NIKE ACG thread

Nike needs to bring these back...
nike-acg-lupinek-flyknit-low-summer-2016-01.jpg

Well that's interesting. I think it's cool that they changed things up a bit. I like the look of the OGs, but maybe this newer release is more durable? I'm sticking with my OG blacks regardless ;-).

Is there a durability issue with the OG?

PXL_20221006_090937799.jpg

After one hike (albeit a very rocky one). Spoke to an NDC rep and will be sending this back for a refund.

Here was my clay green highs after a 9 hour hike. It seems like it's the middle portion of the sole that has the softer "sticky rubber" that wears off and gets ripped out.
I wouldn't recommend using mountain flys for any serious hiking, but easy hikes on flatter ground should work perfectly fine.

Any tips on cleaning Mowabb Rattans? I only ever clean my sneakers, including ACGs with a damp rag and water, however, these seem to have some stains from hiking. Some kind of soap and water instead of just water? Just looking for something quick and easy, otherwise I'll just leave them as is. Previously I was able to just wipe them down and they looked almost DS, which was nice for wearing them around town as a quick slip-on shoe. But if they continue to stain, they'll probably just end up as hiking only. Thanks in advance!

Is he wearing OGs, or did these retro? I had these back in the day and loved them. Would love to have them again. While I didn't, a lot of people had an issue with the metal arch separating. Never knew the name of them util now; thanks!

Received my 2023 Mountain Flys high in black and just like the beige one, they have a different upper than the previous one.
Do you have the previous model as well? Just curious if it’s better or the reasoning behind the change. Thanks 🙏

Do you have the previous model as well? Just curious if it’s better or the reasoning behind the change. Thanks 🙏
I didn't keep the previous ones cause I went TTS and couldn't even put them. Went a whole size up this time and the fit is perfect.
Not sure why they changed the upper tbh, it seems like it will be more of a dirt magnet than the previous ones.

Is he wearing OGs, or did these retro? I had these back in the day and loved them. Would love to have them again. While I didn't, a lot of people had an issue with the metal arch separating. Never knew the name of them util now; thanks!
If u read the description attached to this IG account, you should be able to guess they are are basically posting OGs only since it says “historic sneaker moment archive”…

I like the side view, but the top down view is horrible. Definitely not ACG-worthy as those would be a dirt magnet and impossible to clean.

It's a water shoe. The sole has holes, and the upper is completely woven. So no, not all conditions. Call it Aquatic Conditions Gear if you will. I did not know until today that there was a mid-2000's ACG shoe called the water cat. This appears to be an updated version

MATERIAL-MATTERS-NIKE-ACG-TECH-WATER-CAT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom