NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

anyone see that pro bowl CB for the deadskins drop ANOTHER INT?
OK we get it
eyes.gif

bengals weak
nate needs 2 learn how 2 go outta bounds. alex smith shud be benched already
glad lt iz back 2 playin lika beast.
hope mike vick gets betta cus kolb iz weaksauce
bears betta hope dey finda new qb cus jay culter looks like he gna be a frequent er patient lol
raiders wrs plz catch da DAMN ball cuz bruce gv ya good looks smh

Bigmike23 wrote:
-still trying to figure out how 49er fans thought Alex Smith was the answer.
-Most 49ers fans on the street and the stadium, and internet believe Alex Smith is a bum. 
-The 49ers fans you hear having faith in Alex Smith and giving excuses on his poor play are the vocal internet fans on message boards who still will find excuses for him no matter what.  
-Alex Smith fans are actually in the minority, but seem like the majority because you'll always see messages from them (on message boards) finding why Alex Smith failed this time and because they are very vocal on the internet.
-The 49ers are hell bent on showing the NFL that Alex Smith isn't a bust that you also have San Francisco newspapers giving B.S. stories as to why Alex Smith will succeed and will be a top 20 QB.  (Most 49ers fans think actually think otherwise.)  

Originally Posted by blakmn89

bengals weak
bears betta hope dey finda new qb cus jay culter looks like he gna be a frequent er patient lol
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

best post yet ...

-Texans are 3-1
pimp.gif

-Defense is still a problem
-Can't wait to see what kind of impact Cush will have on this defense

NFL
-Titans and Colts lose
pimp.gif

-How do you make Jacksonville's offense look decent? C'mon Indy
-N.O.'s offense just isn't right
-Nate should've just went down after intercepting that pass from Matt
-LT just needed to get healthy
-Sanchez has looked good these past few games
-Nice to see McNabb go back and get a win in Philly
-The NFC West is
laugh.gif
sick.gif

-The Sunday night game was awful

Originally Posted by blakmn89

bengals weak

Gotta be related to Mike somehow......

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Deuce King

--49ers just find new ways to lose the ball game each week now.

--Too bad Donovan F. McNabb couldn't speak up for himself when massa said something against him a few years ago.

--Giants D-Line showed up big time last night.

--Welcome back Jay Culter
laugh.gif

--T.O. showing everyone that he can still play

--Ray Ray leading the charge to beat Pitt.

--The NFC East and West is still wide open.

For who? 
laugh.gif

the  3 teams that are tied

packers....suspect
bears...lulz

hakeem nicks
pimp.gif
pro bowler right now
LT benefiting from the change of scenery and that stellar o line
colts...ruh roh
hopefully vick is ok...day to day i guess but we'll see
desean jackson and maclin need vick back in the lineup...kolb trying to get mccoy and celek 100 rec a piece
cowboys and vikings looked horrible...oh wait nevermind

Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn now ranks as one of the most lopsided trades in the history of the NFL

-49ers
roll.gif

-NFC West might be won at 5-11
laugh.gif

-that Sunday night game was horrible
-Raiders WR & Run Defense was just pathetic
-Bruce
pimp.gif

-Zach Miller 11 catches 122yrds
pimp.gif

-Bay Area Football.............torture

Texans are 3-1 and leadin the division AND we get back Cush next week *its curtains*

30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
@ LT ballin right now

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at #10 being a top 5 WR......

I guess all the rumbles about Mark Sanchez has stopped, figures, fake NY fans and people who dont understand football
laugh.gif
people seem to forget hes in his 2nd year...

Mays
pimp.gif
USC
pimp.gif

That giants/bears game was horrible to watch
sick.gif

Phins gonna lose tonight to the Pats

This season has been pretty
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
so far...

Idk how people think anyone is better than #18, as much as i hate the dude, he is by far the best QB in the NFL..... handsdown....

So far teams for QB in the 2011 Draft....

Jags
49ers
Bills
Eagles
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

- first and foremost, Props to Terrell Owens for having 200+yds receiving
- the Bengals defense is awful
- Joe Flacco played like he was expected to, props to him he needed it
- Philly fans, all that preaching about Kolb being the future during the preseason really are second guessing that now, he sucks
- Can we all just sit back and give some props to Kyle Orton who is KILLING it this season
- Giants defense last night looked like 2007 defense
- The Eagles defense has been very suspect this year
- Kansas City is undefeated...let that marinate
- Colts defense is awful
- Matt Bryant and Josh Scobee...amazing
- the Saints are not the same team as they were last year
- Green Bay's defense needs to step up, they almost lost vs Detroit

oh well...on to week 5

The Jets offense is rollin.  Hello Santonio Holmes.
I actually feel bad for the 49ers.  My dude Mays actually made a play 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Antonio Gates enters the 500 club.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Colts run defense is terrible.

Good to see the Philly fans give McNabb a standing ovation.

-First my Falcons...... White is a damn gamer period
-49ers defense is serious, they got to get a better qb tho...if Taylor doesn't make that punt block recovery td then niners only have 7 points
-Saints defense is not getting those TO that helped them dominate last season, their run game is
sick.gif

-Jets looked impressive vs the bills..but it's the bills
-vick please come back
-bears=suspect
-carson palmer is garbage now
-
laugh.gif
at the colts loss

The nfl is wide open now, cant say who will make the superbowl

I picked the Bengals to win the North, with no knowledge that Palmer & that defense would be this **$$$@# horrible.
sick.gif

Pitt vs Baltimore always delivers, BIG win for Baltimore
San Francisco is pathetic, any chance they get off the snide next week vs Philly?
'Dem Skins'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Was the performance of the Giants D-Line just a mirage? Given the fact that it was against Chicago? They still get credit tho.
laugh.gif
@ How Tennessee lost the game.

I thought Vick's numbers were only good because he didn't play anybody...[table][/table]
Aaron Rodgers vs. the Lions       12/17   181 yards  3tds  2int

Peyton Manning vs. the Jaguars   33/46   352 yards  2tds  1int 

I'm not saying Vick is better than Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers but give credit where credit is due.

-Also Kolb looked horrid. He had all the first team reps during the pre-season and had time to build a rapport with the receivers. There's no excuse for that.

-Singletary and Alex Smith needs to go. The 9ers have so much talent with the right coach and QB the sky is the limit.

Originally Posted by EvansST

I thought Vick's numbers were only good because he didn't play anybody...[table][/table]
Aaron Rodgers vs. the Lions       12/17   181 yards  3tds  2int

Peyton Manning vs. the Jaguars   33/46   352 yards  2tds  1int 

I'm not saying Vick is better than Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers but give credit where credit is due.

Yeah but Manning's  performance wasn't  really  worse  than Vicks when you realize Manning had a better completion %, more yards, less sacks. The  pick was on Elridge

From Peter King's column....

The numbers, and the impact, don't lie.

I realize it might be an unfair day to make the comparison that Kyle Orton's better than Jay Cutler, but I'm not pitting the quarterbacks against each other on the basis of Orton's terrific road performance at Tennessee and on Cutler's feeble and concussed one in New Jersey Sunday night. This is about a body of work -- granted, not a deep body of work, but a 20-game stretch.

In the NFL, a 20-game sample is enough to make a valid comparison. And on the basis of 20 games, it's hard to argue that Chicago got the better of the Jay Cutler-for-Kyle Orton deal. Forget the ancillary parts of the deal; Denver has not drafted well, and I'm not doing this item to get into the value of the two first-round picks and the third-rounder (which turned into Mike Wallace for the Steelers) acquired by Denver in the deal. Denver didn't do a good job with those picks, but I'm just talking Cutler for Orton. And after Orton's 341-yard performance in the 26-20 win over the Titans, I thought it would be a good chance to take a 20-game look at the two passers. I was surprised by what I found.

QB W-L Pct. Yards TD-Int Yards per att. Rating
Orton 10-9 .634 5,221 27-15 7.29 89.1
Cutler 10-10 .615 4,578 33-29 6.97 80.7

Through the first four weeks of the 2010 season, Orton's 1,419 passing yards leads the NFL; Cutler is 507 yards behind him.

As I remember the April 2009 trade, I'll never forget Denver coach Josh McDaniels telling me he wished Cutler just gave him, and his offense, a chance. "He'd have loved it,'' McDaniels said. "I think any quarterback would love it.''

Cutler got the change of scenery he wanted, but he struggled under offensive coordinator Ron Turner last year, and he's being plagued by terrible protection issues under new coordinator Mike Martz this year; he was sacked nine times and suffered a concussion Sunday night against the Giants.

How long will Cutler have Martz to work with? Who knows? Martz doesn't stay in one coordinator's job very long -- two years in Detroit, one in San Francisco and one now in Chicago. Then again, if the Broncos continue to flame out, Denver owner Pat Bowlen could make a change at head coach, but he's likely to give McDaniels at least one more year.

Quarterbacks under McDaniels have to be smart because McDaniels gives them so much latitude to change plays, both in the meeting rooms and on the field. Orton's very quiet, but I've witnessed him (last May) in meetings changing little things to make it easier to recall and call plays.

You'll remember, this was supposed to be a lopsided deal favoring the Bears. It's not every day you have the chance to get a franchise quarterback in his prime, still young enough to give you six or seven seasons. It's still very early, and we don't know if Orton can keep it up. He's going to have Tim Tebow breathing down his neck in a few months, I'd guess. But he's outplaying Cutler right now. When a quarterback is more accurate and has the better average per pass attempt, that means he's moving the chains and getting the ball downfield. Right now, Orton's better at both.

http://sportsillustrated...._king/10/04/week4/1.html

Back
Top Bottom