Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

The first few colorways are lackluster, including the Coming to America pair. Hopefully there's better stuff in P.E. form.

PJ Tucker's claim gonna be kind of odd if Giannis doesn't even end up wearing his sneaker once this season. :lol:

double heel zoom would be cool but don't forget about my forefoot

Never understood heel focus over forefoot. KD 12 heel cushion feels great. But the only time I use it is when I stop to actually play with it. Probably look like a weirdo when I play with my zoom.

BREAKING NEWS: Greek Freak 1 release date postponed to start of 19-20 season :lol:
They never had a release date so its possible. If they dont make the finals I dont see them rushing to release them.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: Greek Freak 1 release date postponed to start of 19-20 season :lol:
They never had a release date so its possible. If they dont make the finals I dont see them rushing to release them.

Nike dropped the ball hard for this sneaker release.
I honestly don't see Nike releasing it even if Giannis does make it to the Finals. The timing is horrible because it's during the last 4-7 games of the entire NBA season. He hasn't even worn the sneakers once in game and I highly doubt he'd switch up his kicks for during the most important games of his career if he makes it to the Finals. Would they release the very first Giannis signature sneaker to the public before Giannis has even worn it in game? Releasing it after the Finals is an even worse scenario.

Nike dropped the ball hard for this sneaker release.
I honestly don't see Nike releasing it even if Giannis does make it to the Finals. The timing is horrible because it's during the last 4-7 games of the entire NBA season. He hasn't even worn the sneakers once in game and I highly doubt he'd switch up his kicks for during the most important games of his career if he makes it to the Finals. Would they release the very first Giannis signature sneaker to the public before Giannis has even worn it in game? Releasing it after the Finals is an even worse scenario.
Yeah they’ll still release them because they’ve been wear tested by Giannis and other players. They won’t have the hype of the finals around them, but he’ll open the season in them.

Yeah they’ll still release them because they’ve been wear tested by Giannis and other players. They won’t have the hype of the finals around them, but he’ll open the season in them.

That's why I think they might just release them during the season opening instead. That way you have an entire NBA season for exposure for the sneaker.

I was wondering yesterday will Zion get a sig for his rookie season?
Will Ben Simmons ever get a sig?
What was the last rookie that got a sig from anyone? KD back in 07?

Ain’t no damn way Ben is ever getting a signature shoe unless he miraculously comes back with a jump shot. A lot of people also hate on him hard so it probably wouldn’t sell the best outside of Australia and parts of the northeast.

Back
Top Bottom