NHL '09

I dunno if you guys know much about hockey or whatever, but NHL '09 is a sick game.

Hockey is a sick game in itself. I suggest you guys watch a game or two of hockey and see what you like, but even if you don't watch hockey, check outthis game.

Xbox%20360-nhl09.jpg

best sports game

a couple people in the NHL thread in the sports section tried to get a NT team going but their werent enough people.

This is one I the most realistic sports games I have ever played. The stick/body controls and the shooting are so acurate. Other then the game play mode thegoalie modes and be a pros are really good too. I have been playing this game non stop since I've had it for Ps3. I play online a lot too, but I'malways getting waxed. I have been playing hockey my entire life, idk if that's why I love this game so much, but I do wish Hockey got the respect itdeserves because it does have a mass appeal with the fast pace action, hitting and fights. I always think about this and why hockey doesn't do well. Ithink it has to do a lot with the fact that if you don't understand the game, the puck is too tiny to follow on TV. also I think the fact that most of theplayers come from other countries affects the game too.

i always enjoyed playing hockey video games, but I'm positive I'll never get into the sport, and I haven't purchased a hockey game since waynegretzky's game on n64...and don't plan to any time soon.

I've always thought that hockey video games are similar to soccer video games (i'm a fifa addict) in that its very easy to make a realistic video gameof the two sports, unlike basketball...i love nba2k, but there's a world of improvement that can be made in bball sim.

yeah I went completely off topic, but I'm sure the game is awesome haha.

I was actually debating on buying this game ...im somewhat of a hockey fan. anyone knows if its better then nhl 2k9 and whats some of the good features innhl09 ? i want to know more about this game

I've got 08 and I love it..

As soon as I start this new job next week, FIFA09, NHL09, COD5, and MLB2K9 are gonna be COPPED for the 360.

Anyone who wants to get bodied in NHL or FIFA, lemme know
laugh.gif

has anyone been able to pull off the "Datsyuk deke" in game? i can do it in practice mode but i always screw it up in game.

NHL09 and FIFA09 are the two best games by far.

I'm about to go play it now... If anybody wants to lose, send me a request.... GT: Dante x 71

I haven't played a hockey game in years but I always enjoyed them.. I think im gonna pick this up.. Seems like yall saying the same thing i try to tellpeople about FIFA so it must be hot
laugh.gif

Anyone else find the shootout mode is very difficult?

And I feel like I'm nice with the dekes but I just hate the camera angle

i havent played online in a while but have they fixed that cheap goal where you come in backwards and you quickly turn around and shoot top right or left?

Originally Posted by J1GOKU

i havent played online in a while but have they fixed that cheap goal where you come in backwards and you quickly turn around and shoot top right or left?

No they haven't.

Back
Top Bottom