"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

So 2021 is making those artefacts roughly 30 years old ( Production dates begin DECEMBER 1991 to be exact for my oldest pairs )

Do Nike is planning to remaster what i would consider the best basketball Nike shoe ever made ?

No banana shape , correct colors , sufficient padding and good proportion , is it too much to ask for ? Nope it has to be perfect .

IMG_20210126_180704.jpg
Man, how I wish. Still have a pair of the retros of this colorway, and a pair of the Lakers. Both basically brand new. Doubled on both, sold my DS pairs a year or so ago just because I didn't need them. I was so happy just to have the retros at first, but they basically suck. So off in shape and size and proportion. Still have my 2004 retro white/blue/silver pair, which was so much closer to the OGs. Obviously can't wear them, though. Really ****ed up Nike has not done these right in the OG colorways, ever. It's time. I fear it will never happen, though.

Also have a few DS pairs of the 2014 QS retros I saw in my basement the other day. Funny I run across this post. Maybe time to break one out and sell the other.

I grew up in Southfield Michigan. My High School was about 2 miles away from Country Day where Webber went. I was a senior in HS when the fan 5 were Freshman. Michigan kids were going crazy over this shoe that spring. Would love to get a pair for my nephew. He loves all that old nostalgia and stories.

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. I haven't wore my '14 pair in years. Guess I can turn them into beaters now.

Side note : I still smh that I didn't cop the kobe pair back then.

Rejoice!

Edit: Double up if they fix the shape.

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. I haven't wore my '14 pair in years. Guess I can turn them into beaters now.

Side note : I still smh that I didn't cop the kobe pair back then.

I know it's not needed here :lol: but another reminder of what they did to us last release. Today's news is well needed.

H4.jpg

H2.png

I can't get excited until it's confirmed they are going to do them properly. This is one of my all-time favorites; had the OG Fab Five colorway as my team summer league shoe in '92. I bought two pairs each of the most recent retro, both the OG and the Kobe colorways. And I ended up selling them all because they sucked so bad. They just looked stupid and nothing like the actual shoe. I still have a pair of the 2003 or whenever it was retro, and those are how these should be built.

I'm cautiously optimistic Nike will do it right this time, given the fact the previous retro got no love and received lots of similar criticism to what I just said. Also, the fact Nike has retooled the Huarache runner to be much closer to the OG gives me hope it actually cares a little bit this time around and will treat the Flights the same way. But as always, you can never predict what this company will do when it comes to these classic retros.

I think they're gonna mess these up. What has Nike basketball remastered in the last few years?

It's Nike Running that has remastered stuff with the AM90 and Huarache runner.

I grew up in Southfield Michigan. My High School was about 2 miles away from Country Day where Webber went. I was a senior in HS when the fan 5 were Freshman. Michigan kids were going crazy over this shoe that spring. Would love to get a pair for my nephew. He loves all that old nostalgia and stories.

What mile you stayed on or off of?

I’m in. Unless they put a mini swoosh on the side of the toe box. Then I’ll just deal with the crap materials of the last release.
I wish they’d retro other early 90s basketball.

I think they're gonna mess these up. What has Nike basketball remastered in the last few years?

Definitely true, which is why I'm reserving my enthusiasm until more info/images appear. If I'm trying to convince myself there's a chance they'll do them right, I'm thinking it would seem pretty stupid to just release them again in the same form as the previous retro. Those things sat around and no one cared; I think I even got some of my pairs on discount. But since it's Nike, I won't be at all surprised if they just reissue them in the same crap mold as before.
I’m in. Unless they put a mini swoosh on the side of the toe box. Then I’ll just deal with the crap materials of the last release.
I wish they’d retro other early 90s basketball.
I cared less about the materials on the previous ones and way more about the shape and proportions. That's what ruined them for me. They weren't even fun to look at sitting on my closet shelf :lol:

Not many pairs specifically. They did do an amazing job on the Air Pressure (yeah, they did charge $300 but they were AWESOME). The Maestro II Pippen ASG shoe while not 100% perfect, the shape and the materials especially, were some of their best work in a long time at that time. Even the Command Force retoes from what, 6-8 years ago were pretty darn impressive.

I'm holding out hope these are good. The 2003s were almost a perfect retro. Didn't get the OG white color (the silver/blue Huarache bootie color was great and I loved wearing those). We did get the black Fab 5 color which was awesome. Shape was close. Much much better than the 2014/2015 retro. Fingers crossed.

Nike running hasn’t been in charge of the am90s tho it’s all been Nike sportswear for the retro stuff. Hopefully who ever was the project lead for the 90s and huaraches is in charge of these

Nike running hasn’t been in charge of the am90s tho it’s all been Nike sportswear for the retro stuff. Hopefully who ever was the project lead for the 90s and huaraches is in charge of these
Have they done any basketball shoes in the past few years?

The Flight lite they're currently retroing has a good shape but cheap-feeling materials. (Idk what department is handling these)

Have they done any basketball shoes in the past few years?

The Flight lite they're currently retroing has a good shape but cheap-feeling materials. (Idk what department is handling these)
Yeah they continue to do the basketball and trainer releases like the pennys and air trainer 1s that dropped.

The flight lites are also in the same category as those but Nike obviously doesn’t care to put much effort in on the flight lites when it comes to the materials

A protro of these would be nice. Like a zoom strobel or something like that.
Definitely waiting for the day when Nike begins protroing their retro basketball shoes. I'll gladly pay the upcharge to have an upgraded model that meets modern day performance standards. They were doing it for Kobe's, but that's about it as far as I know.

Last edited:
^ I know those are (likely) pics of previous version but I just get entertained how some of these get out for actual sale. Like, is anyone at Nike looking at the product? Is anyone there honestly going "Yep, this is a retro of that shoe - send her through!"

They look like clown shoes, like elementary kids took a stab at copying a legendary sneaker :lol:

Back
Top Bottom