Nike Air 180 OG

Yeah, I'm referring to how the original used to be. I had gotten the Air Tech Challenge 3 at the time the Ultramarines first came out. I wanted it but never got them. The air pocket on the original 180 was massive. Even the commercial for them had an animated character jumping and bouncing up from inside the shoe because the shoe was so cushioned with the large air bag. I tried the retros on and they just felt flat. It's well known they are much smaller than the original.
thats true to all the air maxes.  in the complete guid, the air unit in the og sport red am1s are busting out the unit, like bulging.  

thats true to all the air maxes.  in the complete guid, the air unit in the og sport red am1s are busting out the unit, like bulging.  
Sort of, but the difference between AM90/1 retros and OGs is not as big as with 180s. AM1s had that bigger unit only for a very short period of time back then, like 1 or 2 years if I'm correct. So the current retro AM1s aren't that different from older pairs from f.e. 89-91 that aren't considered retros.

The 180s however had a HUGE air unit, all of the OG models. Longer and much higher than seen before. It was like walking on heels. The whole marketing campaign around them was based on that. So why make a retro then WITHOUT those units. What's the point.

When the retros were announced I was really really excited. BEST SHOE EVER. AVAILABLE AGAIN. And Nike hadn't retroed that much models back then so it was big news.

Then I finally saw them in a shop. BIGGEST DISPPOINTMENT OF MY LIFE. Hilariously small units. The whole profile of the shoe was off too. They're not even close. Never tried them on. THEY.ARE.AWFUL.

Let me just leave this here once again.
View media item 1884796:smh:

Love this illustration. I got a shirt when the first retroed the 180 in 2006. Got it with my ID's. When they had they online promotion where you could only ID 20 pairs a day. Was very that I got through I remember… good old days ;-)
anyone with more information about the shirts? i know there were more than one. did nike send them random with every id? could you choose design and size?

anyone with more information about the shirts? i know there were more than one. did nike send them random with every id? could you choose design and size?

There were 4 shirts you could choose from for $35 a pop if I remember rightly.
U had to buy a shirt aswell as the kicks.

Here you go.

http://designarchives.aiga.org/#/en...7/1134/nike-air-max-180-id-fun-pack-sitelet/1

Those guys made the 180 fun pack webpages [emoji]128077[/emoji]

If u zoom in you can scroll through with the arrows [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Check the colour palette on offer aswell. Pure [emoji]128588[/emoji]

This was the second drop of the Id's on the is site. The first options were called metropops as they was available to metropop magazine members first [emoji]9996[/emoji]️

Still the best thing Nike come up with.

And as for the change in bubble size from 1991-1992 to the 05-06 onwards releases. . I'm pretty sure Nike was made to change their original bubble design as they were taken to court by avia trainers for a breach of copyright over the bubble which Nike blatantly copied. It took years to sort out and was settled out of court by Nike.

Speculation I know but that's what I'm thinking !!

the good old days [sigh]
tired.gif

There were 4 shirts you could choose from for $35 a pop if I remember rightly.
U had to buy a shirt aswell as the kicks.

Here you go.

http://designarchives.aiga.org/#/en...7/1134/nike-air-max-180-id-fun-pack-sitelet/1

Those guys made the 180 fun pack webpages [emoji]128077[/emoji]

If u zoom in you can scroll through with the arrows [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Check the colour palette on offer aswell. Pure [emoji]128588[/emoji]

This was the second drop of the Id's on the is site. The first options were called metropops as they was available to metropop magazine members first [emoji]9996[/emoji]️

Still the best thing Nike come up with.

And as for the change in bubble size from 1991-1992 to the 05-06 onwards releases. . I'm pretty sure Nike was made to change their original bubble design as they were taken to court by avia trainers for a breach of copyright over the bubble which Nike blatantly copied. It took years to sort out and was settled out of court by Nike.

Speculation I know but that's what I'm thinking !!
thanks for the help!

found the set on eBay some weeks ago and got it today:

thanks for the help!

found the set on eBay some weeks ago and got it today:

View media item 1887720

That's wicked mate. Please tell me these aren't all xl otherwise I'll just explode [emoji]128556[/emoji] I've been after the full set for ages and never found the two middle ones.

I have the rabbit and the pink one but I've struggled for the others if anyone can help me out ??

I have a feeling these are all small size and if I'm correct they used to belong to a guy in Italy many years ago. They rarely rarely come up and that's the only full set I've seen on my travels.

Well done snagging them man [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128074[/emoji]

Very excited to have tracked down a pair of these finally! As with all running shoes, had to go .5 up, bit it's perfect for me. Just the right amount of room and I have nice space to wiggle my toes. Very comfy! Love the color too!!! Good retro Nike!!!

View media item 1994848

Very excited to have tracked down a pair of these finally! As with all running shoes, had to go .5 up, bit it's perfect for me. Just the right amount of room and I have nice space to wiggle my toes. Very comfy! Love the color too!!! Good retro Nike!!!
im considering getting concords.  but it could also be just an itch im tryna scratch since the 180 well is so freaking dry.  its literally a handful of color ways worth looking at. ultra marines, urban camo, adventure, and a few others. 

Back
Top Bottom