NFT Art?

From my understanding, NFT isn’t about preventing duplication or altering how we consume digital media. It’s about establishing and tracking ownership of original digital assets.

We are only scratching the surface in terms of application. As for the current state, I think there will always be value in being able to own an original whether it be physical or digital.
What’s stoping someone from coping the code/encryption and saying, “No..THIS is the original!”? Plagiarism is my main concern with this.

Just freestyling here... Think of game developers. Maybe they’ll release a finite number of limited edition expansion packs for a game. Those with the NFT can then use it or sell it. And every transfer of ownership can have a small kickback to the developer. Maybe GME can find a way to establish a resale marketplace for digital game titles?

Again, just trying to throw concepts out there to help people think beyond Top Shot and memes. There’s something here...

As someone who's been looking to take photography more seriously this could be a god send. Minted my first Photo yesterday using the Open Sea App.

there was an initial charge to mint the first being around $40+ at the time (its based on the price of ETH so it varies) & i believe it's free to mint afterwards

Read a bit on the elephant in the room y'all. Just be conscious on what we'll do for money nowadays. I know we all want to make a quick buck, but there's repercussions doing so. Hoping the platforms can move more to a proof-of-stake

Last edited:
Been meaning to check this out

i just wanna know where silva got the hoodie from... as a creative, there's something about scale. seeing monet's water lilies online paled in comparison to seeing the triptych in person. seeing kehinde wiley's work in front of my face, warhol, hebru brantley's work. we can look online all we want, but until you see things in person, you won't get the full concept of the work, that a human did this massive scaled piece of work. there's a reason people cry at the rothko chapel, surrounded by the work from his black period, online/digital art is nice, but it could never give me that feeling, that emotion that allows me to cathect & relate.

what i dont understand is..lets say you have a copy of a photo, you are not the person who took the photograph but you happen to have a copy of the photo. Can't you just make your own NFT with it? and whoever else owns a copy of the photo can do the same. so how do you know which NFT is the original lol im confused

I knew this was coming off the last Budden pod :lol:

In actuality, it probably won’t affect non creators or non collectors. Tbh, I don’t think this is going to take off due to a lack of security. We can’t stop people from duplicating debit cards, how are you going to stop people from duplicating digital images.
Its about the official certificate.

Duplicates without it arent worth the same.

Last edited:
Very helpful read to understand the concept behind NFT: https://justincone.com/posts/nft-skeptics-guide/

what i dont understand is..lets say you have a copy of a photo, you are not the person who took the photograph but you happen to have a copy of the photo. Can't you just make your own NFT with it? and whoever else owns a copy of the photo can do the same. so how do you know which NFT is the original lol im confused

Assuming the photo is taken by a famous photographer, the token would be able to show whether the photo was issued directly by or at least originated from the photographer. Yes you can mint an unofficial copy of a famous photo but it won't be valued anywhere near a copy issued directly from the photographer. Anyone can dig into the metadata to show where the photo came from.

I don't like framing the NFT concept around photos/images because I think it limits our imagination to the other possibilities. At the same time, these NFT art marketplaces are proving the concept that people value verifiable, original authentics - both physical and digital.

First got hip to these once the NBA topshot started to pop off & initially thought these things have no real value to them, but most markets have "no value" outside of what people are willing to value them at.

Also i do agree about the difference between seeing a real art piece up close as opposed to online, however artist are starting to do things with online work that just can't be relicated in the physical that are equally amazing

Can u explain how that works?

I could, but better to hear from the experts. It's basically a ledger that keeps transactions and is extremely difficult to change/disrupt. This prevents tampering.

Here's the simplest video...

Also...

Time to turn in those Nikes for some slides and sharpen up on your BBQ game.

We old out here famb.

Embrace it!
Damn
I’m not even 30 yet but all I wear is slides and just got into BBQing last year.. to top it off I have arthritis in my knee :smh: :lol:

Just buy what you like and want to own that isn't ridiculously expensive. If you like trading cards, go after those packs, if you like Top Shot, go have fun. Don't sit here and drop 50k though and try to make a come up. The idea of NFTs will be here forever, but the prices of these assets are insane.

Back
Top Bottom