Nike Air 180 OG

I don't think I'm seeing what you're saying. Can someone point out this painted area, that shouldn't be painted?

Thanks.

IMG_7964.jpeg

This is the Berlin, here it's painted in yellow. That's the actual airbag that has been painted on and that's no OG trademark.
1000091267.jpg

Gotcha, thank you.

Thought folks were talking about around the air bubble as in the picture below...Bottom pair did not have the white trim....but that's irrelevant now for this convo.

1000091252-jpg.3252274

I’m guessing most of the airbags lying around have a solid white plastic bottom piece and nike didn’t feel like creating new airbags for this one model.

Is it just me or is there NOT a square thingy on the bottom of the shoe that’s shown in the video?

OK to be perfectly honest - not that this will change my mind on buying - but at first sight I thought that 'square' on the bottom of the bubble was some sort of cut out area, which doesn't seem to be the case. It's the different 'colors' and semi-transparency that makes it look like this, at least to me.

The painted part is on the inside of the bottom of the airbag. It looks like you would have to cut open the airbag to remove any paint so I don’t think there’s any sort of modifications that could be made without ruining the shoe.

If I learned anything from the mods I did on the '18's it's on the outside of the airbag and the inside of the outsole. But looking at the images I see since my remarks about this I have to say I think I'm good with how it is and looks!

It still looks great. The point people are making is that Nike shouldn't say it's 1:1 when any idiot can see the major construction difference. They should just be honest about the compromises they made; that would be interesting story telling. The way they went, though, they just look like fools.

It still looks great. The point people are making is that Nike shouldn't say it's 1:1 when any idiot can see the major construction difference. They should just be honest about the compromises they made; that would be interesting story telling. The way they went, though, they just look like fools.
and then the other idiots getting mad when people like us point out the differences.

Back
Top Bottom