Night Club Promotions

I just finished school and I'm moving out to Vegas with my cousin in about a month. I go to Vegas 3-4 times a year, love it out there especially the nightlife. I was thinking as a side gig, since I'll be going out all the time anyway is to try to break into being a club promoter.

My question to those club promoters or those that can school me on this subject, how hard is to actually get into club promoting? Is it better as a VIP Host orjust simple club promotions?

Actually any info would help

I've lived in Vegas for just over 4 years. I'm out ALL the time, but don't think I'd promote as a 'side gig.' I'm very wellconnected in the club scene down here, and help my friends promote a decent amount. They take good care of me, when I'm out at their venues, and as well askick me cash at times. The minute it becomes a 'job,' I think I'd hate it. Most of my promoter friends, hate going out now, because they'reforced to do it all the time.

Also, if you're coming from a promotions/marketing background in the nightlife scene from another city? Don't get gassed automatically thinkingyou'll be successful or good at it out here. Keep in mind, Vegas clubs don't 'need' promoters. People are going to club in Vegas, regardless. Iknow SEVERAL people who moved out here with intentions to promote and didn't last but a few months...

I've got plenty more info, if you need. Ask away...

HTH...

you'll probably just end up being those annying @@# people who hand out flyers that get thrown on the ground...EVERYONE is a promoter these days...

Do most of your promoter friends build their guest list around locals or tourists? And which are the hottest clubs right now? I've really only been to TAO,Lavo, XS, Pure, Prive, The Bank and Jet.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

you'll probably just end up being those annying @@# people who hand out flyers that get thrown on the ground...EVERYONE is a promoter these days...
what she said

C'mon man, you're a PROMOTER. You promote to any and everybody you can. If you're preferentially building your lists' around a certainclientele, you're doing it wrong.
laugh.gif

Yeah man, promoting may not be best suited for you. Also, be prepared to get shot down 80+% of the time...

when you're forced to go out and do what these promoters do five days a week it really seems like it gets old after a while

I live in Vegas also, knew someone that pretty much ran Tao he told me it seems like more fun than it is. You gotta have a lot of hustle work ridiculous hoursand be able to talk, he got burnt out after a while says he's happier now.

I hated that, they were EVERYWHERE when I was out there last. Like damn leave me alone

OP, ull have a better bet trying to get in as a bartender at a club. If ur movin out here with no connecs ur just gonna be standing in the lobby of varioushotels asking repeatedly "ladies, guys, u goin to the night club tonight?" 10 feet away from some guy asking the same thing...
its kinda like moving to a new town n bein like "im gonna be a radio dj"

Originally Posted by Princetonchaney

OP, ull have a better bet trying to get in as a bartender at a club. If ur movin out here with no connecs ur just gonna be standing in the lobby of various hotels asking repeatedly "ladies, guys, u goin to the night club tonight?" 10 feet away from some guy asking the same thing...
its kinda like moving to a new town n bein like "im gonna be a radio dj"

TRUTH. Most people who start with no connects will be doing that or standing at the club exit for 6 hours or so, passing out fliers for the next event topeople leaving the club. This goes until about 4am, NO exaggeration.

Back
Top Bottom