmed up. ESPN went Kamikaze. We in that dead zone of the year y’all.

How much will that Lamar brick go for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont bet on the nfl, Don't gamble at your team facility, while traveling for a road game or staying at a team hotel, Dont let people bet for you, Dont give away inside info, and dont play daily fantasy football. THIS particular issue seems like an easy one to avoid.

it’s easily avoidable..

but so should insider trading or the various conflicts that arise and are ignored in legal situations, as I mentioned above things I am much more concerned about

but I don’t see why once certain situations are avoided and set rules are followed, players couldnt be allowed to partake

but for me, I look at what stephen Ross did vs what calvin Ridley did in 2 completely different stratospheres.. what calvin Ridley did was stupid but I could see why a dude would think it was ok give his circumstances, still stupid.. what Stephen ross did was a whole other level and you’d have to start questioning the entire thing given the ramifications if it was a common practice

1687996582239.gif

it’s easily avoidable..

but so should insider trading or the various conflicts that arise and are ignored in legal situations, as I mentioned above things I am much more concerned about

but I don’t see why once certain situations are avoided and set rules are followed, players couldnt be allowed to partake

but for me, I look at what stephen Ross did vs what calvin Ridley did in 2 completely different stratospheres.. what calvin Ridley did was stupid but I could see why a dude would think it was ok give his circumstances, still stupid.. what Stephen ross did was a whole other level and you’d have to start questioning the entire thing given the ramifications if it was a common practice

Yeah Ross was WILDING!

Teams and media literally use the word “tanking” in all major sports.

Teams sit healthy players, teams sit or freeze out players who need certain statistical numbers to avoid giving players bonuses.

Tanking affects gambling as well but no one cares

they really need to start including the names/teams of guys for these notifications that pop up for guys gambling and getting suspensions

Yeah Ross was WILDING!

Teams and media literally use the word “tanking” in all major sports.

Teams sit healthy players, teams sit or freeze out players who need certain statistical numbers to avoid giving players bonuses.

Tanking affects gambling as well but no one cares

I mean you can do stuff that decrease your chances of winning but any given week some shh can happen, see the Texans winning that one game

but you had an owner outright offering money to a coach to throw games

meanwhile I look at the ridley thing as just being stupid.. but I could see how dude given his circumstances thought he was outside the questionable stuff.. not saying it wasn’t stupid, but I see the innocence in his logic

meanwhile I look at the ridley thing as just being stupid.. but I could see how dude given his circumstances thought he was outside the questionable stuff.. not saying it wasn’t stupid, but I see the innocence in his logic
Ridley had himself to blame. Even if he bet on his own team to win the public perception could be that he as a player has inside information on the opponent. Doesn’t have to be true. Aside from having a direct impact on the game itself, it isn’t a reach to assume NFL personnel have more immediate access to more info than the general public. That’s too slippery a slope for the NFL with billions on the line from gambling.

As for player suspensions for betting on other sports… My employer doesn’t permit gambling when I’m on the clock and my job has nothing to do with sports. Seems like a standard code of conduct clause for any professional setting. Just wait until you get home.

Ridley had himself to blame. Even if he bet on his own team to win the public perception could be that he as a player has inside information on the opponent. Doesn’t have to be true. Aside from having a direct impact on the game itself, it isn’t a reach to assume NFL personnel have more immediate access to more info than the general public. That’s too slippery a slope for the NFL with billions on the line from gambling.

As for player suspensions for betting on other sports… My employer doesn’t permit gambling when I’m on the clock and my job has nothing to do with sports. Seems like a standard code of conduct clause for any professional setting. Just wait until you get home.

I know he has himself to blame

just saying I could see the innocence of the thought process of how it went down.. he was away from the team and figured he could just act like anyone else, which obviously isn’t the case.. still stupid but he wouldn’t be the first young dude to act stupidly based off of an assumption and thinking of larger ramifications of his actions in spite of how small his actual actions were

- 20 yrs
- 13x Pro Bowl
- 1x All-Pro
- 1x SB Champ
- 1x SB MVP
- 2x Off POY
- 172-114 record
- 80358 yds, 571 TD, 243 INT

- 20 yrs
- 11x Pro Bowl
- 3x All-Pro
- 1x SB Champ