NFL Regular Season Thread 2019-2020: The Brazen Bahamian Battles Over Eli’s Legacy Til He’s Blue In The Face

Can someone please just move my Browns so i can move on from them? All i can hope is this works but the team is ran by a baseball analytics guy which did not even lead to a world series win. Now we hire the youngest GM who was part of the worst stretch of losing (1-31) in sports. Football not that hard, why do Browns always gotta be the Browns?

tbh, i dont think many folks would question you for rooting for another team after years of being a browns' fan. and i think this unique to long time browns' fans. outside of that franchise, i can't think of another NFL team that has consistently put out a below-mediocre product and consistently kicked its fans in the face.

but then again, part of the high from sport's fandom is "being in the mud" with a team before their success.

tbh, i dont think many folks would question you for rooting for another team after years of being a browns' fan. and i think this unique to long time browns' fans. outside of that franchise, i can't think of another NFL team that has consistently put out a below-mediocre product and consistently kicked its fans in the face.

but then again, part of the high from sport's fandom is "being in the mud" with a team before their success.

The Jets would like a word.

i'm glad dude got the job as a young black dude and only the 2nd black current GM (think i saw the dolphins GM is black too)

but i cant name not a single thing dude did in his 11 months with the eagles.. didnt even know the name until this process

If I'm a GM I'm not to sure if I want to have anything to do with Rivers other than a back up role. It wasn't like Brady, who was stuck with a bunch of nobodies to throw too. He had Gordon, Eckler, Allen, Williams and Henry. Rivers had weapons around him but it seems like to me his skills are diminishing.

Yeah Rivers doesn't care anymore and just wants to be a family man at this point. I cant blame him. Plus his skills are diminishing and deteriorating at a rapid pace. If he was going to have any chance of going to a Superbowl finally it was last season. Its over now.

Geez...it’s going to be hard watching O’Brien try to put a team together. If any team need an actual GM badly, it was the Texans.

Guy was a play away from being fired and gets promoted, what a mistake

Y’all know NFL teams don’t officially retire a number like a damn decade. They won’t give out either.

Guy was a play away from being fired and gets promoted, what a mistake

Y’all know NFL teams don’t officially retire a number like a damn decade. They won’t give out either.

I mean it depends on the team

jimmy obviously still ain’t in the cowboys ring of honor

We retired dawks that next season after he retired that offseason

I mean it depends on the team

jimmy obviously still ain’t in the cowboys ring of honor

We retired dawks that next season after he retired that offseason

Most teams don't retire a number for a while, not sure why but that's how it is in football. They usually unofficially retire it and not give it out to anyone and then make it official. I read an article about it years ago on Uni Watch. MLB and NBA aren't like that, just the NFL. I was supposed they announced Eli's number so fast. I thought that would happen in 5-10 years.

Most teams don't retire a number for a while, not sure why but that's how it is in football. They usually unofficially retire it and not give it out to anyone and then make it official. I read an article about it years ago on Uni Watch. MLB and NBA aren't like that, just the NFL. I was supposed they announced Eli's number so fast. I thought that would happen in 5-10 years.

depends on the team and the player.. as I said above, only reason the Eli thing was weird to me was because they usually wait for like the 2nd or 3rd home game so you get a whole big celebration

i thought texans should have fired bill, instead they make him GM? yikes....some great QBs just get cursed for their entire careers.....sorry watson

i thought texans should have fired bill, instead they make him GM? yikes....some great QBs just get cursed for their entire careers.....sorry watson

Yea I thought he should of been fired maybe two years ago. He’s not that good.

Back
Top Bottom