NIKE ACG thread

Fake sellout on SNKRS; most sizes now available.
I was going to ask “are they really sold out in US?” till I see this since SNKRS-JP still has all black on FSR while Khaki & Black/White are missing only size 5s after almost a day past from their release....

khaki still available here

I saw the ACG Mountain Flys and they look really great, so I ordered it yesterday. I've been wearing my ACG React Terra Gobe shoes for hiking and I hope these are a worthy upgrade to those. They look great on feet here.

Go half size up, folks. True size was super tight. Also weird, my Niketown is selling them for $180
D7D41F87-887C-436A-9DCE-89E9A6F3E49E.jpeg 57A6DCA0-C6AE-4504-A157-350083405362.jpeg

Go half size up, folks. True size was super tight. Also weird, my Niketown is selling them for $180
D7D41F87-887C-436A-9DCE-89E9A6F3E49E.jpeg 57A6DCA0-C6AE-4504-A157-350083405362.jpeg

Nice price! Seems like a mistake? Hope the sizing is TTS or mine are going back to Nike and I'm done as no sizes remain to size up. I'm TTS in every Nike and Jordan EVER produced EXCEPT the OG Huaraches, for which I'm a full size up. Modern Huarache Runs are even TTS. So I really hope these are TTS as well....fingers crossed!

12.5 would have been nice but I just bought a sz 13 khaki off Union LA. I tried the black ones in a sz 12 at Dover Street. They were way too snug.

Wow at the price you paid! Which NY did you purchase from? Also, do you own the Antarktiks or AOs for size reference?

Got them at Niketown Seattle. Their little iPhone said no stock in my true 9.5, but employee went and checked, and they had them in stock. Fit way too tight, so went up to 10 and they fit perfect. I was wearing some Nike drifit socks. Display model was a 9 and I couldn't even get my foot in. I don't have the Antarktiks or AO's, but I'd imagine the fit is similar. They actually do kind of fit like some Huaraches. Ironically, the part that says Gore-tex is actually just some neoprene. So don't expect to fully submerge your foot in some water. The pair that I actually really want is the black and white/grey pair. But couldn't pass these up for $200. Employee showed me his device and it had all three colorways. So guessing they'll eventually drop.

A lot of people said they needed to size up in AOs; they fit TTS for me. I'm hoping the same is true for these or I'll be on the hunt for a half size up!

Grabbed a pair of the black/whites off Hanon. Some euro sites seem to have them up FS already.
I went a half size up, last time around I went TTS on the Antartiks and it didn’t work out for me.

Damn, it may seem like ordering 1/2 a size up may work out after all. I ordered both my true size and half-up size on Nike.com which is fine for the all-black color, but the khaki color, I ordered internationally in my half size up.

Just got these in and definitely glad I ordered half a size bigger.

For reference I also went half a size bigger for the Gobes. But I went TTS for the AO and the Zaherras.

PXL_20201117_014254887.jpg

So mine came with these blemishes. Would come off with my nail; looks like it's thread damage; need to take a closer look. Nike is out of 10.5s so no way to get a replacement. Haven't decided if I'll try to get a 20% discount from Nike, try to find the size somewhere else and do the swicheroo, or just flat out return them. Not sure I could live with this.

Also need to walk around a bit in them for fit. Were hard to get on, but length was TTS for me.

acg.jpg

Anxious to receive mine tomorrow lol

For reference, I opted for my true size in the AOs and Antarktiks.

So wearing them around the house a bit, although the length is TTS, that rubber toe piece that wraps over the toe makes it pretty snug to the point I'd worry about long term comfort. So ordered an 11 from Notre (cheaper than Nike b/c no tax in addition to no shipping). If the 11s don't fit perfectly I'll just return and move on. I could see them being too big everywhere else but the length....hmm...

I just got my pairs in (true size and half size up) and I'm kinda torn. I can fit both, but I feel TTS will feel snug after activity since the feet will expand a bit and I'll be wearing thicker socks more often than not.

The ride is fairly high, but it is very nicely cushioned! I feel these can replace my ACG React Terra Gobes for hiking and be utilized as a winter/inclement-weather shoe, so it's a 2-in-1!

50615082082_1982d145c6_b.jpg

Random thought, but if one were to hike in these, would flexibility be more of a "nice-to-have" or is it an actual need? That's where the carbon fiber might be a dealbreaker.

I just got my pairs in (true size and half size up) and I'm kinda torn. I can fit both, but I feel TTS will feel snug after activity since the feet will expand a bit and I'll be wearing thicker socks more often than not.

The ride is fairly high, but it is very nicely cushioned! I feel these can replace my ACG React Terra Gobes for hiking and be utilized as a winter/inclement-weather shoe, so it's a 2-in-1!

Random thought, but if one were to hike in these, would flexibility be more of a "nice-to-have" or is it an actual need? That's where the carbon fiber might be a dealbreaker.
Stiffer soles are definitely better when hiking. Your feet tend to get tired after several miles of uneven or rocky terrain, so having a stiffer sole helps keep you going. I haven't received mine yet, but when I do I can let you know how they compare with my old Asolo hikers, which have a relatively stiff sole (but nowhere near as stiff as a mountaineering boot).

So why are you torn? Sounds like your TTS would be too snug. Does the half size up feel way to loose at the heel or elsewhere? I'm in the same position, however, I have yet to receive the half size up to compare. I think TTS would just be too tight, so if half size up isn't good I'll have to do without these.

I agree.....good inclement weather shoe when you don't want bulky boots. I think they'd be fine for hiking.

Back
Top Bottom