Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

You see these flight legacy’s ? LOL
A38910BF-AAD4-491B-B741-E495D52F1101.jpeg

776BD268-517D-4CF6-8AB5-E7C86C4B68BB.jpeg

I wouldn’t have even minded just a black collar lining. Black laces might make most the sense in my head.

One problem with these stupid changes is, they hand us disincentive to buy. Then it all ends up in outlets and seems like a failure. These sorts of retro models are a somewhat niche audience in the first place. There are so many damn shoes to choose from these days, so many releases. So even when they drop a classic shoe like this, some of us—old diehards who would usually snap these up—well, I won’t speak for anyone else but when you give me

Last edited:
One problem with these stupid changes is, they hand us disincentive to buy. Then it all ends up in outlets and seems like a failure. These sorts of retro models are a somewhat niche audience in the first place. There are so many damn shoes to choose from these days, so many releases. So even when they drop a classic shoe like this, some of us—old diehards who would usually snap these up—well, I won’t speak for anyone else but when you give me a crap version, it’s easy to skip it. I have more than enough shoes to bother spending money on weak retros. Either do it right or just don’t bother.

Damn I had no idea these joints were coming back. I always wanted a pair of the red and white ones when I saw pippen wearing them for the Bulls in the 90s. Will they be re-releasing them? Thanks in advance..

Comfort is similar to my many AJ IVs as expected, its a decent retro. Mid grade leather used, colored (red) midsole has a flat finish to it. Did past retros feature a glossy midsole?

looking forward to the black pair releasing.

I've wanted this colorway for 30 years, ever since Scottie rocked them in games. I could even probably get past the black tongue and NA heel logo. But Nightwing's look at them killed them for me. Crap materials and even worse, no perforated toe box. One of these things, I could overlook. But together, it's just too much badness. At least at retail. Maybe if I ever happen across them at an outlet, I'll grab them for posterity. Otherwise, it's a fail. Nike :smh:

I've wanted this colorway for 30 years, ever since Scottie rocked them in games. I could even probably get past the black tongue and NA heel logo. But Nightwing's look at them killed them for me. Crap materials and even worse, no perforated toe box. One of these things, I could overlook. But together, it's just too much badness. At least at retail. Maybe if I ever happen across them at an outlet, I'll grab them for posterity. Otherwise, it's a fail. Nike :smh:

I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Back
Top Bottom