Nike Air 180 OG

sick.gif

To me it's not about the masculinity it's just they are kind of ugly. The white and pinks are decent but in all honesty they just both are kind of loud and tacky.

Curious how many of you buying retros actually owned OGs back in the days.
I'll admit I've never owned any OG Nike runners, grew up dirt poor so parents weren't buying me kicks like that. More often than not I would get hand me downs from family friends

It's not about the pink. Not at all. OGs had lots of bright colors including flashy pink, and I've worn those.

The retro itself is a big JOKE regardless of the colorway, and yes I'm repeating myself.
The reduction of air bubble size on 95s/AMPs etcetera is barely noticeable compared to what they did to 180s.

They look like f********* kid's shoes.

Curious how many of you buying retros actually owned OGs back in the days.
Most of us on NT have not owned 1970s-2000 nike runners due to rarity, condition, price, and being born later than you. Almost every nike and jordan retro model gets its quality diminished and its price raised. I've seen you post some of your "China midsole" and "cliff toe" am1s, so clearly you still buy into this "big JOKE" of retros. Why still buy them, then? We know what we're getting with retro shapes, we know it sucks, but we know it's our only option to get some sort of version of the shoe we like, and we know we have the choice to buy or not.

Last edited:
Most of us on NT have not owned 1970s-2000 nike runners due to rarity, condition, price, and being born later than you. Almost every nike and jordan retro model gets its quality diminished and its price raised. I've seen you post some of your "China midsole" and "cliff toe" am1s, so clearly you still buy into this "big JOKE" of retros. Why still buy them, then? We know what we're getting with retro shapes, we know it sucks, but we know it's our only option to get some sort of version of the shoe we like, and we know we have the choice to buy or not.
If you had read correctly then you would have known that the difference between f.e. AM1 OGs and retros is much smaller than the difference between OG180s and its retro monstrosity.

Also I simply cannot imagine anyone who had OGs finding these retros acceptable. Because, again, compared to other retro releases they are really really really really really really really really really bad. Seriously.
I have said this before but 180 retros are like Huarache retros without the sock liner. The HUGE air bubble was the main feature of 180s, in the same way as the liners were to Huas. So what is the point of retroing them without that feature.

I don't own any China midsoles (because of the China midsoles). I do own a few cliff toe AM1s yes, but I also stopped buying 1s because of those cliff toes. And furthermore to me the cliff toe isn't the biggest contributor to the off shape of AM1s. So the few pairs I have are either beaters and/or relatively less badly shaped, as in just acceptable.

The uppers of the updated shape 1s are def an improvement but they are still too off for my taste at the moment.

Also the fact that 180s were available for a very short time (I think about a year or just over, only 6 cws, and never any lifestyle versions) contributes to its iconic status, and they are remembered as a top-top-top of the bill high performance running shoe. Wearing them you knew you had something REALLY REALLY special, that was never seen before and has never been seen since.

In some way I want Nike retro releases to give me at least the impression that they still could be an athletic shoe, even if they most likely cannot be used that way. I don't even have to try 180 retros on to know they will not be able to give me this impression.

Also the fact that 180 retros were released in lots of clown colorways and/or tacky animal prints since the first retro in 2005 only destroys the OGs status further and further. Almost to a point of no return already.

Also the fact that 180s were available for a very short time (I think about a year or just over, only 6 cws, and never any lifestyle versions) contributes to its iconic status, and they are remembered as a top-top-top of the bill high performance running shoe. Wearing them you knew you had something REALLY REALLY special, that was never seen before and has never been seen since.

In some way I want Nike retro releases to give me at least the impression that they still could be an athletic shoe, even if they most likely cannot be used that way. I don't even have to try 180 retros on to know they will not be able to give me this impression.

Also the fact that 180 retros were released in lots of clown colorways and/or tacky animal prints since the first retro in 2005 only destroys the OGs status further and further. Almost to a point of no return already.
Lighten Up! Let us live ole dusty grumpy ***. 
mean.gif

You can write paragraphs about the good ole days and all that dusty ish'. I'm still going to grab Nike 180's that are still wearable and wear them out. Have a good summer! 
nthat.gif

Better look at the Comme des Garçons x Nike Air Max 180 Pairs

View media item 2475526

View media item 2475527
I had the original 180s, and am looking forward to these. It was my first real running shoe back in the day, the first one with which I broke a seven-minute mile. I eventually got down to five minutes. Anyone have release info on the CDGs? I hope they're less expensive than the Vapormaxes!

Last edited:
CDG's remind me of the Kid Robot AM1's (Both Pairs)...

Oddly enough, despite being a decidedly non-flashy shoe guy, I'm digging the lighter colored pair...I'd be down for a purchase if they drop...

I would love a crisp pair of ultramarines right now . I also have regrets of passing on powerwalls .

35643846230_f9450d70e2_z.jpg

Finally got these in from ebay after some shipping mishaps. I know there's a lot of ill will about the 2013 "vintage" look but the price was right and they were barely worn at all. I'll work on trying to scrub off some of the yellowing, it's not too visible in the photo because I took the photo in the shade. Any tips on removing the yellowing on midsole without damaging the solar red paint?

(sorry if the img size is big, haven't posted many images since forum revamp)

i forgot what I did with wiping off the "vintage" look. It worked pretty well though. Maybe it was a magic eraser? Hmm..

Finally got these in from ebay after some shipping mishaps. I know there's a lot of ill will about the 2013 "vintage" look but the price was right and they were barely worn at all. I'll work on trying to scrub off some of the yellowing, it's not too visible in the photo because I took the photo in the shade. Any tips on removing the yellowing on midsole without damaging the solar red paint?
(sorry if the img size is big, haven't posted many images since forum revamp)

9a8u3Pgl.jpg

stripped and repainted mine.

They look good unseen unseen , did you add a little mixture of yellow for the "sail" color or just straight up white? Can't tell from that photo. I actually love that they used sail on the uppers instead of regular white.

AirLoMax614 AirLoMax614 yeah I'll keep it, gonna be beating these up over time anyway. I just saw an 09 pair on ebay (11.5 if anyone is looking) that has midsoles like the 13s so I guess it's inevitable anyway.

Back
Top Bottom