NIKE ACG thread

Peg trail seems like more of a trail running shoe with less laterally support for bouldering or general uneven ground? How's the cushion on the Pegs compared to the MFs?

I’d say the outsole on the peg is significantly better than the MF. So any more structure the mf might have, the peg seems better with grip on loose rocks or bouldering. One advantage the MF has is the plate, whereas the peg doesn’t. If the peg had a rock plate for that occasional random rock that you step on, it’d be even better. The cushioning I would say is somewhat on par of the mountain flys. The mountain flys are tanks though, even though they are super comfortable.

I’d say the outsole on the peg is significantly better than the MF. So any more structure the mf might have, the peg seems better with grip on loose rocks or bouldering. One advantage the MF has is the plate, whereas the peg doesn’t. If the peg had a rock plate for that occasional random rock that you step on, it’d be even better. The cushioning I would say is somewhat on par of the mountain flys. The mountain flys are tanks though, even though they are super comfortable.

Yeah, MFs definitely have a bulky look to them. I might pick up the Pegs if the go on deep discount. I think my son would like them too, but he says he prefers the classic Merrells for hiking over the last ACGs are I got him.

Peg trail seems like more of a trail running shoe with less laterally support for bouldering or general uneven ground? How's the cushion on the Pegs compared to the MFs?

Is the traction different on ACG models? Most look to have the lugs on the soles. I have Nasus and the sole was initially a little sticky and I've tried bouldering in them and the grip was terrible. Are the MF better or maybe it's because my shoes are old and beat up?

Is the traction different on ACG models? Most look to have the lugs on the soles. I have Nasus and the sole was initially a little sticky and I've tried bouldering in them and the grip was terrible. Are the MF better or maybe it's because my shoes are old and beat up?

To my understanding the do vary. I've seen lots of bad review of MF soles straight up having the lugs ripped off. I haven't had that problem taking them hiking, but I'm not doing anything hardcore. If I go by my experience, I'd say they offer good grip, however, from what people have said, they're not durable.

I should add that my Terra Zaherra's are awesome for warm weather b/c they're thin/breathable and light and super cushy. The tread works fine for me. They have a lot of visible wear, but still present. There's a tradeoff....the softer the ride, the less durable. I've had Merrells that are a decade old with barely any visible wear, but those things are so heavy and not comfortable in terms of cushion. It's a tradeoff. I'd rather have more comfortable and replace them more often, but that's just me.

I have both, MF won’t be any better. They are comparable to the Nasau.

Reactions: TWC
Mowabbs for the atmospheric river
A15B4F17-A2E7-4DF7-8743-81C72EA3BEB6.jpeg

i ordered a pair of the smith summit pants because they were on sale. usually wear a medium in nike pants but they didn’t have it in M so i ordered a small. you guys think it’ll fit? it looks kinda baggy anyway?

got my peg trails in and they fit very nicely. can’t wait to try em out.

i ordered a pair of the smith summit pants because they were on sale. usually wear a medium in nike pants but they didn’t have it in M so i ordered a small. you guys think it’ll fit? it looks kinda baggy anyway?

got my peg trails in and they fit very nicely. can’t wait to try em out.

It's super baggy for me... I usually wear S in ACGs and got those smith summit in a S... they're loose bro, I could fit an XS.

Back
Top Bottom