Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

This gum bottom is 1000 times better and no slip at all.

FC3F55B1-5F68-4144-AF6B-AC1CBB39E1B1.jpeg
AD6DE766-52A1-45CF-BB64-DF5EAB1B46CC.jpeg
F9AD32B3-4F16-4AE3-9C34-174715EE43C1.jpeg

This gum bottom is 1000 times better and no slip at all.

FC3F55B1-5F68-4144-AF6B-AC1CBB39E1B1.jpeg
AD6DE766-52A1-45CF-BB64-DF5EAB1B46CC.jpeg
F9AD32B3-4F16-4AE3-9C34-174715EE43C1.jpeg

That's good to know. I think that's the way to go for all IDs if you're gonna play in them. I currently play in an ID with gum soles and it's never given me any problems with traction, even on dirty courts. I think the material they use for the gum soles are just much better for performance compared to the regular material they use.

I wonder what they use to make the gum soles that are different. Anyone with technical knowledge on the manufacturing process have any answers?

I’m trying to black out the gold lettering on the CTA pair but a normal marker isn’t working. Not sure what I can use

They prob cleaned his court a little better that day lol

I’ve said it a million times, it comes down to the courts condition for the most part...

That’s why nba players where translucent outsoles all the time.

I wonder what they use to make the gum soles that are different. Anyone with technical knowledge on the manufacturing process have any answers?

Just a different chemical compound while making the rubber.

Gum bottoms are always GOAT status.

Made a boring pair to get XDR soles. It'd be nice if we could get more colors than grey.
fIL1nTn.jpg

Timeline:
Ordered - 8/12
Started - 8/14
Finishing touches - 8/19
Shipped - 8/21
Delivered - 8/26

I really appreciate how much better Nike has gotten at IDing shoes. Last pair I made were Kobe VIIIs that took like 10 weeks.

Made a boring pair to get XDR soles. It'd be nice if we could get more colors than grey.
fIL1nTn.jpg

Timeline:
Ordered - 8/12
Started - 8/14
Finishing touches - 8/19
Shipped - 8/21
Delivered - 8/26

I really appreciate how much better Nike has gotten at IDing shoes. Last pair I made were Kobe VIIIs that took like 10 weeks.
Those are definitely a very straight forward colorway! Simple works though

Has anyone done a Freak 1 iD with the reflective midsole and/or the reflective swoosh??? If so, can you post a pic with the flash on??

My joints just came in and there isn't a lick of reflect on them. SMH.

Bc their courts are so clean lol

Everybody complains about translucent outsoles being terrible

That's because they are terrible. It's already been established it comes down to court condition. This means you have to play on a well kept court in order to have decent traction with your translucent outsole. That's why people complain about translucent outsoles, because most courts aren't cleaned like NBA courts. That's why gum soles (from my experience) are best - they seem to work well on any court condition.

Nike's translucent rubber seems to REALLY suck.

Adidas, Reebok (yeah I know...owned by adidas), other brands...not always that bad.

Adidas, Reebok (yeah I know...owned by adidas), other brands...not always that bad.

Yeah I was referring to Nike's translucent outsole specifically. The manufacturer they use for their translucent outsoles seems to be trash.
My Adidas sneakers with translucent outsoles perform just like Nike's gum outsoles.

The translucent stuff they used on Jordan 1 chameleons is super grippy and the gum sole on wheats was even better.. So it's very random.

This is very factual.

Nike translucent soles is garbage compared to it's competitors.

I believe Reebok made a translucent clear sole that never yellowed or discolored with age.

It's already been established it comes down to court condition. This means you have to play on a well kept court in order to have decent traction with your translucent outsole. That's why people complain about translucent outsoles, because most courts aren't cleaned like NBA courts.

Exactly my point lol

Last edited:
Should I pull the trigger already 15 mins thinking bout it. Need a daily basketball sneakers and cant find a Protro 1s on the same price thats not white plus the hassle of meeting up.

Screenshot_2019-08-27-23-33-13-103_com.android.chrome.png

Back
Top Bottom