Nike Air 180 OG

wowwwww theses were discounted a week after release... and i thought i was getting a decent deal at 99.99 :lol:
looks like i might be getting a second pair now

Not sure if people seen these cheaper somewhere else but just in case...

Tucson, AZ - Foothills Mall Nike Outlet

520-498-0169

HNakQvt.jpg

If I fail at any of these releases in the coming month, the concord 180s will be had for low

I never got a chance to buy these when they originally released back in 1992, and now that I own the 2013 retro I am even more sorry I never got to wear the originals. These literally might be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Javier
on the fence a little bit but this pic did for me i need both of these .

Yup  not really decided of the olympic cw , i'd prefer this shoe with a colored lining  .

Anyway  after a long hunt , almost ten years ,  i finally grabbed a DS 1991  Ceramic concord  in my size .

I had them when i was a little kid  , picked up  these vs  Air force 180 low  at the time , lot of memories in this shoe ...

Here is it with the 2013  ultramarine .

Last edited:
How much bigger was that original bubble? I never had them when the OGs came out. I dont understand why they can't make the retro air capsule as large as it was back then.

How much bigger was that original bubble? I never had them when the OGs came out. I dont understand why they can't make the retro air capsule as large as it was back then.
This pic was made (not by me) just after the first 180 retro released (2005??)

View media item 692814
I had OGs and compared to other Nikes I had worn before (Stabs, AM1s) 180s were almost like walking on heels.

There are several stories about the infamous 180 bubble. Nike supposedly was forced to stop production because of a patent issue regarding this air unit (with Avia??), that's why they haven't been around longer than about a year or so (only 3 mens / 3 wms c/ways)

After the retros released I read stories saying that the patent issue had expired but that Nike had lost the original production moulds so they couldn't make the OG size anymore. Whatever the reason may be, most retro releases are only meant to look like OG shoes but not to be used as the high performance items they once were; bubbles of AM90s are also smaller than they were originally. Furthermore different (new) production techniques also creates different shapes (we all know about that nowadays regarding to Nike)

Although I regard OG 180s as the best shoes Nike ever made (I've had 2 pairs), the bad overall shape and especially the air bubble of the retros keep me from buying them.

Yall get it...OG 180 and to a lesser extent the retro versions are hands down some of the most comfortable shoes created...

Here in Vegas the OG's had the same type of presence that the current New Balance 99x models carry in that you would literally see people from all walks of life wearing the damn things...Old men, Grade School Kids, Nurses at work etc...Things were comfy enough that they hit that right button for everybody...

How hard is it to cut open an OG pair that Nike has laying around in a warehouse and re-construct the damn bubble? One word...LAZY

I picked up 2 of the ultramarine colorway but airmaestro said it.. why cant they open up the original and make a bigger air pocket. OR just make a bigger air pocket to begin with. I never had the original but wish I had gotten a pair. At the time I was wearing some Air Tech Challenge 3's. It would also be nice if they put back some sort of forefoot cushioning in them. Or at least put in a Fitsole 2 in them to make them more comfortable.

I also dont understand the deal with the patent Avia issue. Whats the difference in how much air you put in the air bubble? Nike surely had patents for air bubbles so why couldnt they make a large one. Anyway those OG vs retro differences are quite a bit. Much smaller now and less exciting. Still a nice shoe in the ultramarine colorway and worthy of picking up. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Patent issue is over with. It's a cost "issue". That extra inch saved in an air bubble over thousands of sneakers = $$$$$$$ saved for Nike.

They run narrow and long. TTS was too tight and too long for me. This is one of those shoes that just won't fit my foot

love these . grabbing the concord pair soon .

now if we could just get the hot lime/blue sapphire joints in mens and ultramarines without that pre-yellowed sole 
mean.gif

Got the EM Ultramarine's for $34 + shipping from Orange Nike Store.

Too comfy to pass up, went a half size up.

Back
Top Bottom