NFL Super Bowl & Season In Review....

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by JPZx

-Will the Vikings make the playoffs with Favre gone?
We were the #3 seed in the NFC last year with Tarvaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte as our QBs.

I don't see why not....
The Vikings are solid but I just can't see them getting any better without Favre..In fact they'll regress.. 
We'll make the playoffs...but I feel like this year was a huge blown opportunity.
smh.gif

I think we'll have somewhat of a down year, unless we get a stud QB via trade, or Brett comes back...even if he does, I don't expect him to have as good a year as he had.

- ADRIAN PETERSON has A LOT of work to do this summer.
tired.gif

- Props to the Saints. I didn't think they'd pull it off, but they did. Awesome performance in the SB.

- Already looking forward to next year.

I said early on with Favre Super Bowl or bust...Bust! It was fun, but bust!

AP pisses me off

Childress...
smh.gif

Not a successful season to me...Sorry JP, because I too, feel like it was a blown oppurtunity. If now this year, when?

Originally Posted by Air273

Eli Manning is the only Manning* that can say he never lost a super bowl, Eli will have more rings than Peyton book it!

Eli is way way more cool, calm, and collective than big bro
I hope to see a giants colts super bowl soon

*well archie can say it also haha  

I have to say the Colts coach is not ready for primetime.....end of 1st half calls were bad(who ever made them) running on 3rd down.........and going for the 52 FG very bad call.....also WRs had 3 big drops 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know you don't belong in this thread because you called Caldwell "The Colts Coach". I'm not even gonna waste my time and write a thesis on why you are a borderline ******. 

Well, Damn it I was terribly wrong
laugh.gif
Congrats to the Saints on their 1st SB.

Peyton and the cupcake Colts D
smh.gif

- The Leno/Letterman commercial
laugh.gif

Congrats to the Saints

As a Houston fan it was a bitter/sweet year, we made strides, but didnt make the playoffs
smh.gif
smh.gif
it was in our hands.....

its funny cause we hang with/beat teams that we shouldnt and lose to teams we should beat...

I hope we make some strides this offseason and dont move away too much from what we been doin (we need another WR, a brusin RB and some secondary help )

i HATE livin in NJ just cause the strength that NY is right there, all you hear about is Jets/Giants and their bandwagon fans...
smh.gif
smh.gif

On the Superbowl

- First off, congrats to the Saints and the city of New Orleans. 
- That INT was on Wayne, not Manning. 
- Caldwell's playcalling was awful. On the other hand, Payton's was on point

- I had a feeling like the Colts D would finally fall apart. 

- Commercials for the most part were 
ohwell.gif

- I'm happy the Colts lost because dude must feel like an idiot getting the Colts roster tattooed on him this afternoon on NFL Countdown 
laugh.gif

On the Season

- Disappointing season to say the least for me as a Bears fan. Cutler gets all the blame but the O-Line gave him no time to throw nor holes for Forte to run through.

- Highlight of my year had to be the way Favre went out. Again. 
pimp.gif

- As a Michigan student and fan, glad to see Chuck play so well this season. Although him getting the DPOY is controversial, I think it's well deserved. Take it as a grain of salt though, I'm obviously biased.

- If you told me at the beginning of the year that the Giants and Steelers weren't gonna make the playoffs and the Cowboys win a playoff game, I woulda just laughed hysterically.

- Gonna be an interesting off season to say the least. Uncapped year, wanna see where this goes.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I said early on with Favre Super Bowl or bust...Bust! It was fun, but bust!

AP pisses me off

Childress...
smh.gif

Not a successful season to me...Sorry JP, because I too, feel like it was a blown oppurtunity. If now this year, when?
Agreed with everything you said fam.

In not this year, when? In my lifetime, we've been to 3 NFC Championships, and we've flopped or choked in all 3.
smh.gif

smh.gif
@ me ... i can't even go to work ... damn shame i'm taking this loss like this ...

even though this was a team loss .... huge stain on my son's legacy

now i try to guess what vikes fans feel like ...

i mean the colts score 7 pts from the 2nd -4th qrtr ... sounds like a choke job until u realize the drop by garcon ... but peyton gotta catch the ball 2 ... then the saints milk the clock and turn it over on down ... colts have 3rd and 1 ... its a running situation ... but yeh peyton runs and blocks too ... then they are supposed to get the ball to start the half but its an onsides kick ... oh yeh ... peyton plays special teams ... then he gets the ball and he goes down and score ... then the saints score again ... and then they miss a fg ... b/c on 2nd and 12 the colts have HUGE PLAY LINED UP FOR COLLIE AND HE RUNS OUTSIDE WHEN HE HAD 3 BLOCKERS COMING TO HELP INSTEAD OF CUTTING INSIDE ... so so far this is all on peyton manning though ...

yall need to try to be objective ... then he makes the pass which is debatable ... on the play you throw the ball to a spot ... and his man got beat ... blame reggie / blame peyton ... but great ones benefit from solid team play ... and then for extra salt on the wound ... reggie drops the td on 4th and goal

just disgusting ... @ the end of the game the colts still had a chance but the ones acting like peyton choked is a joke

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

smh.gif
@ me ... i can't even go to work ... damn shame i'm taking this loss like this ...

even though this was a team loss .... huge stain on my son's legacy

Word.

I felt like Indy played too conservative when we had the lead. We shoulda really went at their necks.

Even though he was getting rushed, I thought Peyton was playing pretty decent. He wasn't super comfortable but I didn't see him as rattled.

-We knew that the DBs would be in trouble....and it happened. I just wish Bethea or Sessions woulda grabbed a pick when we had the chance
smh.gif

Statistically, Saints had the ball for like a minute longer...but it felt like an hour. We couldn't get them off the field.

I'm somewhat glad we didn't go for a perfect season now that we lost...it just sucks.

Time for an entire off-season of nonsense now.

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Did anyone peep the announcers comparing Rodgers and Young during the the probowl?
You packer fans are hella lame.
1st you compare rodgers to favre, now y'all are comparing him to steve young?!
Stop comparing him to all of these other players, he's still a young player in the NFL, let him establish a unique legacy for gods sake.

and saying hella isnt LAME?

Game was great a real nail-biter that first half.

SP aka Frankie Muniz showing his +#* with that onside kick!

Drew carved that secondary out.

Overall it was a team performance from the Offense to the Defense to the Special Teams.

And it was crazy last night fools out on the roofs dancing and !+*# while driving. That was the best bumper to bumper traffic I ever been in.

Black & Gold won the Superbowl
pimp.gif

And on a side note has anyone seen this...

Super Bowl. Obama is the 44th President. There are 44 days from Christmas to the Super Bowl. The Saints franchise is 44 years old. On Super Bowl Sunday it will be 4 years and 4 months since Katrina.......The Saints won in 4 minutes and 44 seconds of overtime.......

laugh.gif

I'm looking forward to the draft, but why is it on 3 nights? Lame. The 2 day weekend is awesome and I bet the last night won't even draw even a fraction of either of the first two nights.

Big moves coming too... LT to the Saints or Texans? TO to the Bengals? McNabb to Arizona or Minny? Vick?

.FO_ASchatz According to DVOA ratings, entire difference in his game was special teams. Ratings to run at FO later tonight.
http://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz
FO_ASchatz For all the Manning-haters: Peyton has 3 of top 4 DYAR games in playoff history (incl. AFCC this year) and 5 of top 15
FO_ASchatz To further commenton special teams as the real difference in this game, I point out thatPeyton Manning does not play special teams.

What the hell is a DYAR and DVOA?

You're always referring to some random %+$ stats.

Anyway, Giants... a very disappointing season, hopefully we make dramatic changes in our defense this offseason.  It's been a huge let down since the SB run.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

.FO_ASchatz According to DVOA ratings, entire difference in his game was special teams. Ratings to run at FO later tonight.
FO_ASchatz For all the Manning-haters: Peyton has 3 of top 4 DYAR games in playoff history (incl. AFCC this year) and 5 of top 15
FO_ASchatz To further commenton special teams as the real difference in this game, I point out thatPeyton Manning does not play special teams.

Here's an easier stat. 9 and 9.

That's his record in the playoffs. Not that great IMO. He's a stat stuffer. Brady and Big Ben are better than Peyton. They have done more with less.

Teams go 9 and 9 indivudials don't.

DYAR, is yards adjusted for the quality of the defense, above a replacement level player.
So Peyton gets more credit for dissecting one of the best passingdefenses in the past 10 years (Jets) then Drew bres does forobliterating a weak defense like the cardinals.

DVOA.

Let's say, for example, that Anquan Boldin catches a pass on third-and-15 and goes 50 yards but gets tackled twoyards from the goal line, and then Tim Hightower takes the ball onfirst-and-goal from the two-yard line and plunges in for the score. Or,let's say that the Cardinals are playing the Falcons. The Falcons takea touchback on the opening kickoff, and the Carolina defense stuffs theFalcons running game twice, and on third-and-10 Matt Ryan throws theball into the arms of Adrian Wilson, who gets taken down by MichaelTurner at the two-yard line. Then on the ensuing first-and-goal,Hightower scores a touchdown.
Has Hightower done something special? Not really. When an offensegets the ball on first-and-goal at the two-yard line, they are going toscore a touchdown five out of six times. In the first situation,Hightower is getting the credit that primarily belongs to the passinggame. In the second situation, Hightower is getting the credit thatprimarily belongs to the defense.
In a nutshell? Basically it's performance, adjusted for the quality of opponents and measured against the average expectation of similar situations.

A positive DVOA represents that the offense is more likely toscore, and a negative DVOA represents that the defense is more likelyto stop them. This is why the best offenses have positive DVOA ratings and the best defenses have negative DVOA ratings.Ratings for teams generally follow that scale, with the bestbeing around 30% and the worst being around -30% (opposite for defense).

Eagles season in review...

I can't wait for Stewart Bradley to come back.  The LB corps been banged up all season since he went down in training camp.  Jeremiah Trotter...please retire now.

We need a pass rusher opposite of Trent Cole.  Julius Peppers, I see you?

We need CB, OLB, and FS help as well.  Defense has allowed too many passing TDs, especially from TEs.

Brent Celek.  Keep on trucking.  You've established yourself as a legitimate TE and weapon for McNabb.

DeSean Jackson had a great sophomore season.  Dude stepped it up big time.  Now the question is how he will get the extension he wants pending negotiations between the league and the players union.

Jason Avant and Leonard Weaver also had hell of a year.  Now let's try to get those guys new deals.

This could be the end for Westbrook in Philly.  Two concussions in the span of four weeks this season, numerous injuries in his career and approaching his 30s...LeSean McCoy has filled in solidly for dude. 

It'll be interesting to see where Mike Vick ends up this offseason.  We might try to pick up his option in case Donovan goes down again.  After all, I'm blessed he finally had the opportunity to reestablish himself and play again in the NFL after all the mess he's gone into with the dogfighting/gambling ring.  Keep the hate/criticism coming, though.

Never heard of DYAR and DVOA.  I feel like learning something new from Osh Kosh Bosh.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Teams go 9 and 9 indivudials don't.

DYAR, is yards adjusted for the quality of the defense, above a replacement level player.
So Peyton gets more credit for dissecting one of the best passingdefenses in the past 10 years (Jets) then Drew bres does forobliterating a weak defense like the cardinals.

DVOA.

Let's say, for example, that Anquan Boldin catches a pass on third-and-15 and goes 50 yards but gets tackled twoyards from the goal line, and then Tim Hightower takes the ball onfirst-and-goal from the two-yard line and plunges in for the score. Or,let's say that the Cardinals are playing the Falcons. The Falcons takea touchback on the opening kickoff, and the Carolina defense stuffs theFalcons running game twice, and on third-and-10 Matt Ryan throws theball into the arms of Adrian Wilson, who gets taken down by MichaelTurner at the two-yard line. Then on the ensuing first-and-goal,Hightower scores a touchdown.
Has Hightower done something special? Not really. When an offensegets the ball on first-and-goal at the two-yard line, they are going toscore a touchdown five out of six times. In the first situation,Hightower is getting the credit that primarily belongs to the passinggame. In the second situation, Hightower is getting the credit thatprimarily belongs to the defense.
In a nutshell? Basically it's performance, adjusted for the quality of opponents and measured against the average expectation of similar situations.

A positive DVOA represents that the offense is more likely toscore, and a negative DVOA represents that the defense is more likelyto stop them. This is why the best offenses have positive DVOA ratings and the best defenses have negative DVOA ratings.Ratings for teams generally follow that scale, with the bestbeing around 30% and the worst being around -30% (opposite for defense).
2dmfbzp.jpg

Steelers should be back in the mix next year, too talented to have such an average year
Manning joins Brady, Elway, Farve, Unitas (*), Marino and others as great QBs that have lost the big game
Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman are 11-0, those are the clutch QBs in SB era
Huge offseason for the future if this game
NFL continues to make it harder and harder in the D. If I want it to look like college fball I'll just watch it

Craftsys quote continues to be taken out if context, but at this point it is NT lore

Back
Top Bottom