Nike Air 180 OG

I hope they drop other colorways first, someone wears them a few times to find out if the bubble still squeaks. If not I'll cop ultramarines :lol: throwback to my 2013 pair I got in like 2017

am180.jpg

The guy said they went into the archives and scanned an original and mapped out how it was constructed and then matched it stitch by stitch. This shape shown seems pretty straight on doesn’t it?
IMG_1696.jpeg
the uppers are stitch for stitch it seems , but the outsole is not entirely og specs ,I believe. and why I was a bit sad about it , but it is much closer ,real close minus the og translucent flaps ,they just went for the optical correctness again not for complete technical correctness. fine by me , I do understand ,at least it looks like how it should .
maybe they are even better in hand or on foot, I will have to order me a bunch anyway . I am starting to agree with you I think they will do nicely and do look pretty straight on. thanks buddy!

I made quick comparison pics with the OGs.

To me it looks like they focused solely on the bubble size and not on the overall shape, which has been total garbage on the retros so far, and still seems to be.

180UMcomp.jpg

180comp5.jpg

180comp4.jpg

180comp3.jpg
180comp1.jpg

180comp2.jpg
Yes, I see what you mean. However, you are comparing the inner side of the '24 with the outer sides of the OG's. Let's hope it's a bit better shaped on the outside, but it's a great comparison nonetheless 👍🫡

I made quick comparison pics with the OGs.

To me it looks like they focused solely on the bubble size and not on the overall shape, which has been total garbage on the retros so far, and still seems to be.

180UMcomp.jpg

180comp5.jpg

180comp4.jpg

180comp3.jpg
180comp1.jpg

180comp2.jpg
to be fair : you are using the inner part of the retro and comparing it to the outside of the og . use a pic of the inside of an og ,that would be more fair to compare.

I’m all in for UMs next year. Started looking for a pair a year ago and prices were not what I was expecting…

Let’s hope Nike doesn’t gouge but I expect these will be $150-160 given their current pricing scheme.

I couldn't tell from the new pic we're looking at the medial side of the shoe.
Ah wait you can tell by the single midsole cut, lateral side has 2.

I hardly have any pics showing OGs on the medial side.

1000076607.png

I know, it's a sh*tty picture but it's the best I can do from my phone. I think if you take a look at it from this side it's much better already. The thickness of the portion of the white midsole above the Solar red outline of the air unit is much more true to the OG then ever before. Also, the shape of the panels, although kinda hard to see on this image, is looking pretty darn well IMHO.

Then again, I don't think the overall shape & silhouette are that different on each side.

Then again, I don't think the overall shape & silhouette are that different on each side.
I think they could be. A friend of mine has an original pair of UM's from '91, asked him for a picture of the medial side just now, I'll post it when it comes in 📨

I must agree, from this side it looks better, best I could make of the ****ty IG image.

Although the midsole looks too thick, especially from front to wedge.
Looked at all my OG pics and every single pair has a relatively thin front midsole.

180UMcomp2.jpg

I must agree, from this side it looks better, best I could make of the ****ty IG image.

Looked at all my OG pics and every single pair has a relatively thin front midsole.

that is why we need them in hand . they are not identical for sure ,they are not. but not bad at all ,and It could have been a lot worse.

180UMcomp2.jpg
Agreed on the midsole indeed!

Here are the photos from my friend, he didn't dare to touch the UM #crumblingmidsole
1000076620.jpg
1000076619.jpg
1000076624.jpg
1000076628.jpg
1000076632.jpg
the size is also important , because of the scaling from small to big.
I have many sizes of all og cw's .the smallest og's use the same airbag as the biggest og's ,so none are the same because the shoe is bigger or smaller but the airbag not, can you believe it? I will show you in the next pic.
these days they do it differently.
I believe that is what went wrong with the big bubbles , the scaling. the bigger the size ,the more off they were, just too big looking . I went a size down and they look great now . that shrunk the sole and shape down to the well known 86 og air max 1 shape and thickness ,if you catch my drift.

the size is also important , because of the scaling from small to big.
I have many sizes of all og cw's .the smallest og's use the same airbag as the biggest og's ,so none are the same because the shoe is bigger or smaller but the airbag not, can you believe it? I will show you in the next pic.
these days they do it differently.
I believe that is what went wrong with the big bubbles , the scaling. the bigger the size ,the more off they were, just too big looking . I went a size down and they look great now . that shrunk the sole and shape down to the well known 86 og air max 1 shape and thickness ,if you catch my drift.
Haha, I already thought something like that but now you confirm it 👍👍 I believe the size from my friend's OG's is about a size 7? That bubble looks humongous!

The guy said they went into the archives and scanned an original and mapped out how it was constructed and then matched it stitch by stitch. This shape shown seems pretty straight on doesn’t it?
IMG_1696.jpeg
Mapping the original upper stitch by stitch won’t produce the same result since they’ll be building it on a differently shaped last. That’s why the 90 recraft was such a process.

It's a size 7 or 7,5 in the pictures. Ok, so from what I hear from my sneakerhead-friend the bubble was indeed the same size for sizes 40 (eu) and up. From size 40 to smaller sizes there was a 'kids' version apparently?

Back
Top Bottom